Venom (2018)

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ill see the next movie in franchise. Really that what matters most in a movie like this. Cant say the same about next antman and deadpool though. Now next avengers is a definite must see. So the movie succeeded in launching a franchise as far as I'm concerned. Now if the follow can sustain that franchise is the question.

darmok-1.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Took my son...He loved it. Then again he has no idea that Venomn/Carnage are vicious as fuck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Ill see the next movie in franchise. Really that what matters most in a movie like this. Cant say the same about next antman and deadpool though. Now next avengers is a definite must see. So the movie succeeded in launching a franchise as far as I'm concerned. Now if the follow can sustain that franchise is the question.

i understood bro. you liked this origin story, so you're gonna watch the sequel. desire to watch a sequel being the testament of a good movie.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Going in with insanely low expectations helped. It wasn't great but it wasn't RT critics score bad either.

There was some really bad acting and lines that's for sure.

Theatre was full tonight

"My legs were broken! Now they are no longer broken!"

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Some one please find me the slow-mo SUPER JUMP PUNCH as a gif. That sums up this movie for me.

That gif plus a venom duo-dialogue text would be the perfect meme.

"He's getting up Eddie, punch him."
"Oh.. okay."
"No wait.... Super punch him."
*BYAAHHH* *THWACK*

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Saw it, wasn't terrible. Had some odd choice of dialogue at times; Venom saying how he was the loser of his species felt stupid. And at the end did he threaten to chop off the gang members arms and legs, so he'll roll down the street like a turd in the wind? What is this, 1995?

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Had one friend tell me he loved it, had another tell me it was one of the worst movies he has ever seen. I don't know what to believe.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Had one friend tell me he loved it, had another tell me it was one of the worst movies he has ever seen. I don't know what to believe.

If you like super hero movies in general, you should like this one. It isn't the best, but it is good, especially if you like Venom at all.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Just saw this with the wife....

I'd give it a 7/10. Better than the trash tier MCU (AoE, Thor2, IM3, etc..) Put it just under Antman in my opinion, but close. The trick is to take it as a stand alone thing, don't think about SpiderMan. This is a Venom on it's own and not bad. I enjoyed most of the "inner dialoge" exchanges. Very two dimensional bad guy(s). But I went to the movie to watch Venom wreak havoc, and got what I went for...

• 1Like

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I liked it. Thought the exchanges between Brock and Venom were pretty funny and I actually thought the CGI (especially the symbiote fight) was pretty good. Then again, I've also had a thing for Michelle Williams since she played that slut in Dawson's Creek.

jen-lindley-24b25f1e-e4d8-4e83-aec9-22715e8fc6b-resize-750.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
The more this movie sits on me, the less I like it. Luckily it's forgettable and not part of a larger universe.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Finally saw this and agree with all the 'it's good but...' comments. Overall a kinda fun movie.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw it, wasn't terrible. Had some odd choice of dialogue at times; Venom saying how he was the loser of his species felt stupid. And at the end did he threaten to chop off the gang members arms and legs, so he'll roll down the street like a turd in the wind? What is this, 1995?

I saw that in the trailer and did some serious eye rolling but in the actual movie it almost works. Venom has access to english via eddy but clearly has not mastered it given a lot of how he talks. So its almost like one of those random AI things where its trying to put together a scary threat from pieces of eddys memory and it comes out odd.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Separate it from anything that you would expect out of it, and its enjoyable. G/f had no idea who Venom was and thought it was a good movie.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This movie was very lackluster with the characters. I should have cared about the main character but did not. The dynamic between him and his symbiote felt forced. The story also felt a little out of order with sequences. I expected the last scene to have been just after he understood what was in him. The other part I did not understand fully was the food requirement. Other bodies died with no explanation but it seemed the explanation was a combination of the symbiote needing heads and a particular body type to keep going. Movie did a poor job of explaining that. The biting off of heads also begged for this movie to be rated R as the way it was handled was very mehh.

I sometimes get a good chuckle at Hollywood. Hollywood always likes to release similiar story arcs around the same time. So with that in mind, if you want a better version of Venom, go watch Upgrade on Netflix. That story was much better and had some awesome fight sequences that puts Venom to shame.

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Terrible dialogue, casting and acting ruin the somewhat good parts.

It's not even good in a bad way. It's mediocre bad.

Also, the 90's called and they want their movie back.

The Into the Spiderverse teaser in the credits was better than the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users