Wainscotting vs. Wood panelling

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Wood panelling is shit and is inferior to all other wall decorations. Wainscotting is classy and says I make more money than you.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
When I hear "wood paneling" it conjures up memories of Seka, Linda Lovelace, and Vanessa Del Rio.

"Wainscotting" is giving me nothing.

Wood Paneling wins.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wainscotting is for people who have money but not that much. Like the dude in the club who don't have to be cheap about tipping but ain't about to make it rain.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
For those (like me) who don't know what absolute milquetoast garbage wainscoting is.

fort-worth-wainscoting.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Both are options for people who don't have enough money to get nice wood molding and trim.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Beadboard, Wains, custom wood work etc are all good options depending on what you are trying to do and what look you want to create.

Personally I think Wainscoting can offer a pretty classy look. Especially if you have good contrast with the floors.

I find beadboard can look ok or terribly cheap depending on how it is installed and what kind of look they are going for. You see a ton of beadboard these days on the generic white shaker cabinets with the grey island on every damn renovation show on TV. The grey island is almost always done with beadboard.

If you really want to go balls out and piss away labor and materials you can make things look incredible with just about any kind of custom wood work. If you have wood working skills then go for it. Otherwise get your checkbook out.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Wainscoting probably does increase value more than wood paneling, but as a minimalist I prefer smooth unadorned surfaces. I'd rather have wood paneling with the same shade as the flooring for a modern, sharp aesthetic.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Wood paneling is far better than that abortion Wainscotting.

T369DvA.jpg

frB4lYz.jpg

vaDzpdu.jpg

1rerz19.jpg