Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Never thought I'd pick this up again, but it has been refreshing to revisit this classic. It's still the last RTS I seriously played (2002/2007/now) but apparently, I keep coming back to it.

Hope the WC3 remastered rumors are true!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Had a blast playing this game. Ah, the memories.

I might be down to install and play a few matches but fair warning I usually do unorthodox stats like mass raiders, tower rushes, etc.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I had to thumbs down every 1v1 tiny map over fucking tower rushes. Humans do it the best. Can't believe it's still a successful tactic over a decade later!

**I probably won't have a chance to play until Friday afternoons. Anyone ever play via WC3 arena? They're a patch behind battle.net.

USEast | LulzSect

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Some amazing lulz from this game! Favorite was 4v4 tech rush to Orc bat riders. Fly them in behind someone's base, and take out town hall so fast they can't even tp!

• 1Worf

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Was the last rts I played seriously as well. Really was (is?) a fantastic game. I played a huge variety of tactics. Favourite was probably heavy early hero/archer harassment while i teched up for a druid of the claw rush. Loved those bears who could heal themselves.

• 1Solidarity

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
WC3 required too much micro managing. Dealing with the heroes and their abilities is just too much for my simpleton mind. I really enjoyed the single player campaigns, but multiplayer was never much fun. I still prefer WC2 multiplayer.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
When the game first started there was an option for team FFA matches which was great because hardly anyone would play it, so you could queue at the same time as another team you're friends with and probably get matched with them, then gang up on the other shmucks.

• 1Worf

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Also in the Stromgarde map from the original game you used to be able to blow up bridges, so I'd end up blowing up my own bridge and forcing the opponent into horrible 3 hour stalemate.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I lived for greedy Undead Frost Wyrm tech. Miss that shit. Still love Dark Archer as my 2nd hero for silence.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I played this more than any other RTS. By a lot. But TFT fucking sucked. Made Undead way too good. Obelisks can fuck off. I was a strict RoC player.

• 1Worf

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I get RekT by Human/Orc unless I manage to get abominations out. ROC was better when you could tech to Frost Wyrms quickly.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The only reason I'd kind of doubt it is because WC3 remastered with updated Dota/Eota maps would affect their already flagging Hots player base. So they'd probably have to make some sort of excuse like "uhhh yea there's new direct x technical challenges lots of uhhh problems with the serpentine belt, need both alternators replaced uhhh no custom map triggers anymore don't question us we play wow on a tablet you fucking plebes!"

• 1Picard

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The only reason I'd kind of doubt it is because WC3 remastered with updated Dota/Eota maps would affect their already flagging Hots player base. So they'd probably have to make some sort of excuse like "uhhh yea there's new direct x technical challenges lots of uhhh problems with the serpentine belt, need both alternators replaced uhhh no custom map triggers anymore don't question us we play wow on a tablet you fucking plebes!"
If you want to play real Dota, it's free and made by Valve. You can't go back simply because of how good everybody got at it, now you get flamed if you don't at least follow recommended items. Also lobbies with no matchmaking would suck, no leaver penalties etc. etc. Big budget RTS seems to be pretty much dead, however if somebody creates comp stomp game like SC2 LotV coop mission, sign me the fuck up, that thing is far less stressful than 1v1 and equally as fun.

• 1Like