Video Game Music (vgm) Thread

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
No clue, it was in the back of my mind but never followed it closely so your guess is as good as mine

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
One of the best title themes out there

Another great soundtrack, Konami had some great composers

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Music from the new game Ori and the Will of the Wisps by Gareth Coker is fucking outstanding and gorgeous. Some of my favorites here, but goddamn the whole thing is a wonderful listen.

(Playlist starts here)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure if already posted in here, but the Half-Life soundtrack was pretty amazing

• 2Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Phantasy Star Online 2 has some really, really, really, really good boss music themes.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Always thought this was great....so kickass

Playing this level hundreds of times, got it memorized.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
In my opinion, the best "Stage 1" music ever;

I like this idea, a lot. Stage 1 music is usually very good with a lot of games.

A few from my childhood that I really really liked:

I had a Roland MT-32 when I was a kid which I loved so much that I bought from delivering news papers. It came with Silpheed, which had a great Stage 1 music (Timestamped), especially for 1988.

And Cho Ren Sha 68k had a great stage 1 as well (and most of the other music in that game was marginal)

And lastly, Burning Heat from Gradius II played on a X68000 AND MT-32 at the same time is probably the best version. Many games on the X68k allowed music played by its internal synth and the MT-32 at the same time and many games supported that. The sound was sublime, but the x68k was japan only at the time so I never got to hear it in person.

• 2Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
In the process of replaying the Neir remake and I have to say it had the best soundtrack of any game ever....

... but no one can hold a candle to the body of work of Uematsu. Every fucking anime fan boy knows the One Winged Angel by heart and any old school nintendo junkie still recalls Red Wings Theme and the Golbez fight music. And that fucker started on the NES.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Brad2770

In the process of replaying the Neir remake and I have to say it had the best soundtrack of any game ever....

... but no one can hold a candle to the body of work of Uematsu. Every fucking anime fan boy knows the One Winged Angel by heart and any old school nintendo junkie still recalls Red Wings Theme and the Golbez fight music. And that fucker started on the NES.

I got this game on my 17th birthday. I’m 43 now. I still listen to this periodically. Great memories.