WarCraft (2016)

Itzena_sl

shitlord
It's Blizzard, remember? Atbestit'll launch six months after the film premi?res.
biggrin.png

xzi

Mouthbreather
Oh shit, I forgot the Warcraft movie was even a thing... remember when it was coming out in like 2008?

They should just get crazy and inhouse it with their amazing CGI team. If they started doing that like 5 years ago it could have been done by now.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Considering the writing in blizzard stories, it wouldn't be too hard to make a decent-ish movie. Just go with like the fall of Arthas, it has all the components for a good movie, good looking manly main role, old mentor, sexy but powerful female character and lots of action. Also a nice ending to lead into a second movie if it makes a lot of money. I'd say making a decent Warcraft movie would be actually quite easy as long as you can fund the special effects so it doesn't look cheesy as shit. But eh, it's hollywood, considering the track record for video games or anime adaptations, don't have much hope.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
You fucking with us man? That's from WC3. He's holding a shield of Lordaeron, which is currently occupied by the Forsaken.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I wouldn't mind seeing Grom kill Mannoroth on the big screen.
Yeah basically ignore WC1, WC2 and WoW, just take whichever part of WC3 you prefer and do that. I think the human part is probably the best in terms of making a "movie for everyone" though, NE(Illidan/Furion shit with the love story with what's her name etc) and Orc stories(Thrall uprising and shit like that) are good too but easier for people to identify to the humans obviously. Iirc Undead WC3 was just the continuation of the human story so that makes a good 2nd movie. Could do a fragmented story which uses all the stories but might be confusing to follow for people who don't know WC3, would make a lot more sense and shit though, kinda like LoTR movies.

But as I said adapting WC3 story should be fairly easy because it's built like a movie scenario to begin with. It has all the basic components so all you have to do is cast decent actors for the roles and spend your money on good CG stuff and don't try to shoe in too much cheesy shit like a lovestory that doesn't exist. But there's already love stories and strong female characters so you don't have much work to do here anyway.

spronk

FPS noob
they showed a 6 min concept idea at comic con, basically a human fucking around in hellfire peninsula and then fighting an orc (an army of orcs is behind him). it was live action not animated, but the director explained it wasn't really footage from the final movie as they haven't started filming yet, just early proof of concept type stuff. Recordings weren't allowed so dunno when/if we'll see what was shown leak.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've long thought that the wow universe could be a source of a more humorous fantasy series of movies and possibly a tv show. In fact, if you started with WC1 and did the whole story say up to the LK's death, you could get a serious 7 year show out of it if you did a bit of skipping around. GoT production values+ would be needed because of the copious amounts of magic though.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Really have to wonder why they're going with live action instead of animated. Even if they do it at WoW vanilla intro quality it would still look awesome and allow them to do shit they'd never "afford" for a live action movie.