• Valhalla

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • Legion

Votes: 9 9.0%

• Total voters

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
IIRC, Azure Guard merged with Obsidian Overlords to become Obsidian Guard shortly before Kunark. I'm not sure of the exact date, but the guild was definitely OG by the time I joined.

We had some great players: Adex Xeda, Voronwe, Aslanna, and Winnow immediately spring to mind, but Moogy/Elex was possibly the worst guy to lead a guild ever. Every time a solid raiding crew would coalesce, he'd pull some bullshit like insisting one of his toons get the super rare, super powerful drop even though he showed up to maybe 1 raid in 5, the people who'd actually put in the work would get pissed and leave. Aslanna and Winnow ended up in CT, Adex FOH, and even Voronwe finally dipped for COE in Luclin or PoP.

We were also the first guild to get steamrolled on Ragefire, trying to get a guy named Oter his cleric epic. I was there clearing trash outside the spawn room when CT showed up.

Jice Virago checking in....

I remember a lot of this. Winnow was a tool, but knew how to play. Those other three I used to group with all the damn time. Voronwe was arguable one of the most likeable guys on the server, next to maybe Guru and Apostate. That Oter incident basically galvanized the server against CT. Do you remember what guild (tr) Aiminaf was in? That guy was such a fucking loon. Thought he was OG, but maybe not?

So many memories from that era. It was like being a part of the first days of a music genre being invented. You knew it was special and would never be as good again.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When FoH was at it's peak/most active I don't think there was anyone save maybe one or two guilds on other servers even in the same ballpark. I think FoH was probably by a large margin the most accomplished during their time.

Short answer, until drama consumed them and CD sort of passed them, no. Veeshan was uncharacteristically honorable, for the most part though. First in force with one shot was the rule and anyone who did not respect that got shit on. Our forums were ridiculously active and idiots got black listed really fast, too. Having dealt with Furor on more than one occasion, he was completely reasonable if you were straight up with him. Whole server, with some notable exceptions, was really.

But we all knew everyone else so really until PoP forced guilds to mutate into zerg guilds, there was a sense of community that has not existed in an MMO since.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

masteen

N00b
FYI I gave Xerx the haste sword for the mecha cazic incident.
High fucking five.

Trainimaf I want to say KoE, but I'm really not sure. Might've been OoK? The few times I saw him he was living up to his name and dragging like 8 giants of some kind to a zone exit.

Also, I forgot that Ixtlan was founded by Xyun and his brother, who were yet more of the OG's that bounced due to Elex's asshattery. I ended up joining the WoW version when that game went live. Peak moment in vanilla wow was when I got to play with Kyoukan on her hunter Petals.

• 1Solidarity

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Legacy of Steel got a fair ways into Plane of Sky pre Kunark, (the Aviak island if memory serves). I dunno how many other guilds were at that level.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I think all servers had their tiny bits of drama.

I know Solusek Ro had it's share of backstabbing douchebaggery that was going on between VVV, Paradigm, Darkwind and HOSS - and whatever other guilds were on the top of the pyramid at that time.

agree, Rodcet Nife had its fair share but I don't remember much, "Dirts" Rant thread on the IGN boards is one that will always stick out too me, and Dyvims toon de-leveling after Kunark(don't know specifics I just saw the pile corpses, in Innothule swamp)

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Short answer, until drama consumed them and CD sort of passed them, no. Veeshan was uncharacteristically honorable, for the most part though. First in force with one shot was the rule and anyone who did not respect that got shit on. Our forums were ridiculously active and idiots got black listed really fast, too. Having dealt with Furor on more than one occasion, he was completely reasonable if you were straight up with him. Whole server, with some notable exceptions, was really.

But we all knew everyone else so really until PoP forced guilds to mutate into zerg guilds, there was a sense of community that has not existed in an MMO since.

I wouldn't fully agree with this. As far as I know after FoH absorbed 70% of the best CD players, CD just chugged along. It wasn't till Planes of Power and the other shittastic expansion afterwards most of the older FoH players quit/moved on that other guilds were finally coming up. CT was always dog shit. I think the only good part of the rivalry was some bitch necro from FoH (Karea or someshit who quit due to being a giant bleeding pussy) hooked up with the meth junkie who led CT raids, and them always trying to train or fuck with our raids only to fail time and time again. Other than that, CT wasn't even remotely close to challenging anything on the server.

I was pretty good friends with Leyor for a while. I always enjoyed CoE after I moved on from foh. I would rate FoH, CD, and CoE in that order on Veeshan.

Oh yea, Leyor and Leelee. He flew her out after seeing her 15-year-old picture expecting a slim hottie and got an overgrown orc in her place. That shit was great.

• 1Worf

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
signal-2021-06-28-030205.jpg

• 1Like