WarCraft (2016)

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
I thought the movie was light and really great to watch. As movies go that have been inspired from video games, I don't think you should act as Rotten Tomato critics and throw every bit of criticism at it that you can. These kind of things aren't easy to bring to light and from what I read, it was hard to get a good story/script together to make the movie. They had to experiment with something as a starting point and see where they can tweak it and make it a better production for the fans and movie-goers.

Sure, the script had some "meh" parts.
Sure, it didn't provide much context for what was going on to people not familiar with Warcraft.

But still, I feel it was a good starting point and I give them a lot of credit (especially for the visual effects, simply stunning and well done!).

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
China loves anything cgi that doesn't have black people. Also one of the biggest backers of the first was China.

Chris

Potato del Grande
They already wrecked the story by having Stormwind win Warcraft 1 and close The Dark Portal so they could have a Hollywood happy ending. I can't remember, did they kill Gul'dan too?

Warcraft 2 was about the Stormwind refugees fleeing to Lordaeron and forming The Alliance to fight back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They already wrecked the story by having Stormwind win Warcraft 1 and close The Dark Portal so they could have a Hollywood happy ending. I can't remember, did they kill Gul'dan too?

Warcraft 2 was about the Stormwind refugees fleeing to Lordaeron and forming The Alliance to fight back.

Well just retconning the shit out of the first movie would be the ultimate Warcraft move.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No, I was referring to the wrecking Warcraft (2016) did to Warcraft lore. The Warcraft story has been passable(for a video game) at best to shit most of the time.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I really enjoyed the first one, so I'll definitely check out a sequel. They did a fantastic job of bringing Azeroth to life. I thought the visuals were great, so I'd love to see more.

Story...meh. No one plays WoW for the story, so no one should see these movies for the story. Just sit back and enjoy the spectacle.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Warcraft 2 and Tides of Darkness were mostly clans and battle maneuvers and army movements used as the story. Just fuckin' tell the Arthas story. It's by far the best part of the lore anyway. End it with him sitting on the throne in ICC.

"Succeeding you, Father."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I really dont get why adaptations go with this radically different stories. Aside from being cliche bullshit it certainly was not a better story.
No, I was referring to the wrecking Warcraft (2016) did to Warcraft lore. The Warcraft story has been passable(for a video game) at best to shit most of the time.
WC1 and 2s story was very basic and bland but not really bad. Just blood thirsty orcs invade and try and conquer the world.

The movies problem was it started throwing shit at you that could never be explained within the movie, like Kirin Tor council and Dalaran or why Medivh started transforming into Sargeras. Clunky horrible dialogue like "I am the guardian" only made it worse. You need to spoon feed the general public this stuff not dump a tray of it on them.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
China loves anything cgi that doesn't have black people. Also one of the biggest backers of the first was China.

You could tell it was a Chinese movie. Toothless, soulless, forgettable. No risks taken, vanilla garbage. Everything said this was not produced grass roots by an American studio.

Delaying the project for 5-6 years didn't do it any favors.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I really enjoyed the first one, so I'll definitely check out a sequel. They did a fantastic job of bringing Azeroth to life. I thought the visuals were great, so I'd love to see more.

Story...meh. No one plays WoW for the story, so no one should see these movies for the story. Just sit back and enjoy the spectacle.

I'm in the same boat and will just be happy to get more High Fantasy type movies.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

giphy.gif