Virtualization for mobile on PC

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I recently downloaded and started using BlueStacks for playing mobile games on my PC. I had to turn on virtualization, because the program runs like total dogshit without it on. The issue is that it has been destroying my CPU temp/performance (using an old ass i5-3570k)and turning it on/off between play sessions is a PITA. Does anyone know of an alternative where I could possibly cast from my actual mobile device and play on PC? Obviously there is casting technology, but I'm under the impression that's simply to mirror what is occurring on your phone and you can't interact with it on your PC?

I'm pretty ignorant on this so I'd appreciate anyone weighing in who has insight into this type of tech.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My main question here is why you would play mobile trash when you could play real PC games, since you're on a PC? What games are worth this kind of trouble, every time I try to find a good mobile game I just end up angry.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I recently downloaded and started using BlueStacks for playing mobile games on my PC. I had to turn on virtualization, because the program runs like total dogshit without it on. The issue is that it has been destroying my CPU temp/performance (using an old ass i5-3570k)and turning it on/off between play sessions is a PITA. Does anyone know of an alternative where I could possibly cast from my actual mobile device and play on PC? Obviously there is casting technology, but I'm under the impression that's simply to mirror what is occurring on your phone and you can't interact with it on your PC?

I'm pretty ignorant on this so I'd appreciate anyone weighing in who has insight into this type of tech.
Samsung had a pretty easy solution, but only worked on Samsung phones. That was a while ago though.

Also, have you tried Nox? I've heard nothing but bad things about bluestacks.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I had better luck with Memu or Nox when I used to play ff:be. Nox works pretty well but be prepared to turn off all the spyware in it. Here is a guide I used.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Nox is much better than BlueStacks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I had better luck with Memu or Nox when I used to play ff:be. Nox works pretty well but be prepared to turn off all the spyware in it. Here is a guide I used.

Thank you for this! This is awesome and I'm glad to be rid of bluestacks. My only issue is that I can't find these values in my conf.ini file..

service_qq=0
service_qq_link=<a target=\"_blank\" href=\"#\" style=\"display: none;\"></a>