War Dogs PvPvP 100 Person Tactical Shooter

Sludig

Potato del Grande
12,242
13,391
I kinda think being able to easily set up thermal/grenade launcher ships is probably a bad idea. Really don't see themselves as that bad. Spot folks a little quicker but even with the standard randomly panning around I'll spot folks I don't see right away.

Silly but maybe kinda nice if you could know your spotted.
 

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
13,521
14,121
Thermals always ruins games, it should be useless during the day. Not infinity spotting distance and I don't know why devs can't figure this out, especially in a game like this.
 

gauze

Molten Core Raider
1,238
488
Thermals working in the day is fine.. I just wish they'd switch it to active spotting rather than the debuff spotting that they have now.. personally think that should be all of spotting.

Active being they have to be currently staring and looking at the target; not mark it and move on.
 

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
13,521
14,121
Thermals working in the day is fine.. I just wish they'd switch it to active spotting rather than the debuff spotting that they have now.. personally think that should be all of spotting.

Active being they have to be currently staring and looking at the target; not mark it and move on.

There should be ZERO minimap spotting, unless maybe squad only. That's the only way I think it could be balanced and still work.
 

gauze

Molten Core Raider
1,238
488
There should be ZERO minimap spotting, unless maybe squad only. That's the only way I think it could be balanced and still work.
Not that I don't disagree fully, but in terms of "casualizing" the experience; I can understand why it exists.. but I would feel much better if i'm being pinged by someone who is actively looking at me than someone who looked at me 10s ago.. let alone, getting rewarded for looking at me 1 minute ago.. and dying to the opposite team.

spotting as solely a spotter is inherently fun so far in this game, and thermals give it something to look forward to. I just don't think it needs to be as strong as it is, because it honestly doesn't have to be. Active spotting would tone it down but still make it engaging.
 
Last edited:

Sludig

Potato del Grande
12,242
13,391
Not that I don't disagree fully, but in terms of "casualizing" the experience; I can understand why it exists.. but I would feel much better if i'm being pinged by someone is is actively looking at me than someone who looked at me 10s ago.. let alone, getting rewarded for looking at me 1 minute ago.
Not having a in game visible dot already is far more hardcore than the other casual games, and plenty of players you will see oblivious to the map. If your on any kind of open roof/window just assume you are spotted.

Would be very rarely used if it had to be held and maintained. But maybe a mechanic of moving more than 10-15 yards from where spotted would be fair way
 

gauze

Molten Core Raider
1,238
488
Not having a in game visible dot already is far more hardcore than the other casual games, and plenty of players you will see oblivious to the map. If your on any kind of open roof/window just assume you are spotted.
hm? I think I'm saying that I understand why having a marked dot on the minimap is in the game because it helps casualize the experience for players.. and I get it, there are people who even with the clue are absolutely oblivious.. but it's inherent existence makes the game less hardcore as well as a total of other thing to do in the game that benefits the team holistically.

Would be very rarely used if it had to be held and maintained. But maybe a mechanic of moving more than 10-15 yards from where spotted would be fair way
I think you'd be surprised. If it brings in money and you are not actively dying; why would it not be used? People deliever supplies to dead bases all the time, why? when I asked its because it still makes money. At the moment, spotting is probably one of the top 3 money earners w/o any sort of exploit or cheese(-thermals). Incredibly low investment, minimal participation, pure profit. People would still want spotters for mortaring, spotting for inc for fobs will still be relevant.

Spotting in its current iteration just makes me think too much of TPS's.. Peak a window without actually peaking the window. Hell, CoD you can still atleast shoot the UAV. In WD? once you're spotted you're spotted for a few seconds, and I don't even know how long after the spot has worn off you still get rewarded.. and it doesn't even have to be your team.. again if they were actively doing it, or I kill the spotter; there is a better "reward" in it.

And don't get me wrong, spotting in this game is pretty fun.. nothing like getting somewhere silly; watching people die falling out of helis or getting ran over by their own team.. and you're just in some off shoot angle, your threat is near zero because you're not a combatant.. eventually pretending to be a bush .. then eventually being Johnny 5
 
Last edited:

Sludig

Potato del Grande
12,242
13,391
hm? I think I'm saying that I understand why having a marked dot on the minimap is in the game because it helps casualize the experience for players.. and I get it, there are people who even with the clue are absolutely oblivious.. but it's inherent existence makes the game less hardcore as well as a total of other thing to do in the game that benefits the team holistically.


