Weight Loss Thread

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's a difference between having a pizza night, and eating pizza 5 times a week. The average person doesn't need to completely strip their diets to lose some weight and not be a walking tub of lard. Moderation people, you can still enjoy the things you love, just don't have a fucking bacon cheeseburger every god damn day.

Speaking of, I haven't had Five Guys in a while. Might have to go there tomorrow!

Buffylol

N00b
Down 4.5% bodyfat but still the same weight at 183.1lbs(this is the morning measurement on a rest day before ingesting anything.) Physically there is less fat on my tummy and my Adonis lines are showing again. So far I am liking the MFT28 program. ^_^

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
I'm considering giving crossfit a shot,as my job gives me quite a bit of free time. Does anyone have experience doing this? I have done tough mudder and warrior dash and this kind of reminds me of those.

I'm considering giving crossfit a shot,as my job gives me quite a bit of free time. Does anyone have experience doing this? I have done tough mudder and warrior dash and this kind of reminds me of those.
It's nothing like either one of them. Tough mudder is an 11 mile run with like 2min obstacles. Some crossfit wod's take 6min and you are home.

Down 4.5% bodyfat but still the same weight at 183.1lbs(this is the morning measurement on a rest day before ingesting anything.) Physically there is less fat on my tummy and my Adonis lines are showing again. So far I am liking the MFT28 program. ^_^
You didn't lose 4.5% bodyfat. You couldn't lose 4.5% bodyfat unless you were obese in even a full 28 days if you were using cocaine.

edit: Incoming BRO DO YOU EVEN LIFT POST A PIC FATTY YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
The NO list

?

grains, (including breads, cereals, oatmeal, rice, pasta and anything else with gluten, flour tortillas, etc.)
legumes, (peanuts, beans of any sort, chick peas, etc.)
sugar
dairy, (unless your goal is weight gain, and then grass-fed sources)

I noticed this on their website, isn't that the paleo diet basically?

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
Arkk im basically looking to up my cardio and endurance and supplement my normal workouts. I notice you have a strong opinion on a lot of programs etc, would you consider this one of the better ones?

Arkk im basically looking to up my cardio and endurance and supplement my normal workouts. I notice you have a strong opinion on a lot of programs etc, would you consider this one of the better ones?
Crossfit isn't easy and it isn't really supplemental. They market it as one size fits all and you aren't going to get much individual attention at a typical crossfit box. Someone who does only crossfit will be in better shape than someone who does only general lifting and stuff, without question. But it isn't like an add on to someone who lifts at planet fitness. It's 500x harder and it'd be redundant in some ways, or at least you wouldnt maximize the benefit of either.

If someone wants to up their cardio then do cardio or work on whatever facet of endurance you are lacking in.

Buffylol

N00b
You didn't lose 4.5% bodyfat. You couldn't lose 4.5% bodyfat unless you were obese in even a full 28 days if you were using cocaine.

edit: Incoming BRO DO YOU EVEN LIFT POST A PIC FATTY YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.
Eh, its what the calipers/scale said. I didn't believe the scale, but the calipers I didn't mind trusting. /shrug

Either way I am visibly skinnier and the sheet of fat that was over my abs is receding.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Eh, its what the calipers/scale said. I didn't believe the scale, but the calipers I didn't mind trusting. /shrug

Either way I am visibly skinnier and the sheet of fat that was over my abs is receding.
Don't worry, can't be bothered to go back and check but I'm pretty sure he's the same retard that tried to tell me my body fat measurements weren't real either

You realize that based on what you are saying, you lost 4.5% bodyfat and essentially gained 5-10lbs of muscle simultaneously. The weight on the scale didn't move. This is all in less than two weeks.

You could spend a month lifting weights while getting testosterone and HGH injections from a german doctor as he hands you dbol and clenbuterol every 8 hours around the clock and this wouldn't be feasible.

The ridiculous bodyfat % that some electronic scales show isn't accurate. Calipers aren't accurate. Those little machines that you squeeze and it's supposed to read the bodyfat from your palms isn't accurate. This is accurate:

http://www.edb.utexas.edu/fit/bodycompfit.php

I swear between you and that moron Ossoi I feel like I'm trying to explain to a 7 year old that Santa Claus isn't real no matter what his mom told him.

The dilemma of dealing with someone new to exercise posting on the internet is you can tell them any fucking truth that you want, and no matter what you tell them, they believe that they are doing or can do the impossible.

1) If you are dieting, you can't safely and sustainably lose more than 1.5lbs to 2lbs of fat per week as a natural athlete, and that's absolute BEST case scenario. This is also as a starting point, as you get very lean, you are going to have weeks where you don't lose anything at all.
2) If you are dieting as a natural athlete, you *will* 100% unequivocally lose muscle along with the fat you lose. It is unavoidable.
3) You cannot add any appreciable amount of muscle while in a caloric deficit. If you wan't to gain muscle, eat more than maintenance and vice versa for losing weight. It only occurs simultaneously in really obese people or complete and total beginners who have never picked up a weight. In both circumstances, it's not huge, ie you aren't gaining 5lbs of muscle and losing 5lbs of fat in the same month, or at least not for long.

