Warhammer 40k

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You do realize Executive Producer may be above a Producer in hierarchy, but their jobs aren't exactly the same right? Executive Producers handle more business stuff and finances, while the Producers are the ones that are usually on set and dealing with writers, actors, and directors.
I don't understand what point you're trying to make here.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finding a Writer should be easy, I would think? I mean Dan Abnett is still alive, right?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I don't understand what point you're trying to make here.
Producers are more hands on to the actual project. They are there basically everyday on the set. The E.P. are more business side and getting the money for the project. Also E.P. has a history of being used as an incentive to actors and shit. It's why like some CEO's will have an E.P. credit but all they did was greenlight the show.

Terry Brooks is a good example though. He was E.P. but in his own words said he didn't really have a say in what happened.

How much involvement did you have with this show?

Terry Brooks: I was given the right to read, critique, comment on all of the scripts, which is what I really wanted -- not so much to say "You should change this" or "You could do it better this way." I was there to say that "If you do this, you might run into a problem down the road" or "Readers will be upset because they're used to this and maybe we can find another way to do it that would observe it." It was sort of to avoid the bumps and the pitfalls that might occur if we just tried to trample all over the readers, which is our core group, of course.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think it mainly comes down to 'does he have enough power over the project to influence/control the hiring of writers' with a secondary of 'will the costumes and props be closer to LotR level or RoP level'.

My point was I'd be surprised if the answer to the first one wasn't "Yes" due to how important he is and how much he's been jerked around

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
lol.. just checked and the Witcher has 12 fucking Executive Producers.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Producers are more hands on to the actual project. They are there basically everyday on the set. The E.P. are more business side and getting the money for the project. Also E.P. has a history of being used as an incentive to actors and shit. It's why like some CEO's will have an E.P. credit but all they did was greenlight the show.

Terry Brooks is a good example though. He was E.P. but in his own words said he didn't really have a say in what happened.

How much involvement did you have with this show?

Terry Brooks: I was given the right to read, critique, comment on all of the scripts, which is what I really wanted -- not so much to say "You should change this" or "You could do it better this way." I was there to say that "If you do this, you might run into a problem down the road" or "Readers will be upset because they're used to this and maybe we can find another way to do it that would observe it." It was sort of to avoid the bumps and the pitfalls that might occur if we just tried to trample all over the readers, which is our core group, of course.
So what, specifically, did you mean by "He is producing" in response to my comment about the hiring of writers.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Meaning he'll have a say on writers, actors, etc.
cavill40k.png

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Executive Producer can mean hands on every little aspect, or nothing at all to do with anything, even the money part, and just be a name only.

Impossible determine what they do just by the credits

• 3Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I am super excited, but I am not sure I am quite this excited.

Also, those of you that may have missed it Janx Janx original post, because font too small here is a larger more legible version. Henry is in charge of all the hiring apparently, though he does say "our" first step. He says Amazon will let him stay true to the IP, I will stay cautiously optimistic.

1671239888647.png

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

Also, those of you that may have missed it Janx Janx original post, because font too small here is a larger more legible version. Henry is in charge of all the hiring apparently, though he does say "our" first step. He says Amazon will let him stay true to the IP, I will stay cautiously optimistic.

View attachment 448217
He has earned our optimism and benefit of the doubt. Stop being such a buncha pussies.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

View attachment 448217
Yea I’m going to be sucking up a massive amounts of hopium until this is released.

• 3Like

Cybsled

Cavil is a giga nerd for Warhammer. If there is anyone to have some confidence in to produce something good in that universe, you couldn't ask for a better advocate

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Very cool. I still remember how much I played "Space Hulk" on the Panasonic 3DO years ago. The one dude always shouting "BETHER!" for example. Yeah, I know that's a character's name, but still. That game was tits.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Goatface

i don't think they can make a decent live action 40k show even with rings of power budget.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
i don't think they can make a decent live action 40k show even with rings of power budget.
Depends. Could do a great show based on inquisitors, imperial guard, or rogue traders.

• 3Like

Caliane

yeah. listening to people talk, they just lose all perspective. "fall of cadia would be cool". bro, what makes you think anyone could afford that for a TV show? or if its even physically possible.

Space marines in general. look at Halo. how do you think a TV show will be able to handle an 8ft tall dude in power armor? Rings of power is a huge flop, insane budget, and even IT wouldn't be able to do it. this show won't get that budget in the first place. 40k is far far more niche then Lord of the rings.

What is possible. A hive city focusing on politics, inquisition, gaurdsmen, cultists. Basically Andor. or, A Rogue trader doing planet of the week stuff. Much like Andromeda, farscape and the like.
Humans doing human stuff. MAYBE Eldar and Tau. no chaos marines, no necrons, no Tryanids, no orks.

• 3Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
They could focus on one of the assassin training schools but then I worry it will become a WB type show...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the best setup for this show would be for Cavill to be an interrogator in charge of an cell, akin to the two novels Sandy Mitchell wrote to coincide with the release of the Dark Heresy rpg. Gives them the freedom to use any number of storytelling styles with basically the full range of the Imperium to use as potential backdrops, and the Inquisitorial backing puts them above a lot of the restrictions that exist in Imperial society without giving them the nearly unlimited authority of Cavill being an Inquisitor himself.

• 1Like