Victor Vran (PC- arpg)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
New (been in Early access for a while) ARPG released a few days ago.

Bought it on a whim now (currently 10% off on steam), and it is actually quite enjoyable. I bought it because it was an ARPG with controller support, and it works flawlessly. Unlike other ARPGs, it is not a click and move type thing, but rather constant control. Jump, double jump, wall jumps, dodge, etc. Every weapon have individual skillsets. I think there are 3 classes (get to choose between them a few minutes into the game). Not sure how different they are. Seemed to be tied to how to charge and how often you can use the overcharge bar (cast a spell). Don't see any restrictions tied to the types of weapons you can use, only "stat" I have seen is the level of the character.

Downside to it (other than being fairly bare bones in terms of depth and mechanics) is that from what I read on the discussion forums on steams, it is quite short. 5-7 hours for main story with some additional content in the form of challenges (IE: clear x amount of y with Z weapon, do X kills without taking damage, kill X mob) and so on. Most maps have various challenges tied to them.

You will undoubtedly get more bang from the buck in terms of hours of content from a game like Grim Dawn (currently 3 of 4 acts released in early access), but played it for roughly an hour, and while it appears kind of shallow, it is enjoyable and fun. Fairly sure the voice actor for Victor is Solid Snake.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Yes, I noticed that a few minutes after I wrote it
smile.png
Knew it was familiar, but yeah.... my mistake.

As to the game though, unless it concludes real fast, I think the main story is longer than 5-7 hours.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Looks a lot like Van Helsing, which is an awesome budget ARPG trilogy. Like close enough to look like a direct rip off.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
What does armor pen even do stat wise?

And the game gets so much easier with 3-4 players that turning on 3-4 hexes is barely noticeable.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I would say it is better than Van Helsing, but not as good as Diablo/Titan Quest.
Yeah, it is not Titan Quest. Grim Dawn is shaping up to be the next Titan Quest.

TB made a video on this game now. Same conclusion I had. Some of the more regular ARPG features have been stripped away, but it is quite enjoyable.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Been playing this on and off this week. It's pretty fun. I like the movement with keyboard instead clicking. If MOBAS did this I would play them more.

The hex system is pretty cool. You get 10% exp for buffing the monsters or taking damage over time, etc. Seems pretty good.

The challenges on each level and secrets are really cool. It makes the game a lot more fun the just grinding mobs.

I am like 5 hours in and this game is totally worth my 18 bucks.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game's pretty sweet. The keyboard movement and active dodge system is a nice change of pace.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I also like the game. Only played for a few hours but I like the weapon switching mechanic and the challenges. It isn't mind-blowing but it is definitely worth $20 bucks if you like ARPGs. A solid, fun, unoffensive little title to keep you going through the drought of summer. Better than Van Helsing for me so far.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I also like the game. Only played for a few hours but I like the weapon switching mechanic and the challenges.
The instant weapon switching is great. Really like that the cooldowns on the weapons are all separate. Switching back and forth between weapons and you can close to chain use abilities rather than standard attack. Especially if you have weapon passives that reduce cooldowns.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Super old but finally got around to playing this, damn good and the guy that voiced the Witcher is Victor and does the exact same voice so it is weird to hear but in a good way.