Verizon Wireless Customers (possible free data increase)

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Recently verizon increased the amount of data on some of their plans to compete with other companies larger data plans they are rolling out. At first it was only for their 16gb or larger packages, but now they have increased data on plans as low as 6gb of data. It isn't done automatically, but you can do it online. It nearly doubled our data from 6gb to 10gb!

Inque

FunEmployed
10GB is $80, 15GB is $100, 30GB is $130 and 40GB is $150 -- beyond that it's like a $75 increase to 60GB all the way up to 100GB. The other double data offers are a loyalty they send out to particular customers, not everyone, at 8GB or lower because of the reduced price of 10GB.

The Master

Bronze Squire
The grandfathered unlimited plans go for $300-400 on eBay, if you really need a ton of data per month. You can never upgrade though.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks for the heads up! I had a 10gb plan, and online I was able to select the same plan for $20 less.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Mine is the same cost (4GB). I was paying $96, but with the added taxes, it still comes up close to $110. That's with a 20% discount from work, haha.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The grandfathered unlimited plans go for $300-400 on eBay, if you really need a ton of data per month. You can never upgrade though.
You can upgrade, just not for marked down prices. I just purchased a Galaxy Note 4 for full retail ($749 after tax), and still have my unlimited data as a result.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
We just got the 30gb plan, because we use a hotspot at home for internet. I was very pleased.

The Master

Bronze Squire
I meant a standard upgrade. Paying full price isn't quite what most people mean. Also not talking about the line swapping trick, which involves a plan with multiple lines that have unlimited data. Won't work with just one.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
People are still using upgrades on best buy online and swapping sim cards in the new device without losing unlimited data.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure what you mean by this. Can you explain?
Upgrade and keep your Unlimited Data with Verizon 05-29-2014 - Slickdeals.net

1. Purchase a new phone through BestBuy.com
2. During the process, Best Buy may notify you that your unlimited data plan is no longer available, but you should still see an option to keep your existing data plan. Be sure to choose this option.
3. Ship the phone to your house ? do not choose to ship to a store or buy a phone in a store. This is important because of the activation process.
4. When your phone arrives, DO NOT TURN IT ON.
5. Before ever turning your new phone on, pull out the SIM card that is pre-installed.
6. When you are ready to fire it up for the first time, insert your old SIM from your old phone.
7. Turn the phone on, enjoy your new phone with your unlimited data.

I have not personally done it but a friend of mine did a couple months ago.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Verizon is suppose be shutting that down or trying to have best buy shut it down. I have the unlimited plan so I am thinking of doing that for the nexus 6