Vivaldi - new internet browser for power users

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Former CEO of Opera just released this web browser and it's pretty awesome. I've been using it the last few days and it definitely feels smoother than Chrome and has a lot more features. It's still a very early build so there's no plugins yet I don't think.

Vivaldi - A new browser for our friends

vivaldispeeddial-100565087-orig.png

vivaldi-browser-quick-commands.png

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I wont even think about trying it until there is an adblock plugin. The internet is nearly unusable without it

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
New web browser in 2015 and no built-in adblock? Shame.

Every "power user" I know uses one. You'd think they'd understand that.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Won't bother with it until there's some sort of adblock or noscript available for it. Even then, getting me to stop using chrome after the useful stuff Google has built in to it would be pretty difficult.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
checked it out for fun, it's as worthless as opera and ie cuz there's no extensions/plugins like chrome firefox.

Szlia

Just like the Jboots, it feels every time I use Chrome it's a little slower. I guess they add features that I use less and less and it bloats the whole thing.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
You can install AdBlock in vivaldi with the chrome extension.

1) Go to code.getadblock.com/releases/ and get latest adblock version & unzip it
2) vivaldi://chrome/extensions then enable developer mode
3) click Load Unpacked Extensions and find the adblock folder

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
You can install AdBlock in vivaldi with the chrome extension.

1) Go to code.getadblock.com/releases/ and get latest adblock version & unzip it
2) vivaldi://chrome/extensions then enable developer mode
3) click Load Unpacked Extensions and find the adblock folder
Any idea if any Chrome extension will work this way? I might be bothered to give it a try if so. No Ghostery and I'm out.

Edit: The answer is yes. So, basically, Vivaldi is Chromium with a new face and some tweaking. Why it won't load a packed .crx, I have no idea.

rrr_img_90785.png

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It installs extensions from the Chrome Web Store now, so everything is running like Chrome. Except the browser is in debug mode and slow as hell, and there doesn't seem to be a way to view extension icons, meaning you have to access and configure them through vivaldi://chrome/extensions.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Verision 1.0 is out and I really like it. There is a growing community at vivaldibrowser.reddit.com if you want to see what people are saying.