VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
19,065
15,555
Sim Racing is the only thing I use it for, I can't be bothered to play anything else after Alyx set the bar.

It's the classic catch-22 dilemma: No one wants to buy a VR system without excellent games that make full use of it and no one wants to make excellent games that make full use of it unless people buy VR systems. I'd love to play HL:Alyx on a good VR set and NMS would probably be entertaining for a little bit until the VR novelty wears off, but that alone makes it hard to justify the massive price tag.
 
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Potato del Grande
12,237
13,390
If you had good controls, I'd wonder if RTS's good for giving you a better kinda top down 3d, looking at a digital battlefield map as a commander feel.
 

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
13,512
14,114
It's the classic catch-22 dilemma: No one wants to buy a VR system without excellent games that make full use of it and no one wants to make excellent games that make full use of it unless people buy VR systems. I'd love to play HL:Alyx on a good VR set and NMS would probably be entertaining for a little bit until the VR novelty wears off, but that alone makes it hard to justify the massive price tag.

I agree, it's hard to justify. If I didn't love racing so much I wouldn't own one at all. The advantage it gives in sim racing with Depth of Field is just incredible, being able to spot minor elevation changes and seeing that a curb is actually 6" tall and not .5" tall as it appears on a monitor is just too good to give up.
 

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
13,512
14,114
If you had good controls, I'd wonder if RTS's good for giving you a better kinda top down 3d, looking at a digital battlefield map as a commander feel.

I was curious if there was a software that allowed you to do this at all, surely it's possible. could you imagine playing an mmo from the cameras location with the depth of field.
 

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
6,449
6,457
It has been way too hot this summer, like 2 months of 100+ temps, but looking forward to getting back to VR chat twice a week. It's my "exercise".
VRChat_2026-05-30_19-15-02.908_1920x1080.png
 

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
2,600
2,102
It's the classic catch-22 dilemma: No one wants to buy a VR system without excellent games that make full use of it and no one wants to make excellent games that make full use of it unless people buy VR systems. I'd love to play HL:Alyx on a good VR set and NMS would probably be entertaining for a little bit until the VR novelty wears off, but that alone makes it hard to justify the massive price tag.
I now have 8 old VR systems just shoved in a closet collecting dust, at the time each one was purchased it was the newest thing, got used for a bit and then moved on. I'm not expecting much more from Steam Frame but at this point I might as well spend money on something, you can't take it with you. Looking forward to Steam Frame being #9 and something else cool and new coming out, hopefully with higher res panels.
 

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
7,050
5,388
I've got kids to soak up that stuff, aside from the Vive. Not dealing w/ base stations and all that shit. It's in a box in the closet or something.

Got waitlisted today for the Steam Frame.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Gold Donor>
18,601
45,914
I've got kids to soak up that stuff, aside from the Vive. Not dealing w/ base stations and all that shit. It's in a box in the closet or something.

Got waitlisted today for the Steam Frame.
Yeah same

Can’t be bothered with all the cords and shit. Once it’s streamlined I’ll be back. I love the VR.

Alyx and Skyrim were so good.
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,206
10,900
Yeah same

Can’t be bothered with all the cords and shit. Once it’s streamlined I’ll be back. I love the VR.

Alyx and Skyrim were so good.
Tried Skyrim as it was a good long game where I would get my monies worth. Kept getting curb stomped doing the 'hop' move method. Trying to do it FPS style I was in puke territory pretty damn fast.