I think you'd be surprised. If it brings in money and you are not actively dying; why would it not be used? People deliever supplies to dead bases all the time, why? when I asked its because it still makes money. At the moment, spotting is probably one of the top 3 money earners w/o any sort of exploit or cheese(-thermals). Incredibly low investment, minimal participation, pure profit. People would still want spotters for mortaring, spotting for inc for fobs will still be relevant.

Spotting in its current iteration just makes me think too much of TPS's.. Peak a window without actually peaking the window. Hell, CoD you can still atleast shoot the UAV. In WD? once you're spotted you're spotted for a few seconds, and I don't even know how long after the spot has worn off you still get rewarded.. and it doesn't even have to be your team.. again if they were actively doing it, or I kill the spotter; there is a better "reward" in it.

And don't get me wrong, spotting in this game is pretty fun.. nothing like getting somewhere silly; watching people die falling out of helis or getting ran over by their own team.. and you're just in some off shoot angle, your threat is near zero because you're not a combatant.. eventually pretending to be a bush .. then eventually being Johnny 5
1st part was more general partially meant for hecko. It could be worse and full bf giant marker.


People wouldn't do it if you had to stay focused in I think because you would assume you'd make far less money because you can't tag a squad and 5 birds in a minute. Not to mention less able to alternate snipping and spotting if it was more of a target painting effect.

Trucks is a bit different argument, a little money not that crazy, more importantly just one of the only decent ways to make driver xp for quote some time.

I think spotting itself doesn't need nerfed but the $ does. Getting 15k for spotting a giant havok first B4 it blows up seems kinda silly for example.
 

Sludig

Potato del Grande
12,242
13,391
/random after not being on a few days really hoping to unlock maaws tonight and really go to town. After a few videos thinking that or in a pinch RPG might be better little bird aa than the actual iglas. Zero chance I reach the GL B4 wipe. Still kinda suspect at the guys that had it a week ago. With the experience curve and limited ways to build supply xp fast short of going Terminator cqb with the m249, think a lot of those early folks figured one way or another to boost.
 

Xevy

Log Wizard
9,760
4,881
/random after not being on a few days really hoping to unlock maaws tonight and really go to town. After a few videos thinking that or in a pinch RPG might be better little bird aa than the actual iglas. Zero chance I reach the GL B4 wipe. Still kinda suspect at the guys that had it a week ago. With the experience curve and limited ways to build supply xp fast short of going Terminator cqb with the m249, think a lot of those early folks figured one way or another to boost.
There's a couple ways to boost support:

Roll Shotgun/LMG
FOB 24/7
Buy Giga Weapons/Armor/Tools and have people purchase them then use them to kill others. That's #1 for support exp and moneys.
Not sure if this is driver or support or both, but we had URAL's dropping multiple small crates with 1 singular bandage in FOB's last night.
Build a CIWS/Mortars and let the shitters blast with them. If you build/supply it with ammunition you get support exp.

I kind of wish they'd add some nominal support exp for repairing shit, but that's very exploitable. I just hate going around hitting all the crispy HESCOs after a 15 minute mortar attack for 0 exp.

Also I can say right now that an AP 5.56 round to a 4 chest armor through a Little Bird window does 6.6 damage. And I can say, with 100% certainty, there's a deflection/ricochet mechanic built into the glass for lower velocity so that's where the failure to penetrate problem comes from. Shit like 7.62R has high velocity so you hit everytime you fire at them. This somewhat makes sense if they didn't want rifle/small arms gibbing little bird pilots, but if it takes 15 hits on a target I have a 35% chance of hitting, probably less, due to ballistics it's pretty rough.

I get not wanting littlebird pilots to instantly die, but you honestly have a better chance of dumping 175 AP bullets into the chopper and killing it than killing the pilot reasonably. Luckily the deathball meta most people are so starved to shoot at the enemy team's who are fobbing each other that all 25 guys in zone just turn and blast it away until it has to repair. I'd say Little Bird helis in my games have gone from the #1 HZ issue to nearly negligible. It is interesting seeing the strats change as people unlock things.

Obviously the GL Bird is the "meta" now, but 90% of them are retarded and hang off the side instead of shooting out the passenger window so you just shoot the fuck out of the fleshbag. All they need to do is add drastic lob to the GL rather than point-and-click from 200m up that is right now. We had some guy and his friend go like 60-15 last night and those 15 deaths were literally all helicopter crashes because we shot him down/killed his pilot. Dude probably lost 60-80k that game. Huge stuff.