Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Veronica Mars

Genre: Mystery, Drama, Comedy

First aired: 2004-09-22

Creator: Rob Thomas

Cast: Percy Daggs III, Francis Capra, Kristen Bell, Enrico Colantoni

Overview: In the fictional town of Neptune, California, student Veronica Mars progresses from high school to college while moonlighting as a private investigator under the tutelage of her detective father. In each episode Veronica solves a different stand-alone case while working to solve a more complex mystery.

The last Kristen Bell/Dax Shepard movie (Hit and Run) was produced on a $2 million budget, so I expect something along those lines in terms of quality.

Radge_sl

shitlord
Well considering it'd only been up for a few hours and has already raised a million bucks, I'd say it has a pretty good chance of seeing reality. It's an interesting way of making a movie, thats for sure.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, I don't think this will have any trouble meeting and exceeding their goal. What should be interesting is to see byhow muchit exceeds the goal and whether or not this will have the same impact on movie making as it has on game development. Though, I can't really think of many movies that have been talked about for nearly a decade that'd have the same pull. Perhaps this paves the way to guarantee an Arrested Development movie if the Netflix season doesn't generate enough interest for studios? (I'd say Serenity II, but I doubt that movie could film on as small of a budget. Veronica Mars and Arrested Development both have the advantage of being able to shoot on location rather than building sets.)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Broke a million in barely over 4 hours (Kickstarter record) and will likely meet the full goal in less than 24 hours. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with $10M by the time the 30 days is up.

Pretty impressive, regardless of what you might think of the show. Personally I thought the first two seasons were quite enjoyable for what the show was. Season 3 blew though, and their plans for season 4 were stupid to the point where I was glad it got cancelled when it did. Doesn't sound like the movie will follow those plans though, thankfully.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit, I don't even need to read it, I'll support it sight unseen. I love Kristen Bell and Enrico Colantoni and enjoyed the show quite a bit when it wasn't too wrapped up in stupid romance shit. When she was punking motherfuckers for messing with her, that's what I really enjoyed.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
The last Kristen Bell/Dax Shepard movie (Hit and Run) was produced on a $2 million budget, so I expect something along those lines in terms of quality.
With you mentioning quality there, i turned it off after 30 minutes or so, it was fucking terrible at that point. Did it get better? Still, I'd never have guessed that was only made for $2m. All the onscreen talent must have taken minimum union wage for it.

As for Veronica Mars, Vorph said pretty much what I thought. Season 3 was an attempt to make smaller stories so they can do multiple arcs over the season but whether it was that fucked the formula up or just a plain bad season from all involved it was hard going and didn't surprise me to find it was canned afterwards. The on and off again romance bullshit really didn't help as well, it was gruelling by the end.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I would not compare it to Hit and Run in terms of quality as Dax was writer/director of that movie. I suspect it will be way better.

ATM they are only 100 K from reaching 2 mil.

Vorph

And funded.

It's going to be interesting to see just how much it ends up pulling in, if the huge support it's gotten will cause WB to re-evaluate giving the movie a wide theatrical release (stretch goal?), etc.

Cybsled

Speaking of other WB properties, they need to make a Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles kickstarter ;P

faille

Molten Core Raider
New season dropped a week early
Doesn't quite have the same magic but I'm enjoying it

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
11170-vOdJETEueGgUqJR4UvwTdUoJhvO.jpg

Title: Veronica Mars

Genre: Mystery, Drama, Comedy

Creator: Rob Thomas

Cast: Percy Daggs III, Francis Capra, Kristen Bell, Enrico Colantoni

First aired: 2004-09-22

Overview: In the fictional town of Neptune, California, student Veronica Mars progresses from high school to college while moonlighting as a private investigator under the tutelage of her detective father. In each episode Veronica solves a different stand-alone case while working to solve a more complex mystery.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed it, but it felt off.

Fuck that fucking ending.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

First 5 eps or so were great, easily as good or better than the rest of the series. From there it just fell apart, and
Fuck that fucking ending. That was like some Whedon-tier faggotry right there.

Also, wtf at hillbilly dude getting shot 'execution style' out in the desert, surviving until the next day, riding in a buggy to get another ride in a truck back to town (at least 18 hours at this point since it's dark again), gets his gun, waits ANOTHER night and then shows up to shoot the congressman.... I know it's a TV show where there's ridiculous shootouts in which not one bullet hits anyone, but that went a couple miles past suspension of disbelief.

• 1Solidarity

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck that fucking ending. That was like some Whedon-tier faggotry right there.

Also, wtf at hillbilly dude getting shot 'execution style' out in the desert, surviving until the next day, riding in a buggy to get another ride in a truck back to town (at least 18 hours at this point since it's dark again), gets his gun, waits ANOTHER night and then shows up to shoot the congressman.... I know it's a TV show where there's ridiculous shootouts in which not one bullet hits anyone, but that went a couple miles past suspension of disbelief.
That dude clearly took bullets to the lung and liver, and as stupid as that was, it didn't even matter in the end. I was pretty drunk and might have just blacked out until the last ten minutes, but the end was seriously fucking stupid. So fucking mad.

• 1Salty
TV show information provided by The Movie Database