Valiant Hearts: The Great War

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems Ubisoft is fully embracing the artsy indie games thing, after Child of Light comes Valiant Hearts. Release date is June 25th, PSN/Xbox LIVE Arcade/PC Digital(so I guess Uplay).

Sulrn

Deuces
Definitely looks depressing. Not sure how you turn something like that into a great game if you leave your audience wanting to eat a shotgun.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm sold on it already, things can't normally get an emotional impact out of me - and I've got to say, it did touch on some depression for me too - but looks like it'll be a great ride, plus WWI (I think it's WWI at least - not sure how you'd ID it between the two WWs) is a great backdrop that hasn't been used for much outside of shooters in a while.

This looks like it's an adventure game I'm guessing - with the dude and dog being amongst the characters played.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's WW1, the title is pretty obvious about it, since The Great War is WW1.

In terms of gameplay, I think it'll be maybe a bit like Trine or so, multiple characters and platform/puzzle/combat mix, not too sure but it seemed to be kinda like that, maybe more action oriented hard to tell on the few gameplay bits.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not that fresh on my WW lingo - I'd forgotten that. (I remember now that you say it of course - but I don't keep 1900-50s history fresh in mind as much as I should)

Szlia

I must say I am not a big fan of this flash-like aesthetic where you vector-draw and animate by sliding chunks of the characters instead of drawing each frame. Still I will support it because of the theme and format.

Sulrn

Deuces
So would you say that you're not a fan of the Metal Slug series? or Castle Crashers?

Szlia

Pretty sure Metal Slug is pixel art through and through. Castle Crasher has a vector graphics aesthetic I don't care much about, but most of the animations are drawn from scratch. A better example of what I don't like would be Shank.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Played for about 4 hours on PS4 Saturday and really enjoyed it. Hopefully there's some break in work and I can put some more time in today. The wife and a couple of in-laws were over and seemed to really enjoy the presentation and puzzles, none game very much.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've finished it. This is, without a doubt, the saddest thing I've ever played in 25 years of gaming.

around 8 or 9 hours.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I finally got around to playing and beating this and I will 2nd Quineloe's statement. Easily the saddest thing I have ever played but a really enjoyable game.