Volkswagen gets busted.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's actually now widened to CO2 and affects gas engines a well. Wonder when it will stop at this point because my assumption has always been the EPA tests are way out in fantasy land compared to daily use for emissions and mileage. I can't think most cars do hit realistic targets.

VW gasoline and diesel engine CO2 emission problem

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If anyone is interested, we got our VW cheater diesel inspected last week. No issues.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
While I dont think it is possible... wish this somehow leads to Volkswagen selling camper vans in the US again. Living in a beach city in California see old ones every where, and a 25 year old one can go for 20k. The demand is there. They even called the newest one "California"

The Long, Strange Trip Continues with New VW Camper Bus ??"?*News ??" Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog
I would kill for a VW camper van, me and the GF were talking about one day getting a Westfalia but I'd much rather have something newer.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
You would be better off on a good condition Westfalia, pretty easy to work on. Can toss a gajillion miles on'em when cared for.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
You would be better off on a good condition Westfalia, pretty easy to work on. Can toss a gajillion miles on'em when cared for.
Its like 15 grand for a Westfalia, I'd rather spend more and not get something from the 80s.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
The fact that the the 20-30 year old Westfalia goes for much shows the demand is there. Volkswagen need to bring em back to the US. They are gonna need to do a whole lot of new marketing and branding after this mess and bringing camper vans back would sell.