Vindictus

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I searched, and found references to, but not a specific thread for this game. It's also now a quasi mmo as there are some fights now with up to 24 people and there are persistent city - hub areas.

Anyways, I thought some people may be interested, it's a good time to try/come back to this game- in preparation for the upcoming season 3 (in NA) ,they are providing huge gear/xp boosts for newcomers and a permanent endgame weapon when you hit level cap (which takes a long time by today's standards ), which should get you ready for season 3. (Previously, trying to come back to the game was an insurmountable task with how much money / time required to get the highest level weapons).

Road to 85 Event - Vindictus

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
This MMO is like 5 years old and I have legitimately never heard of it. The screenshots and stuff look cool. What makes this game worth playing?

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
It was fun when it launched, and it actually got pretty damn hard. What drove me away from it was that I felt I was playing at a severe handicap by trying to solo, but their net code didn't really seem that great for grouping -- and grouping with random retards was ALSO frustrating.

I'm sure the game is totally different now.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't know what the state of the game is like now but I've played it. The game has action RPG combat with adventure zones for solo, small groups(4ish?), and mid sized groups(8ish?). Most of the good gear was crafted through a crafting system that would eat your mats if it fail, so you had to choose between lots of grinding for mats or buying failure reduction reagents on the cash shop to save time. Also it uses P2P hosting so connection quality can vary wildly if you're grouping with randoms.

The thing that kept me from investing a good amount of time into the game was Nexon support. It's awful and the forums were littered with people waiting up to a year for replies from CS. The Korean version of the game seems to be much less buggy and better supported from what I gather, but I have no first had experience with that. I've kinda avoided Nexon games because of their horrific CS reputation. If this has changed I wouldn't mind trying their games again.

The short of it is it's a fun game and worth a try if you think you'd like an MMO action rpg with fun dungeons and classes. But be wary that if something goes wrong with your account you may not get very good support.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I enjoyed the game but the latency/spikes when grouping were what turned me off.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
It's a Nexon game so like all Nexon games you basically run the same 5 missions over and over again. If you've never played a Nexon game before it's worth it for a few hours of fun but the shallowness of the game becomes pretty obvious pretty quick.

Also yeah, the lag is horrendous in groups to the point of why even bother.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I've never played a Nexon game before. I'll probably give it a shot just to check it out. Thanks for the replies
smile.png

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
The lag is better than it used to be but still bad at times - right now they have a some kind of latency issue every 60 mins which I hope gets fixed soon. Connecting to randoms is only laggy like ~20% of the time. I remember when I first played this game 5ish years back, the grouping was way worse lagwise. Not sure if it was something they did with netcode or if more people have good connections now.
The missions are stil repetitive however they've added a lot of content so there are enough raid targets now for a good amount of variety - definitely worth checking out if the last time you played was 100% lag and farming the same two raid targets ad nauseum (my experience from years back)

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Played a few years back for quite a while and loved the combat mechanics / engine. It's pretty heavily pay2win at the high end but there's still a lot of hours of fun to be had.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
It's alot of fun at the lower levels, some really fun boss fights with a friend or 2. It gets to be shit at anything over level 50 - 60 though.

I still remember that polar bear fight, loads of fun with a friend.

Parallel45

Silver Knight of the Realm
This MMO is like 5 years old and I have legitimately never heard of it. The screenshots and stuff look cool. What makes this game worth playing?
I played this for a few months a while back and I'd have to say the combat is what makes it worth playing. The combat system is very in-depth and places a heavy emphasis on learning encounters. It reminds me a bit of dark souls where you must learn all the boss moves and animations and properly time your i-frames to survive. Leveling up is hella fun, and so are a lot of the raids. Each of the character classes are great and have their own unique play styles.

That said, the post level 70 grind is pretty terrible, and the RNG enchantment system is garbage.

I quit the game a while back, but they are supposedly going to be raising the level cap to 90 and adding season 3 at some point (it just happened in korea version so probably be 6 months down the road). I'll probably check it out again when that is released.

Also, if you like playing virtual dress-up you will like his game.
synXhap.jpg