Weight Loss Thread

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Creatine + Beta-Alanine for evening training
Creatine + Beta-Alanine + Caffeine for weekend training
My work schedule is all over the GD place so it's not always evenings. That shit be ok for just day-day work out that you first listed?

Hekotat

I'm with Elurin, any help you are experiencing is primarily caused by placebo rather than anything in the supplement itself (like pretty much all supplements). Plenty of sleep and good food is best, but if you really do need a pick me up right before training (happens to all of us) I recommend acup of black coffee and a square of super dark chocolate. It also doesn't taste like ass. Keep in mind this works best if you don't do it routinely but only once in a while when you need it.
I actually wondered if it was placebo effect, either way it amps me up which I love when I'm ready to hit the gym hard.

I don't drink coffee and I'm not a fan of chocolate of any variety but thank you and everyone else for all the recommendations.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
I actually wondered if it was placebo effect, either way it amps me up which I love when I'm ready to hit the gym hard.

I don't drink coffee and I'm not a fan of chocolate of any variety but thank you and everyone else for all the recommendations.
You can buy crystallized caffeine quite cheaply on Amazon. If your pre-workout drink had any active ingredient in it that would have been what it was, at a huge mark-up of course. Go with that instead if you need something. Really I just want you to stop giving shady, lying, pointless supplement companies your money for their nonsense and ridiculous marketing.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
The soda thing is no joke, I was pushing 210 but after about 8 months of almost zero soda I am down to 175, I did also cut out all dairy as well about 6 months ago to include milk(switched to almond). Now if I can just stop eating a row of fig bars every few days and actually exercise I am sure I could get some definition going.
Ha! Sounds like we're in similar situations. I've never tried alternative milks but I do use skim milk and as for soda, much like yourself, I was surprised at the change.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saving the caffeinated pre-workouts for the weekends makes sense if you can only workout after work, for instance. Taking a caffeine supplement and then working out so close to bed could really mess with your sleep. I use C4 Extreme before every workout, but I always get it in before breakfast. It's basically just beta-alinine, creatine, and caffeine. Plus, the pink lemonade and pineapple flavors are delicious.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Ha! Sounds like we're in similar situations. I've never tried alternative milks but I do use skim milk and as for soda, much like yourself, I was surprised at the change.
Vanilla soy milk + cinnamon toast crunch. Your world will never be the same again.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Serious question for all you pre-workout/post-workout supplement sugar rushers. Did you ever try NOT doing it. And when you first started were all the people you were getting "advice" from telling you to make sure you get these supplements?

They honestly do nothing that food (which also has nutritional value) can't accomplish and if you are tired before every workout you might want to take a look at your diet or get a sleep study done.

Hekotat

You can buy crystallized caffeine quite cheaply on Amazon. If your pre-workout drink had any active ingredient in it that would have been what it was, at a huge mark-up of course. Go with that instead if you need something. Really I just want you to stop giving shady, lying, pointless supplement companies your money for their nonsense and ridiculous marketing.
I understand your point completely and I rarely take the stuff, currently when i've taken some (4 times total in 5 months) two of the times I got some at the store called Black Powder for .75 cents and it worked OK.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I understand your point completely and I rarely take the stuff, currently when i've taken some (4 times total in 5 months) two of the times I got some at the store called Black Powder for .75 cents and it worked OK.

Good, natural, pre-workout!

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I miss ephedra back when Hydroxycut worked. Not only did i get the energy but the euphoric feeling it gave you made every workout and run so much fun.

Ephedra was the shit.

I was always careful with it. Drank lots of water, didn't do any kind of sports or exercise for an hour after. Worked.'
Stopped when I noticed I was getting irritated and angry a lot easier.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I went from just shy of 290 pounds to 185 and didn't take any supplements (other than food) at all for exercise during that time. When I started trying to put on some muscle, I did some research and started using protein powder. Around the middle of '12, I started experimenting with some other stuff (green tea, creatine, cla's, nos, different proteins). Most of it was junk, but I did feel like the creatine and nos added enough to warrant the expense. I liked White Flood when I tried it, but my local shop doesn't have it and I get the C4 for about the same cost.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Never saw that side effect. It always made me euphoric and calm. I never took the recommended dose and did the same gave some time before exercise and stayed hydrated. It had the extra effect of helping me concentrate in class.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why not just eat a snack for some energy?
We're all in this thread because we ate too many snacks already
frown.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Why not just eat a snack for some energy?
I felt caffeine helped me get motivated to lift more, and since a lo carb Monster is all of 20 calories with no sugar it really wasn't too bad. It has weird stuff in it, for sure, but it helped.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I was mostly referring to the pre workout garbage, I drink caffeine like a madman. I just find it hilarious that everyone advocates paleo diet and avoiding processed foods but has no problem drinking some questionable drink or Ephedra.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
I was mostly referring to the pre workout garbage, I drink caffeine like a madman. I just find it hilarious that everyone advocates paleo diet and avoiding processed foods but has no problem drinking some questionable drink or Ephedra.
I don't think the people here that know what they are talking about advocate almost any of that stuff. It is almost universally crap.