Wedding / Groomsman Gifts

Bane_sl

shitlord
So this may be merged into the other Engagement Thread, etc.. but I figured I'd get some ideas from the creative brains in the community here.

My wedding is coming up on May 3rd and I'm still stumped for the Groomsmen gifts. I don't want to give the usual (Flask, lighter, knife, etc) and I am running dry on ideas for some cool unique ideas. Here's my lineup:

Best Man: Brother (Age 36)- Electrician / Cable Tech / Father of 4
Groomsman 1 (Age 30): Comedy Club Owner / Gadget Guy / Beer Drinker
Groomsman 2: (Age 26): Gadget Lover / Video Gamer Guy / Hard Liquor/Food Connoisseur
Groomsman 3: (Age 10): Son of the Bride (He's easy.. games, sports, etc)

I don't think there's one gift I can give to all four of them, but instead unique to each of them.

I'd appreciate any ideas, starting points, or things that I may not know about

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
So this may be merged into the other Engagement Thread, etc.. but I figured I'd get some ideas from the creative brains in the community here.

My wedding is coming up on May 3rd and I'm still stumped for the Groomsmen gifts. I don't want to give the usual (Flask, lighter, knife, etc) and I am running dry on ideas for some cool unique ideas. Here's my lineup:

Best Man: Brother (Age 36)- Electrician / Cable Tech / Father of 4
Groomsman 1 (Age 30): Comedy Club Owner / Gadget Guy / Beer Drinker
Groomsman 2: (Age 26): Gadget Lover / Video Gamer Guy / Hard Liquor/Food Connoisseur
Groomsman 3: (Age 10): Son of the Bride (He's easy.. games, sports, etc)

I don't think there's one gift I can give to all four of them, but instead unique to each of them.

I'd appreciate any ideas, starting points, or things that I may not know about
My buddy got each of us a really nice pair of expensive cufflinks that was related to our personalities/interests. Like, for example, a person who did lots of international travel had little globe cufflinks, and a beer snob got beer mug cufflinks. I thought it was pretty cool and I still have mine (little superman symbols, like the one he wears on his chest).

Bane_sl

shitlord
My buddy got each of us a really nice pair of expensive cufflinks that was related to our personalities/interests. Like, for example, a person who did lots of international travel had little globe cufflinks, and a beer snob got beer mug cufflinks. I thought it was pretty cool and I still have mine (little superman symbols, like the one he wears on his chest).
Not to cut off your idea, but I forgot to mention.. none of them will wear cufflinks
smile.png
Meant to throw that it with the Flask, Lighter, Knife example..

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Not to cut off your idea, but I forgot to mention.. none of them will wear cufflinks
smile.png
Meant to throw that it with the Flask, Lighter, Knife example..
Haha, well, to be fair, as far as I know none of us have worn them since either. However, we wore them during the wedding. Not many people have many occasions to wear cufflinks. We all just really liked the idea of it and it showed that he actually knew us and appreciated us.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
A friend gave his groomsmen monogrammed pocket watches. They're pretty sweet and I wear mine any time I'm at a formal event.

Bane_sl

shitlord
The pocket watches aren't a bad idea either. I just don't know if it's something they'd keep. I toyed with the idea of getting them personalized with a nice case they could just display even if they don't wear it.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I tried to do something a little different for my groomsman gifts. Everyone got aBacon Lovers Packand then I bought us all tickets to a football game. Best man (also my brother) also got signed up a beer-of-the-month club.

www.uncrate.comhas all kinds of awesome things that guys would want. Might be able to find some inspiration there.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Different question here. We're going non-traditional in the sense that my sister and brother will stand with me and her brothers are standing with her. Are they still considered groomsmen and do I need to buy them gifts? I probably will anyways, just curious.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Beer/fruit/sausage/cheese/whatever of the month club is a great gift because it's 12 gifts that will make them think of you every month for a year. It's nice to have some sort of keepsake as well though. I have received a watch, a pocket knife, and a beer stein as groomsman/best man gifts in the past. Of the 3 the knife was the most useful but I lost it eventually. The stein I still have sitting on a shelf and I see it from time to time while the watch is in a drawer somewhere.

And yeah I would say her brothers are groomsmen if they're standing up with you. Even if they're not it would be nice to get off on the right foot with them since they're going to be family now.

TJ Lazer_sl

shitlord
It's all a bunch of shittily made garbage that they've already gotten from previous weddings. Give em a gift card and tell them to fuck off.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
My cousin got each of his groomsmen a goddamn baseball hat. After making us spend $130 on tux rentals.

Fucking cheapskate.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
www.absinthes.com/absinthexplore.php

Customize them an absinthe drinking set each. Then share a toast among each other with each person choosing his favorite from their respective box. Each person follows the directions in their box.This cannot fail to be a memorable experience.

ooo6

Trakanon Raider
I see that the pocket watch idea came up, but why not wrist watches? I know they are kinda dying out with everyone carrying a cell phone but they are handy.

The last wedding where I was a member of the bridal party I got a wedge for my golf set.

Have you ever thought of maybe a non physical gift? Like take everyone to a ball game dinner or something. Would be a nice change. Good luck!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think tickets to a sporting event is a good idea... My wife's cousin got all of his groomsmen framed headshots of himself... and behind the picture was tickets to a Chicago Bears game. It was pretty funny when they all opened them.