Warhammer 40k: Darktide

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Had a dude today rush ahead and die over and over then talk shit that we weren’t keeping up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hedeon

Molten Core Raider
Bets on whether or not this gets a winter sale discount?
I'm guessing no, cause they wanna fix shit first and the Tencent Overlords will want to try and sucker people in at full price for the holidays. March at the earliest for a sale.

Caliane

Datamining on stats.
Lots of really important hidden things here.. Classes regen toughness differantly, take differant amounts of toughness damage, while doing differant things, get diff amounts of toughness on melee kills, diff base crit rates, etc..

zealot takes 0 damage while sliding. (I didnt actually realize the other classes still took damage)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is this worth it yet? Or does it still need work?
I'm sure most of the simps here will say yes, but imo it's still an ugly mess. I remember VT2 was rough at initial release and needed quite a bit of polish but it was still in a much better state than Darktide.

But if you're definitely planning to get it an argument can be made in favor of just getting it now and leveling while the queue times are quicker, cause they will definitely start to slow down going forward. Even if Fatshark royally fucked up the DT release, it's a pretty safe bet that they will gradually get it to where it should have been and beyond.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm sure most of the simps here will say yes, but imo it's still an ugly mess. I remember VT2 was rough at initial release and needed quite a bit of polish but it was still in a much better state than Darktide.

But if you're definitely planning to get it an argument can be made in favor of just getting it now and leveling while the queue times are quicker, cause they will definitely start to slow down going forward. Even if Fatshark royally fucked up the DT release, it's a pretty safe bet that they will gradually get it to where it should have been and beyond.

Fucked up how exactly? Game is playable and enjoyable. The only thing that's a bummer is the crafting not being fully in, but that's fine. Gives me time to save up crafting materials and I'm still not even remotely high enough to start rerolling gear.

The gaming community has turned into a bunch of whiny cunts who can't play a game to have fun anymore.

• 1Like

Caliane

Yeah. I think VT2 was in a better state then darktide at release. Then of course there's multiple instances of seemingly steps backwards. like lootdice. Where ok, that wasn't in VT2 release either... but, they learned from that mistake right? so why the hell is it not in Darktide release?

Its clear darktide had some major reworks to systems before release. Like I've said, I think it was more roguelike at some point.

Lots of things in Darktide are steps back from VT2, but also deep rock galactic.

The keep in vermintide 2 was so well loved. Deep rock galactic has a great hub as well. Why the hell is the Mourningstar so lame? Hell, dark and darker has a better hub..

Did they fix pysker lit staff? or is that shit still unplayable?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Hotfix 1.0.21

Stability & Performance
  • Added AMD Raytracing support in the launcher settings.
  • The launcher should now auto-detect high-performance GPUs on laptops by default.
  • Added connection time-out to prevent infinite loops when resetting settings.
  • Fixed some crashes that could occur on some users when booting up the launcher.
  • Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when browsing through store items.
  • Resolved a crash that could occur in rare circumstances while using the tagging system.
  • Fixed other various, unspecifiable crashes and bugs.

Localization
  • Fixed localization issues on some cosmetics.

UI/UX
  • Removed player outlines as they weren't functioning as intended. They will make a return in the future.
  • Added ability to reset keybindings when the game starts.

Gameplay
  • Fixed a bug where there was a delay between push action and regular attacks on the Achlys Mk I Power Maul.
  • Scriptures and Grimoires are now available in Comms-Plex 154/2f.
  • Fixed an issue in the Psykhanium where slow motion remained active.

VFX/SFX
  • Reverted Forcestaff VFX to an earlier version.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The gaming community has turned into a bunch of whiny cunts who can't play a game to have fun anymore.
Expecting better quality from a studio that has pretty much led the genre for the last several years is being a whiny cunt now. The game is actually a masterpiece and the miserable 61% positive on Steam is just because of whiny cunts!

This is what I meant by simps. Just blatantly ignore the widespread dissatisfaction from the playerbase and the obvious influence the Tencent buyout has had on the studio and pretend all is well.

• 1Rustled

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
As has already been stated:

Darktide is fine. It’s just not even literally 1:20th as polished or fleshed out as VT2 is. A lot of us having been VT2 players, this is glaringly obvious. If you never played VT2 you might not be influenced by these thoughts. The weapons, the crafting, the gameplay itself, the mood, levels, it just “feels” a bit gritty at the moment, like there’s shit small pieces of metal floating around in the machinery. Nevermind the lack of classes.

The cool thing is as I think we all know and see, Fatshark comes out heavy and quick with updates. While I personally don’t even have that much time to game anymore I’ve had fun turning this on casually a few hours here and there and I’ve almost got one character to 30.

• 1Like

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
The only thing that is a negative to me are the crashes that often to someone in the group in a play session. Always happens to one of us randomly.

But other than that? I have 94 hours in the game. Its combat is fun. The randomization of encounters is nuts and make every run feel significantly different. I am really enjoying Darktide and I just don't have all that many negative things to say about it.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
ok which one of you was this?

1671814667187.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Is this worth it yet? Or does it still need work?

Needs work. Missing basic features. Loot system is ass. Still get plenty of disconnects from strike team members. They still need to limit classes on strike teams etc.

What carries the game is the combat. It's top notch. Gunplay feels great. Mele is very satisfying.

Overall the game is more than playable, but you can immediately tell that it's unfinished.

Game is just flat out fun.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Needs work. Missing basic features. Loot system is ass. Still get plenty of disconnects from strike team members. They still need to limit classes on strike teams etc.

What carries the game is the combat. It's top notch. Gunplay feels great. Mele is very satisfying.

Overall the game is more than playable, but you can immediately tell that it's unfinished.

Right its just tons and tons and tons of little things for the most part, and I guess those stand out more to VT players. If you're coming in fresh to Fatshark you won't get nearly as butthurt about it as I am.

But it's not just comparing Darktide to where VT2 is now, VT2 was rough as hell at launch and still miles ahead of the Darktide launch.

Nija

<Silver Donator>

Correct on all accounts.

I stopped playing shortly after I hit 30, as I don't want to get burned out before all the features are in.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Cool. Glad that my initial intuition after VT2, telling me, "probably wait for some patches and a discount" was correct.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
61% positive has dropped to 55% positive in 5 days, probably won't make it to the 40% mostly negative threshold though.