War of Dragnorox

Moebiwan

shitlord

Didn't see this ridiculously named MMO announcement posted anywhere. Not sure it deserves its own thread but $10 says it'll be out before Pantheon.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

Didn't see this ridiculously named MMO announcement posted anywhere. Not sure it deserves its own thread but $10 says it'll be out before Pantheon.
Saw the KiraTV reaction to this.

It's good that they say they are fully funded and are not asking for money.

But generic story trailer and a guy talking about hardcore gamer plans and stuff they haven't shown is just shit marketing.

Show a player navigating the game world without a map and stumbling into a secret area where they loot a unique weapon nobody else will get.

Show a GM controlled event and a group of players tackling it while the GM continues to spawn and control more enemies.

Show one of the 11 non instanced raids with one group fighting the boss while another group fights off rival players trying to steal the kill.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

But generic story trailer and a guy talking about hardcore gamer plans and stuff they haven't shown is just shit marketing.

Show a player navigating the game world without a map and stumbling into a secret area where they loot a unique weapon nobody else will get.

Show a GM controlled event and a group of players tackling it while the GM continues to spawn and control more enemies.

Show one of the 11 non instanced raids with one group fighting the boss while another group fights off rival players trying to steal the kill.
Umm... They dont show it because they dont have it yet, lol.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Umm... They dont show it because they dont have it yet, lol.
Which means that they have no guarantee of delivering it.

The way the guy was speaking was like they did have some of that stuff in the game.

Should have shown a more detailed design doc or talked through the stuff I said with concept art instead.

Like this is just complete boring shit, it's just too early to show the game.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is the dudes name Thad McFaide?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

That part where Kira said "probably 90% of people just clicked off the video" was about when I clicked off it. Im surprised someone actually put this "MMO" up, but I guess the forum can always use more shit to dunk on.

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
Signed up for the beta, what the hell. I watched that video and liked what the guy had to say about itemization and longevity. Plus, he's not asking me for money, so I'll give it a shot. I mean, I'm giving any studio that idolizes EQ1 a shot at this point.

• 2Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
In today's MMO marketplace they just limited themselves to an irrelevant population number and to being barely profitable

Chris

Potato del Grande
In today's MMO marketplace they just limited themselves to an irrelevant population number and to being barely profitable
I think the problem is that everyone's had that great world PvP or PvE&P experience where they destroyed an enemy guild on the bridge to Molten Core, fought off the enemy faction while taking down Azuregos or griefed a guild doing Kazzak. But the other group had a bad experience and more often than not, you were in the bad group and you never got loot when you were in the good group.

So it can't be free for all, we have the tech and experience now to have some sort of ingame UI or restrictions to facilitate the good experiences.

FF14 always has an old school grind zone and they learn from it every expansion. The last iteration had a UI to show when a raid boss had popped, a signup and queue system to prevent zerging and early pulling, then a teleport to the boss when the group was ready with a walled off arena to fight in with the boss scaled to the number of players who arrived. They even have an instanced area pop this way.

It's not perfect and lacks PvP but it's fun. Any new MMO should also be learning these lessons and coming up with a good system.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
No AH
No in-game maps
No instances
All grouping / no soloing - presumably with no LFG tools?

with all the whiners spoiled by WoW/FF - this game is DOA. i'll still check it out though

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Oh, so that's where the other half of Pantheon's bought assets went.

Jokes aside, game looks like a love letter to EQ, I really like the gameplay but am skeptical on how quickly they can iterate on content and core systems - that is what always makes or breaks EQ-like games.

If they rely fully on GMs to spawn creatures and such, the game will fail. Guaranteed.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
No Magic?

Meme Spongebob GIF by MOODMAN