Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

Martyr_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_8918.jpg
rrr_img_8919.jpg
rrr_img_8920.jpg

some moar pics

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It's too plasticy and the texturing is awful. But the speedtree mod and the cloud/sky mod they purchased is pretty good.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone know roughly how big the download is (from scratch)? I'd like to mess around in VG a bit again but have irritating cap issues to consider and I remember the game being pretty big.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
qwerty_sl said:
Stories like this are pretty pathetic to be honest. If you put zero effort in to the game then don't blame it for not giving something back. All your gear would probably be on the Escrow at an altar. And there are auction houses in every town and you can teleport instantly to any town if you find a rift stone. Had you spent 5 minutes in the game you would have found this or you could have just asked the players and they would have helped.

The game has its fair share of problems but not handing everything on a plate to some fool who rage quit 6 years ago only to log back in now and rage quit again after 2 minutes, is not something this game needs to worry about.
I think this post quantifies why the majority of players here disagree with every post that you manage to drool out.

The majority of players on this board have played MMO's and most have been playing since EQ. Yet, in every single one of your god-forsaken posts, you make the presumptive argument that it is the player's fault if they don't enjoy a game you yourself enjoy.

Making statements like, "Well, the game shouldn't cater to people who rage quit," completely ignores the fact that the game in and of itself created a wall between the player and the game.

You're immediate assumption, over and over again, is that it's the players fault they're not enjoying the game. Who are these games being made for again? Oh yeah, players. If the devs can't manage to involve players in their game within a reasonable period of time (I suppose it differs with every game/situation), then that's their fault and their game will die.

Get over yourself, monkey. Clearly you can type (pages), it's the thinking that eludes you.

Yet, in every single one of your god-forsaken posts, you make the presumptive argument that it is the player's fault if they don't enjoy a game you yourself enjoy.
Lol really in every post I do that? Not just one post ever? What color is the sky on your fucked planet?

Making statements like, "Well, the game shouldn't cater to people who rage quit," completely ignores the fact that the game in and of itself created a wall between the player and the game.
What? It's almost as dumbed down as WoW, it's not a wall at all. Here is some retard who logged in after 6 years and couldn't find his weapons, and yet didn't check any of the places where they might be. And then he comes on here and bitches about how it let him down. No, you let yourself down. If you want a game that is 100% instant satisfaction all the time and no mishaps ever, and it never requires you to actually do anything for yourself, then play WoW or one of the other million dumb fuck games for dumb fucking whiny bitch children like you who live life thinking the world owes them something.

You're immediate assumption, over and over again, is that it's the players fault they're not enjoying the game.
I made that claim once, and it's true. It's analogous to me buying myself and expensive wrist watch to cheer myself up, then shoving it deep up my ass and complaining when I am unable to tell the time.

Who are these games being made for again? Oh yeah, players.
Yes players, ie, people who actually play. Not log in with tears in your eyes and sand in your pussy, just looking for an excuse to give up.

If the devs can't manage to involve players in their game within a reasonable period of time (I suppose it differs with every game/situation), then that's their fault and their game will die.
Go and play connect 4 you simple minded cunt.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
the first tip i will give you is ignore qwerty. as far as grouping yes you can get group pretty easy for kedgors end at mid late teens. vol tuniel early 30s, some thelaseen late 30s and tricksters in early 40s. also alot of graystone in late 30s early 40s. you level pretty fast so you wont really do alot of samey level dungeons

How do I dumb down the discussion? Read the previous page. It only went bad when you showed up. Again, read the words on the page, stop living in denial. And grumbledumb, please do ignore me. I know more about this game than anyone on this forum and I would hate to think a stupid little dumb bitch like you who can barely even type, would get any benefit from what I have to say.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
VG now 100% FTP New Producers Letter.

http://www.vanguardthegame.com/news/...012013&id=1532

Producer Letter - Changes to Free to Play and Membership Benefits!

Posted On 01/17/2013

Greetings all!

I thought it was about time to update everyone on what's been happening on the development side of Vanguard?. As the team returned from the holidays, we started working on fixing more of the low hanging fruit. The fruit I refer to are the bug fixes that players have asked about that we can get out quickly as we work on larger tasks in the background. Some of these things include fixes for quests, spells and abilities, and epic weapons, as well as making it take less time to earn rewards from some of the major factions in the game. There has also been some work done on crafting and diplomacy that we aren't ready to release details on yet, but we will be telling you about them in the near future.

Speaking of larger tasks in the background, we have been working on something that has come up multiple times in threads on the forums. That is, how do we make it even easier for people to come back to Vanguard to see all the changes that we've been making? Well, after a lot of discussion and debate, we've decided to do something pretty awesome. We have decided to expand and improve on the free- to-play offering for Vanguard. That means everyone can play any race, any class, to any level for free. You can also own a house, create guilds, and do a bunch of other things. Why did we decide to do this? Because we all believe that once you start playing the game without restrictions, you'll want to keep playing and will find our Membership option to be an even greater value!

