Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

Martyr_sl

shitlord
Bleh I thought leveling was already fast enough. Didn't need any potions at all. I played it "slowly" and really had a blast up to lvl 40.
Now you will outlevel dungeons really fast. For example you start VT Armor questline at 30 and in no time you are ~38 and already too high for DT. You will also loose interest in VT Armor because it gets replaced by 45 swamp.
Stuff like Khelgors will be a joke..
I don't get why people are so horny about 100% xp potions and fast leveling. Maybe they should just sell an instant lvl 55 potion to those people, so they can start raiding or quit, if thats all the purpose of fast leveling.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I don't get that either, especially in a game like Vanguard which caters to a lot of "old-school" mmo players. I never really had problems with leveling, it is actually very easy to skip or outlevel other dungeons once you find a group and crawl through one for some hours.

And the item rarity thing really, really blows. Like Qerero said, things like Hunter's League are what make Vanguard, group-oriented quests, tied to group-dungeons/zones. If you play through the league, later on the CIS etc. and can't ever use any of these items, then there really is no point in f2p.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well its not like they shouldn't introduce experience potions? It is money, after all. If this guy really wants to do something with the leveling experience, he would take some quest hubs and change them up to where they wouldnt be so significant with experience. Instead of taking you from 11 to 24, that same hub would take you to 16 and give you a bread crumb to a quest hub that would take you from 16 to 24. Player sees more of your content and the leveling speed is drastically reduced.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I don't get why people are so horny about 100% xp potions and fast leveling. Maybe they should just sell an instant lvl 55 potion to those people, so they can start raiding or quit, if thats all the purpose of fast leveling.
Well, there's a stigma there. Most games create leveling as an introduction/investment to the world while also serving as a grind to prevent immediate entry to end-game, while the devs get all their ducks in a row. I think there's a happy medium though, where the leveling curve exists, yet doesn't feel like a grind.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
well vanguard most definentely is a enjoy the journey kind of game, the potions are awesome for your 2nd 3rd 4th character. i have a high level necromancer and ranger and just want to get ot higher levels with my bard :p

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
And the item rarity thing really, really blows. Like Qerero said, things like Hunter's League are what make Vanguard, group-oriented quests, tied to group-dungeons/zones. If you play through the league, later on the CIS etc. and can't ever use any of these items, then there really is no point in f2p.
Yeah exactly. If they wanted to open up f2p to make it more accessible and get more people into the game, I don't see why they left the biggest roadblock to doing so in there. As a f2p player I'd much rather choose from a limited selection of races/classes but still get to participate in the best levelling content in the game, which in Vanguard means group dungeon/zone crawling and questing. As it is now with these changes, I can play any class/race but I'm basically limited to soloing with them and soloing in Vanguard blows.

I guess some will say you can still participate in dungeon groups, you just can't take advantage of the rewards. That's true I suppose, but it's a huge kick in the nuts and I thought the whole point of these changes were to let f2p players play the game without the nut-kicking.

buyerat_sl

shitlord
This game had so much potential it seemed, but the launch was probably one of the worst in history. I assume it actually became stable at some point considering it is even around anymore. Does anyone here really actively play? Is it worth getting into at higher levels?

Neno

Lord Nagafen Raider
This game had so much potential it seemed, but the launch was probably one of the worst in history. I assume it actually became stable at some point considering it is even around anymore. Does anyone here really actively play? Is it worth getting into at higher levels?
At the higher end you can either a) pug easier raid targets or b) join one of the few good raiding guilds.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
More powerful PCs can compensate for some of the performance problems but the underlying issues are still there.
In that case, I guess me and my integrated laptop won't check it out. This is why modern developers are retarded. In the most literal sense.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
In that case, I guess me and my integrated laptop won't check it out. This is why modern developers are retarded. In the most literal sense.
Expecting to play any MMO with integrated graphics is expecting a bit much isn't it?

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I've played WoW and Lotro with a laptop just fine.
I'm sure you have. But he said integrated graphics. Even the new ivy bridge chips with hd4000 can barely manage WoW at low settings. Laptops with dedicated graphics cards will fare a whole lot better.

calla_sl

shitlord
Yeah exactly. If they wanted to open up f2p to make it more accessible and get more people into the game, I don't see why they left the biggest roadblock to doing so in there. As a f2p player I'd much rather choose from a limited selection of races/classes but still get to participate in the best levelling content in the game, which in Vanguard means group dungeon/zone crawling and questing. As it is now with these changes, I can play any class/race but I'm basically limited to soloing with them and soloing in Vanguard blows.

I guess some will say you can still participate in dungeon groups, you just can't take advantage of the rewards. That's true I suppose, but it's a huge kick in the nuts and I thought the whole point of these changes were to let f2p players play the game without the nut-kicking.
its 50 cents an item. or you can vendor random trash loot and buy unlockers from the broker. i agree that the f2p metrix in the beginning was pretty restrictive but with the recent change, its a pretty good deal tbh.

the big reason i have such a problem with the exp pots is b/c you can pretty much grind to 50 in less than a month with all the pots available in a game thats about dungeon crawls and exploring the open world. you can easily get at least 255% extra exp from all the shit they put in the game for 8 hrs.