WarCraft (2016)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Dude... Ben foster is awesome.... Consider my interest piqued

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
As much asweall know and love Warcraft, it's pretty niche as far as pop culture goes, and you can't rule out that it's a video game. How many other video game movies have had paparazzi shots or huge followings prior to release? This isn't Game of Thrones we're talking about here.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
If it is already in post production why the hell is it not coming out until March 2016? It must be 95% CG or something.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
As much asweall know and love Warcraft, it's pretty niche as far as pop culture goes, and you can't rule out that it's a video game. How many other video game movies have had paparazzi shots or huge followings prior to release? This isn't Game of Thrones we're talking about here.
I'd say WoW is still pretty big in terms of pop culture, sure it peaked around TBC/WotLK, but people don't forget that fast and I'd say this is better for the movie, they don't need to worry about hitting some window of relevance and instead focus on a making a good one.

I just really hope Metzen isn't writing the script.

*check IMDB*

Fuck.

Chris

Potato del Grande
If it is already in post production why the hell is it not coming out until March 2016? It must be 95% CG or something.
I'm going to guess that half the movie follows 100% CG orcs. I wonder if they still have motion capture to do?

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
This is exactly what I was thinking. I also figured it was mostly CG for the fact that we didn't see any leaks from filming on location. They just threw a couple of actors on a green screen stage for a month or so and figure out the rest in post.

Brad2770

I hope, during one of the battles, that you hear a loud *DING* after Lothar kills an Orc.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Plus it's Blizzard... they take ten times longer to do anything than anybody else.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I wonder... will the Warlords of Draenor play a big part in this as a missed cross promotion thing? Obviously Blackhand and Durotan are in but what about the others?

rad

Lord of Guk
I'm going to guess that half the movie follows 100% CG orcs. I wonder if they still have motion capture to do?
Heard from a buddy who visited one of the sets in Canada that he was quite impressed with what they had built at the time. But yeah, probably a fair amount of CGI in the finished product.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
But it's because everything they make is super ultra polished quality work! It takes time!

And bioware!
Well if I remember the filming schedule it was like 1-2 months of actual filming and two years of post production. So that doesn't bode well for the acting parts!

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I'm just wondering if any of the female characters in this game will be wearing bikini armour!

insidernevang.jpg

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm just wondering if any of the female characters in this game will be wearing bikini armour!

insidernevang.jpg
Blizzard just announced that they are feminists now and are swapping bikini armour for skin tight latex bodysuits.

zubdub_sl

shitlord
You're probably right, but although its not late 2010 anymore (peak WoW subs), there are still over 20 million people playing Hearthstone which is entirely based in the Warcraft universe. That's still some attachment to the universe and its characters. I don't think it's going to be a huge flop, but if there are people like me out there who want to avoid the smelly virgins who are going to be yelling "FOR THE HORDE" in theatres opening weekend maybe they'll bomb.

I just hope they don't make Orgrim into a typical hotheaded retard-- back before Metzen sold out and lost his writing talent, he made Orgrim seem like a cunning opportunist and was the most successful Warchief. Metzen probably tore those pages out of the Warcraft 2 manual and burned them to light his cubans while he counts his money though.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ogrim Doomhammer used to be a good guy but CORRUPTION and now he has gone mad.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Warcraft movie got pushed back to June 10, 2016... which is actually a good thing because Universal has so much faith in it's success that they want it to be a summer movie.

rrr_img_95420.png

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
May 27, 2016: X-men Apocalypse
June 3, 2016: TMNT 2
June 10, 2016: Now You See Me 2, Uncharted, The Conjuring 2
June 17, 2016: Finding Dory (Nemo 2)
June 24, 2016: Independence Day 2

Yeah, they're going to get fucking destroyed.
8fldWqi.gif