WarCraft (2016)

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How the fuck is 24 million a domestic bomb but third place with 23 million is a solid performance?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well they compare purely the budget of $160M against that domestic opening. I knew it wasn't going to light the box office on fire, but I am surprised at how low the domestic numbers are.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well they compare purely the budget of $160M against that domestic opening. I knew it wasn't going to light the box office on fire, but I am surprised at how low the domestic numbers are.
Good point. I wonder how much of a drop off there will be in week 2. It is getting pretty good word of mouth despite the critics shitting on it.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
It's not doing well in the U.S. because the Western world doesn't give a shit about Warcraft or WoW. The only thing keeping that game afloat is a bunch of in-game currency farmers from various East Asian countries.

spronk

FPS noob
is that a maintenance joke

does wow still do maint? i'd have thought by now servers were 24x7

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Usually it's just rolling restarts. 15 minutes servers are down, but every so often they do the long 6 hour maintenance

Vinen

God is dead
Jesus that movie was terrible. Uwe Boll could to better.

There will be a sequel. It fucking ripped faces in China.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It seems really impossible to keep servers running for days upon days without restarting them to reset the iis or other services. Most of the time you have redundant servers in place so it's not noticeable or it doesn't matter because nobody is working on them at 3am.

Did everquest really run for weeks without server restart or is that just my memory being shitty?

Crazily

N00b
I thought it was decent, of course I sold my soul to blizzard when I was 12 and started playing WC 1.

Hope there are sequels...quite the trip to see a huge part of your childhood on the big screen!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Only 24 million in the States. The shit flopped over here. The rest of the world is saving this movie. I still think it was stupid to literally start with Warcraft: Orcs and Humans when WoW is really what everyone knows.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only 24 million in the States. The shit flopped over here. The rest of the world is saving this movie. I still think it was stupid to literally start with Warcraft: Orcs and Humans when WoW is really what everyone knows.
I really doubt people didn't watch it because it was about Warcraft 1, and would have if it had been about any WoW "story", which either heavily rely on knowledge on stories told by the RTS or are just random nonsense.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Movie was alright. Not anywhere close to the epic they were clearly going for, but it wasn't terrible either. I think honestly the movie's biggest flaw is that it tried to take itself too seriously. The actor for doomhammer had a huge petition to have things like a naked night elf dancing in goldshire and a guy on a horse standing on the mailbox trying to jump on the roof. I'm not saying they should have gone with those obvious jokes, but everything was just too serious.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
It seems really impossible to keep servers running for days upon days without restarting them to reset the iis or other services. Most of the time you have redundant servers in place so it's not noticeable or it doesn't matter because nobody is working on them at 3am.

Did everquest really run for weeks without server restart or is that just my memory being shitty?
just a memory leak quin.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Utter shit. Legendary must've had Blizzard's dicks in a vice with their Hollywood-Lawyer-Tier contract or this pile of shit would've been cancelled like Warcraft Adventures or Starcraft:Ghost or Titan.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
WoW's lore really starts in WC3 and Medivh was the behind the scenes player in that for the good guys. I can see wanting to establish him and everything around the portal first since they re-emerge in the later stories.