Weeknd - Beauty Behind the Madness

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
About 1/3 of the way through it. Losers and The Hills are definitely standouts so far. It's a lot more upbeat than his previous albums. This might be the album that makes him blow up; I think having Earned It on a major motion picture was the preface to getting a wider audience.

Will update when the Youtubes gets videos, for now, there are snippets:

Agraza

Registered Hutt
One of my favorite artists these days. He's completely unlike everything else I listen to, but a lot of quality.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
I give the album a 6/10, often/earned it are so old and shouldn't of been on it. Dark times is so fucking bad and losers is so cringey. The opening track is a little weak compared to older openers

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Earned it also was on 50 shades of grey and went into the top 5.

The hills was on serious rotation for me for a while. I like the kanye track, don't care for feel my face or the lana del rey one

agree with two of those songs shouldn't have been on it, but he gave me 3 mixtapes for free that were great so I won't complain

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I think it's way better than Kiss Land and makes a much better follow up to the free trilogy

Simas_sl

shitlord
I slept on this. I loved House of Balloons, but liked each subsequent release less. When Kiss Land wasn't well received (on blogs at least...I think it did ok commercially but not great) I kinda wrote him off. When cant feel my face blew up I just assumed he had toned it down for mainstream success and the whole album sounded like that. I picked up on the coke reference in the chorus but didn't pay attention to the other lyrics, so I didn't realize the whole damn thing is a love (hate?) song for coke. I listened to some other tracks over the weekend and holy shit. The Hills, Tell Your Friends, In the Night. So good. In the Night is going to be huge.

For real tho, sometimes I'm like how it this number 1 on billboard. What does that say about us?

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I've had a chance to listen to this now a few times through in my car with a good sound system, and I really, really like it. Sure you can pick certain songs apart, but I think it's a solid album and definitely one of the better releases of 2015.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can't Feel My Face is the only song I don't like on the album. Reminds me of Eminem, knew what kind of song he'd have to make to go platinum and then did whatever he wanted to with the rest.

Ive probably heard The Hills 100 times at this point (on heavy rotation on both rap stations here) and I am not tired of it.

Simas_sl

shitlord
Yeah I think his recent music videos show him trying to kill the devil (Max Martin record label mega pop), crash, then accept the devil's help. I'm not a huge fan of Can't Feel My Face either.