Virtual Reality

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I love my PSVR. It is way more cool than I ever thought it could be. Everything is fluid, life like, and completely transformative.
Agree. Don't regret the purchase at all and everyone that's come over to try it has been impressed. I've got RIGS and Thumper, both games are fun. I just wish RIGS had skippable cutscenes because that shit takes 5 minutes to get into a match sometimes.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I am having a couple buddies over Friday night for a virtual reality party. I am so fired up to see their reaction. Especially when they play Kitchen and Until Dawn :) My Step Son's girlfriend tried it for the first time Saturday. We put in Until Dawn and she didn't even make it past the opening credit roll before she said "Uh no way..." and so I ended up putting Batman VR in instead and she loved that. Completely hooked. If you like RTS games, tetthered puts a new spin on it. I have been impressed by that one. Really looking forward to Robinson and the Eagle flight.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I had a Vive party once, everyone who arrived late got to play right away...

Echuta

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sad DQuest is gone (or going to be gone) and not just totally redone with new tech.

That sucks. We were premium pass holders and DQ was included. It was the perfect place to take my 5 year old in the summer while all the tourists withered in the summer heat.

Seems stupid that they're putting an NBa experience in its place. They had NBA City restaurant at Universal studios and I never saw it busy there.

Siliconemelons

DQ was awesome, especially when it was new and had a full complement of "attractions" - last I was there almost an entire floor devoid of games, although it was the "prize game" floor and was mostly filler anywho - but the food places where all replaced with generic quick service food- while before they where all cheesecake factory- and the brick fire oven pizza etc. There were some professional grill grates (i.e. like "mangrates") just sitting there begging to go home with me and be used on my grill- sad thing is they most likely just tossed them.

Anywho - DQ was regulated sadly to unattended baby sitting for tween-teen age ethnic children - that with it being very understaffed lead to not so fun experiences the last few times - I still think it is a viable attraction - especially now with all their price hikes, this offered a place to get Disney entertainment + "the feel" - this even more so now that they have totally revamped downtown Disney - they should have expanded another floor- or few floors adjacent, rebuilt with new tech the same rides + new ones- they all where fun, the only one that kinda sucked they got rid of and made their most popular with the pirates ride.

Change the rollercoaster to "make your own space flight" and StarWars - update the graphics and use 3d glasses to make it even better.
General Graphic update to Pirates
Bring back the driving little cars in the actual maze that was in the floor
General updates and graphics etc. to the dino raft ride
General updates and graphics etc. to the alien rescue + shooter game
I don't know what could replace into the comics and magic carpet ride in terms of changing the theme or anything- just update it.
Obviously refresh all the arcade games - have constant line management at the big ol Daytona USA - make it more of an attraction.
Bring back cheesecake factory food, and increase food vendors - lines for food were always an issue.
Refresh all the create area stuff and increase smaller children attractions / games

Disney is really, really bad at not keeping up their main stages - if its not a park its built nicely and left to expire at its own rate of decay - Blizzard Beach looked awesome when it first opened, the snow looked like snow etc. now its overgrown and all snow looks like old dirty cement...because that's what it is... I would have hoped DQ got rebuilt with the rebranding and overhaul of Downtown but I guess not :-(

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
just got an email from unity newsletter.

they are partnering with vuforia, that sdk i was jizzing over a few pages back.

they better buy them asap

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Magic Leap is in the old building I used to work at when I was with Motorola. Motorola sold or is leasing it to them. They are 10 minutes from my house.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
so I ended up putting Batman VR in instead and she loved that.
Just got Batman VR and it is awesome. Don't care if it's short, got it with a gift card. It will be the new VR intro that I show anyone, so cool.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
magic leap is stupid unless you have 3 kinect-type cameras tracking your entire arm/hand/finger movements with 100% precision.

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hmm, how is magic leap different from Microsoft's hololens? We had a hololens demo at work - was pretty impressive, but it felt like it was years away from being a game changer.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Wow that would be amazing if it works as advertised. 90 minute battery life less than amazing, would want a second one since the extended won't be out for a bit.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think it is a big stretch, latency inside a n wireless network
if this works this is pretty crazy
HTC Vive Goes Wireless With $220 Add-On You Can Pre-Order Friday

$220 device that basically turns the asstastic wires coming from PC to VR headset into wireless. Not sure I really believe their statement that it has minimal impact on latency though, and thats still a big issue for VR (latency)

If VR has a latency issue, it has nothing to do with wireless tech. I'd say you need a better PC/Ps4.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
If that thing works, I'm 100% buying one. The wires and headset comfort is my main complaint with my Vive. That said, I don't see how it will not have an impact on latency. Any increase in latency is insanely noticeable in VR.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I can deal w/ the wires and have thus far, has never really bothered me, but just adds such an easy of use to the whole unit that I'm almost certainly in for one once it's reviewed and stuff.

Only hesitation is I'd prefer it works on future headsets too somehow.

spronk

FPS noob
I don't think it is a big stretch, latency inside a n wireless network. If VR has a latency issue, it has nothing to do with wireless tech. I'd say you need a better PC/Ps4.

No my point is that latency increases are visibly noticable when dealing with VR, much more so than TV input lag or the like. Its really hard to believe transmitting the amount of data VR needs to send to the headset wouldn't suddenly introduce motion sickness when switching from wired to wireless, but i guess it really will depend on how much bandwidth their short area wireless solution has and if its doing any processing tricks to reduce data bandwidth.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
N wireless can easily achieve 37MB/s. If VR is that unstable to make a notice between stutters and smooth it is not the the bottleneck. Adding wireless was a cost decision not performance.