All 3 of those are facts. Live with it.

I also may add, if you eat a teaspoon of coconut oil with each of your meals and have some schmuck who paid a wackjob snake oil salesman for a phony personal training certificate walk you through carrying rocks, pushing a sled and teaching you how to squat a few days a week, you can effectively break through all 3 of those previously mentioned things...like a boss.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
the point is you nothing about the gym I go to or the guy that trains me, or the program he has me doing.

Calipers may not be accurate (in your opinion) but if the measurements are taken at the same time every week, by the same person (who takes the measurements of multiple people daily and has a certification in it, regardless of what you think of the certification) using the same instruments then I think it's a fairly reliable measure of progress.

If something was wrong with my car I would take it to the garage and I would choose to listen to the advice of the mechanics, who service multiple cars daily over anyone on the internet. Especially when that person is repeatedly asked for credentials and asked to justify why he should be listened to. My body is no different. I've said I will post pics when the 12 week program is over, judge me and my trainer then but until then it should be obvious that your opinions hold no "weight" with me.

And as it stands, my body weight has gone up from 80kg to 83.5kg and body fat is down from 23 to 17.8 after 6 weeks

the point is you nothing about the gym I go to or the guy that trains me, or the program he has me doing.

Calipers may not be accurate (in your opinion) but if the measurements are taken at the same time every week, by the same person (who takes the measurements of multiple people daily and has a certification in it, regardless of what you think of the certification) using the same instruments then I think it's a fairly reliable measure of progress.

If something was wrong with my car I would take it to the garage and I would choose to listen to the advice of the mechanics, who service multiple cars daily over anyone on the internet. Especially when that person is repeatedly asked for credentials and asked to justify why he should be listened to. My body is no different. I've said I will post pics when the 12 week program is over, judge me and my trainer then but until then it should be obvious that your opinions hold no "weight" with me.

And as it stands, my body weight has gone up from 80kg to 83.5kg and body fat is down from 23 to 17.8 after 6 weeks
Of course I do. All of Poliquin's shit is cookie cutter from what people say when it comes to his trainers, you aren't being trained by him personally. He's been around for like two decades, the dogma is known. As far as the calipers, the dude you are paying is adjusting and reading the calipers, lmao. And of course it'd show progress and it does, and as long as there's no deviation in the measurements and as long as the human bodys water balance stayed the exact same on a daily basis, it'd be accurate to that degree.

If I'm so unreliable then stop responding. This isn't the Ossoi and Arkk show. I don't care if you text me a picture of you every day when you first wake up in the morning. You would have already posted a 'before' picture if you weren't just waiting the full 12 weeks to gauge your progress to see whether or not you are going to get trashed by a total internet stranger for lack of progress.

This isn't your diary, no one really cares at the end of the day, especially not me. If you want a reacharound then go make a log thread on bodybuilding.com. The only difference there is that there is a much higher percentage of people with working bullshit detectors than an internet forum for video games, so you will probably just get a few "great job bro!!1!" mixed in with a lot of people who will react like me, aka fat trolls who have never lifted and couldn't possibly know what they are talking about because their avatar isn't a full frontal nude shot.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Stop responding on a weight loss thread, rofl right...you fucking retard, this isn't the "rain on the weight loss parade thread" its the fucking weight loss thread, hence I'm going to keep contributing a)my progress and b) things I think are useful....it's then up to other people to decide for themselves whether they're interested in what I have to say, not you.

You're the one that is following me round with a hardon and preaching just as much as any weight loss guru, fucking hypocrite.

Yeah anyway

From a Poliquin article:

http://www.charlespoliquin.com/Blog/...mpetition.aspx

"1.They don't eat enough saturated fats.
Most people who get these women ready are fat phobic. It works for a while, but has long term sequels. For example, I had a physique competitor go from 9.4% body fat to 7.8% in 6 days after I told her to consume butter and coconut oil 6 times a day. In other words, meats are cooked in butter. Butter on the broccoli etc."

Sound familiar? You guys also magically lost nearly an identical amount of bodyfat in the same period of time. I bet your trainer stays up at night thinking about how he can help you improve.

Post some more gems so I can find the exact same advice in 30sec on google.

wantonsoup_sl

shitlord
How do some of you combat just devouring a shit ton of food when you're hungry? It's seriously my hugest weakness right now, most days I've been doing real good then all of a sudden I just feel like a bottomless pit.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Don't let yourself get that hungry?

In order to get my vegetable intake for the day I tend to opt for a big veggie smoothie that I drink throughout the day. It fills me up so much that I am not even hungry for my actual meals most of the time. Granted, it's a lot of veg to eat each day, but it sure does the trick.