Web publishing project schedules

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
We keep our project info in an access db and as excel file with status updates.

We are developing a wiki site for users and I'd like to have the project info published(linked) to the site.

It seems like this should be easy but its not for me (I'm an idiot).

Any recommendations? Anything on any scale, We're still fluid at this point on using access and excel or a wiki page

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
What level of detail are you creating your project schedules in Excel? I just ask because I am curious why you don't use MS Project. And if you do use Project, you could always look into Project Server.

No idea how big your organization is, or what kind of budget you are looking at though.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Very basic schedule wise. We could definitely improve that aspect but the primary concern is sharing "xx project had xx happen on xx" and keeping that record.

We don't have MS project and I generally approach everything to make it as idiot proof and minimal as possible, everyone shits their pants over new software. That said ill keep it in mind if nothing comes up, thanks.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Well, you could just use SharePoint then as well and keep using Excel. I am not knocking the use of Excel, I still use it often enough for some smaller projects.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Have you looked into Google Docs? Something if it's purely for linking this should probably work:

GANTT CHART TEMPLATE

If you want more functionality, then something like MS Project would be better if you are a MSFT shop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user