Why?

Because of the perks we are adding for your membership! Membership should be something you get on top of the game you are playing, not something you have to do to have fun. With that said, there will be increased XP and faction gains, discounts on broker fees, the ability to purchase additional housing plots, and other exciting benefits. You can see all the membership benefits here.

Talk to you all again soon and see you in-game!

Harvey "Rahtiz" Burgess
Producer

Patch Notes.

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/in...y-17-2013.911/

Game Update Summary - Thursday, January 17, 2013

Here are the improvements that were released with today's update:

Free to Play

?We're pleased to offer substantial improvements to Vanguard for both free players and gold members! Our goal is to open up the game to free players while increasing the value of memberships.

?Free Players
oAll races and classes available at character create without needing to unlock them

oCan create guilds as well as join them

o2 plat coin limit has been removed

oQuest limit has been raised to 50

oAll bag slots are now unlocked

oCan now join Caravans and Brotherhoods

oBroker and mail fee penalties have been removed, reducing costs to previous subscriber levels

oCan purchase a housing plot.

?Gold Members:

o50% XP boost

oGain faction at double the normal rate

o20% discount on broker fees, mail fees, riftway fees, item repair, and housing upkeep

oCan purchase 2 housing plots

oIn progress: Improved odds at receiving rare loot drops. (Coming in next week's update)

oYour previous member benefits remain: more character slots, more bank slots, no item restrictions, 10% Marketplace discount, and 500 Station Cash per month.

?For more information about the Membership benefits, view the Membership feature matrix and read the FAQ.

Veteran Rewards

?Previously existing veteran rewards are once again available. If your account has rewards available, you will see a message when you log in telling you that there are items waiting to be claimed.

?To receive rewards, open the Marketplace and click the Claim button near the bottom of the window.

?Note: This update only affects previously available rewards. New veteran rewards will be implemented in a future update.

Marketplace

?Check out these new items:

oGround mount: Malson's Turtle Dragon - Ride in style on his sturdy shell

oVisage of the Mummy - Just the thing to startle your group mates

oVanity Pet: Rock Troll - He may not say much, but he's ever at your side

oPetamorph: Statue Cat - A fresh, if somewhat stony, look for your class pet

?Potion of Quickened Steps can now be consumed instantly

?Consumable items have been moved into the Services category

?Appearance slot armor and clothing have been combined into the Outfits category

?Mounts and Pets have been split into their own categories

?All marketplace boats are on sale. There's never been a better time to sail Telon's high seas!

Items

?The Bloodmage epic should now operate according to its description. Pellets now work at 25 meters instead of 5. We advise you to use those gold pellets carefully!

?Azebaj Staff and Templar Staff of Delight now have appearances

?Time-Imbued Crystal and Fake Crystal are now marked as quest items

?Ripped Scale Gloves no longer have doubled stats

?The health regeneration effect of Magi Hold Spellwand will now persist for the entire 10 minutes of the ability

?Princess Freestone's Tiara now has Primal, Etherence, Infuse, and Rune enhancement slots

?Avarem's Messenger Bag now gives a 10% runspeed bonus that stacks with other effects

?The overall quality of Tharridon's loot has been improved. In addition, there have been some additional changes to specific pieces:

oAncient Breastplate now has Etherence, Primal, and Rune enhancement slots

oTharridon's Ring now has Etherence, Primal, and Rune enhancement slots

oTharridon's Mighty Maul now has a proc, and its damage has been corrected

Abilities

?Druid - Switching to Hierophant's Blessing stance no longer triggers an auto-attack animation

?Bard and Light Fighter trainers will now offer the song component Mellarien's Chorus of Arms

?Shadow Vein should now open up chains on critical strikes

UI Files Updated

?VgrdParts06.tga

?RiftMaps.xml

?VGUICharacterCreationWnd.xml

?VGUIMainBar.xml

Zatozia, Today at 7:19 AM

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
good changes and seems to reflect the planetside 2 approach. Just in time cause im burned out on planetside!

Heheh. Well the class thing is a really great thing. So many brilliant classes were not playable unless you pay. And a lot of people just sample games like this and refuse to pay until they get really hooked. And yet... there's smaller chance of them getting really hooked if the class they might most like to play is locked to them. The whole thing was just silly. So were race restrictions. I think it's pretty damn generous now, and it's how it should be for Vanguard. The population is so low, even a bunch of freeloaders playing 1-50 without spending a dime is worthwhile :p

But I am sure that once most people get in the 40's, they will start spending to wear yellow gear and whatnot. I did.

Off the Left_sl

shitlord
Can't believe this game is still around. I played at release for a couple of months. Diplo was pretty awesome. Wish it was it's own stand alone game.