Warhammer 40k: Chaos Gate

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
While this does just add to the glut of Xcom like turn based 40k PC games. This one does look pretty solid.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nothing quite gives the hopes up like a new game with the Warhammer IP

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Looks like this turned out okay if you are looking for an XCOM clone with Warhammer 40k

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Why would they need denuvo? The Emperor Protects.

• 2Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I ended up starting over after getting two months into the campaign as I realized I had made horrible mistakes in my overall progression / upgrades.

Make sure you heal your dudes up before the end of a mission if at all possible. Injuries are a pain in the ass to deal with.

Alternatively raise your recruitment score up high and use the initial supply of Knights as cannon fodder and just replace them with more skilled peeps.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I've heard the same. Sort of gives me a vibe like a cross between XCOM and Darkest Dungeon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
69% positive when I went to bed last night, 66% positive when I woke up this morning. Lot of discontent with the game it seems.

Single most common complaints is that your dudes don't feel like Space Marines, let alone Grey Knights (who are ultra-elite even by the standards of Space Marines). Game probably should have just had you playing Inquisitorial assets.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
69% positive when I went to bed last night, 66% positive when I woke up this morning. Lot of discontent with the game it seems.

Single most common complaints is that your dudes don't feel like Space Marines, let alone Grey Knights (who are ultra-elite even by the standards of Space Marines). Game probably should have just had you playing Inquisitorial assets.
Yeah, there was a reason that the ARPG was Warhammer: Inquisitor and not Warhammer: Space Marines.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I can see that. You spend most of the first part of the campaign fighting what are effectively random civilians hopped up on too much Red Bull and who are able to fuck you up quite readily.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, there was a reason that the ARPG was Warhammer: Inquisitor and not Warhammer: Space Marines.
They had a separate game-line in the same rules engine called Deathwatch where you played, imaginatively enough, Deathwatch marines. A starting Deathwatch marine was probably on par with/slightly tougher than a freshly ascended Dark Heresy career and you fought appropriately tougher threats.

Always thought it would have been fun to run a split campaign where you did the standard investigation/stealth/lighter combat with your group of acolytes but eventually you're expected call in the big guns and switch to your Deathwatch characters.

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I watched some of this on Twitch and it looks like there are some interesting concepts wrapped in my favorite setting; please tell me it is good enough to buy.

• 2Like