Video Game Music (vgm) Thread

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Probably my favorite music from a fanmade Mod for my favorite game ever Freespace 2. First link really kicks around 2 mins in. Imagine dogfighting spaceships to this:

Regular FS2 music:

Last edited:

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Remix of Ninja Gaiden 4-2. Try driving to work listening to this, it's great:

My favorite music from the game gear when I was a kid. I would pause it on a loop and just listen for hours sometimes at night:

Classic, boss battle theme:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Wild Arm games in general have some great music...all the intros are great

remake:

I forgot the intro changed in 3 - here is the 1st ver with no vocals as not to give away the plots!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Plane of earth. Still love this, can listen to it on repeat. Of course we all did at one point

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
A very unknown but great song for the time (late 80s/early 90s sierra game tune on an MT-32)

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Brad2770

Plane of earth. Still love this, can listen to it on repeat. Of course we all did at one point

One thing I liked about Everquest was all the work that went into areas of the game that only a fraction of people got to see.

I turned the music off in game pretty early, so I don’t remember a lot of it. I do remember spending a lot of time in Kelethin searching vendors for things people would sell to vendors that sold for quite a bit more in the Bazaar (I started right as Luclin released). So I think I know this music the most.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Sometimes I regret the fact that I always had the EQ music off. But at least I was listening to good music at the time. Opeth and Tool were my EQ sound track.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
A very unknown but great song for the time (late 80s/early 90s sierra game tune on an MT-32)

Man, I was just thinking about EcoQuest the other day and how pissed I still am that I never beat the damn thing. I'd gotten stuck on some part for a while that should have been obvious and had to mail in a request for a hint. After that, I got through the rest okay up until the stingray and then the game would just shit itself with some kind of memory error. Never did see the ending to that stupid thing.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
One thing I liked about Everquest was all the work that went into areas of the game that only a fraction of people got to see.

I turned the music off in game pretty early, so I don’t remember a lot of it. I do remember spending a lot of time in Kelethin searching vendors for things people would sell to vendors that sold for quite a bit more in the Bazaar (I started right as Luclin released). So I think I know this music the most.

The music in EQ was mostly pretty drab. PoP had the best, generally.

The only two that unmistakably elicits memories from me of everquest are these two:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Some of the best FM music composition on 30+ year old hardware I've ever heard. I knew the X68000 could make some amazing tunes, but this is pretty nice for something thats 30+ years old HW.

Last edited:

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
An obscure but classic:
(I hear this in my head when I read some of the posts around here :emoji_notes:)

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Bumping this because I just found this dude who does some really high-quality orchestral remixes of video game tracks. Peaceful Days from Chrono Trigger is my absolute favorite video game track and this guy knocks it out of the park.

• 1Like