Visions of Grandeur (making dad-servers great again!)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Wraige

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Looking to get started on this when I get back stateside in a couple weeks - also interested in MazeEq's new server.

What time do most people play? I'll be on PST, probably two or three-box if anyone is up for grouping/raiding.

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't actually opened it to the public, or even brought it up on the login server.

I've done about 20+ hours so far of fixing stupid little things that I dug up from old forum archives.

It will probably be ready around June tbh. I'm not rushing anything this time, I want minimum bugs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I haven't actually opened it to the public, or even brought it up on the login server.

I've done about 20+ hours so far of fixing stupid little things that I dug up from old forum archives.

It will probably be ready around June tbh. I'm not rushing anything this time, I want minimum bugs.

bPryAE4.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's another Emu server called Addicted Dads (2 box only) that I have been playing the last few weeks. It is far closer to Maze's NL tuning, which is critical. I tried playing on Control's server but the tuning doesn't have the same polish as NL, so the difficulty is higher which simply means you need more assistance to get through content, despite it being 3 box also.

Something to consider playing while we wait for Maze's new creation.

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's another Emu server called Addicted Dads (2 box only) that I have been playing the last few weeks. It is far closer to Maze's NL tuning, which is critical. I tried playing on Control's server but the tuning doesn't have the same polish as NL, so the difficulty is higher which simply means you need more assistance to get through content, despite it being 3 box also.

Addicted Dad's is awesome, and the owner is a helluva good designer.

• 1Like

Wraige

Bronze Knight of the Realm

Thanks - will check it out when I get back stateside. What are you running for a 2-box?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks - will check it out when I get back stateside. What are you running for a 2-box?

Necro / Shm

Pets can tank fairly well here, but have their limitations. He wasn't able to tank AoW / KT here. Haven't tackled NToV yet either. Charm is very powerful here as well. Any Tank / Shm or Enc / Cler combo would dominate most content so far. I think VT in Luclin and EP / Time in PoP is when most will start really needing assistance. Our guild clears Time with two 2 boxers. Group builds obviously make the difference.

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly, I believe Addicted Dad's is levels beyond what I can actively bring to the table.

I'll talk to the owner and see if he needs any assistance, and I'll merge over to there :)

• 1Like

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Their website indicates that raids are tuned for full groups - which is the same as VOG. I was hoping this server would allow me to solo progress until at least PoP, similar to NL.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
For Addicted Dads are some of the zones not working or are my files just fucked up? I downloaded all the files listed on their page which included the spells txt, RoF2 client and missing zones file.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is a direct download for a working directory from their forums. Also has the custom spell file separately, etc. I think there's 3 downloads total. (Main folder, spells_us.txt , and some missing files zip). I can't browse the website from work. I can try and post links when I get home. I used those and haven't had any issues.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'll probably give it a go too. These dad servers usually can suck me in for a while. If the tuning is closer to NL/KP, I'll probably dig it.

Edit: I guess I should ask: how broken is the normal stuff here: E.g., charm pets, lifetaps, weapon procs, etc.

Last edited:

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Again, I am talking about "Addicted Dads" server (maybe start its own thread?):

Increased proc-rates, charm is fixed duration. These are all intentional. No perma-Evasive discipline like NL though, which kind of steered tuning there. Pets (Nec / Mag) are fairly strong. The only pet tanking difficulty I have run into is KT and AoW which are not slowable. Everything else, my Nec / Shm has been able to duo including Vulak and the rest of NToV. Just starting on Luclin now but I suspect I will need a real tank for Emp / VT.

Home | Addicted Dads EQ

Addicted Dads EQ

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think I'm going to jump on that addicted dads server this weekend and check it out. I'm not into multi-boxing so I'm hoping I can roll with some people.

• 1Like