We Own This City

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
lol idiot me didn't realize until the end, that this was based on real events.

Jon Bernthal did a great job.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol idiot me didn't realize until the end, that this was based on real events.

Jon Bernthal did a great job.
I didnt know it was a true story either until I looked it up. Made everything make a bit more sense. Pretty nuts story after seeing how far the corruption went through the political system of Baltimore. Bernthal was awesome.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm always relunctant watching a TV show from real events but it was very good, especially acting (Bernthal is awesome) and writing. As a David Simon fan it was also very cool to see actors from his shows "returning" to Baltimore.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

Just recently binged that. Great show, which is not much of a surprise considering David Simon's track record. I'll need to check The Deuce and The Plot Against America in a near future to complete his whole body of work.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just recently binged that. Great show, which is not much of a surprise considering David Simon's track record. I'll need to check The Deuce and The Plot Against America in a near future to complete his whole body of work.
Generation Kill also.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Deuce is amazing. Plot against America sucks dick. His only miss

ExPatriot

This is the end...
<Gold Donor>
Have watched it and have to agree with others JB was really great in this - especially with his Balmer accent. He's from Montgomery County near Bethesda and they definitely don't talk like that...

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I'm always relunctant watching a TV show from real events but it was very good, especially acting (Bernthal is awesome) and writing. As a David Simon fan it was also very cool to see actors from his shows "returning" to Baltimore.
This was one of the best parts of the show to me, seeing the Wire Alumni apprise different roles.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users