Weight Loss Thread

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Where does it say that anyone buying the book can replicate those results?
Come the fuck on, you can't be serious?

That's like saying advertisements that say shit like, "Soandso made $10,000 a month with this plan" aren't using that statement to sell it to you. If you're going with that argument, you make it sound like this book is equivalent to that bullshit.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I don't want your money. This is what I'm referring to.
rrr_img_69229.jpg

If your point now is that the book doesn'tpromisethis, well... technically you are correct. They are straight up lying about the results someone else had in order to sell their product. This sucks for kids who buy these mags, try these programs, and get discouraged/frustrated with their results.
12 Week Body Plan Transformations | CarlGottlieb.com<--- I already posted actual results from people that followed the program. The guy who is hosting those pictures blogged nearly every day of his 12 weeks on the program - they don't look discouraged/frustrated to me.

I was training 3 x a week, I wasn't the greatest trainer and I certainly didn't enjoy training as much as I do today. Towards the end of my sessions I would rush the reps or simply not do as many as I was supposed to. I certainly didn't push myself as hard as I should/could have done. I also did not know as much about nutrition, calorie counting, TDEE, macro tracking as I did today.

My point is, if I can get decent results in 6 months, whilst training in an environment that was 1 trainer to 4 clients, and not giving 100% every session or knowing as much about nutrition/my body - and with fairly frequent nights out and holidays during those 6 months. Then it really is not a stretch for me to believe that someone with the specific goal of being on a cover of magazine in 3 months, training 4 x a week, with 1 to 1 supervision from a World Leader in that field (eg someone monitoring every single rep for form and proper weight load), who sticks to their diet/supplement regime 100% of the time and has the benefits of the Trainers expertise e.g monitoring food intake and knowing when to increase/decrease calories and specific amounts of carbs to cycle - can get better results in half the time.

No homo, Ossoi bro. But you're looking good. Keep it up!
Cheers

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If their supplement regime includes $750/month in steroids, hgh, and testosterone, then yes.

No one is saying that you didn't do well on the program. It's just that getting twice your results in half the time, like the book claims, takes more than a better diet and harder work. You could also have seen similar or better results on a different program that is freely available on the Internet.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I hate you Ossoi. Seriously though, that's basically my end goal for how I'd like to look. I bet you are just rolling in pussy. No homo.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hey guys, the wife wants a treadmill. For years, I told her "not until we have a house". Now we have a house. Then I told her "I'm not buying you a treadmill, it requires energy and it's worse on your joints". Now she wants an elliptical. Any recommendations?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Any non-personal reasons? I've pushed for an elliptical because I'd rather not she fuck up her joints as she loses weight.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My wife bought a Schwinn elliptical from Amazon for somewhere in the $500 or $600 range, I can check the model number when I get home. Not that the model matters though, because we bought it around 7 years ago I think. It still works well, and we actually use it regularly (it's not a clothes rack).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They're probably decent for some cardio weight loss but that's about it
The hassle of trying to coordinate going to the gym(when you have an infant) is part of the reason I agreed to this, even if it is "only" some cardio weight loss. If she wants to put on some muscle after losing weight, we can discuss that then.

Daelos

Guarding the guardians
8 weeks into my diet now. Down from 96.5kg to 88kg (at 194cm). At this point, there's a a fair bit of fat left around the waist, but the rest of the body is slimmed down heavily. Almost too much, as I can see ribs poking out at the sides. The plan is to stick with it for another 6 weeks, until the end of July, and then start a slow bulk going into autumn.

Accessory lifts and bench press have kept strong through the diet, but squats and deadlifts have suffered. Mostly as my lower back has been acting out, and I suspect it has to do with the diet. I've cutsomethingout of the diet that kept inflammation down (must be garlic!), and now I need to be super careful on heavy weights.

Next challenge is to find a macro/calorie-combination that fits for a slow bulk.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
8 weeks into my diet now. Down from 96.5kg to 88kg (at 194cm). At this point, there's a a fair bit of fat left around the waist, but the rest of the body is slimmed down heavily. Almost too much, as I can see ribs poking out at the sides. The plan is to stick with it for another 6 weeks, until the end of July, and then start a slow bulk going into autumn.

Accessory lifts and bench press have kept strong through the diet, but squats and deadlifts have suffered. Mostly as my lower back has been acting out, and I suspect it has to do with the diet. I've cutsomethingout of the diet that kept inflammation down (must be garlic!), and now I need to be super careful on heavy weights.

Next challenge is to find a macro/calorie-combination that fits for a slow bulk.
What would you estimate your body fat % is currently at? What is your current diet?

Fish Oil helps with inflammation, get a good quality brand in liquid form.

Daelos

Guarding the guardians
What would you estimate your body fat % is currently at? What is your current diet?

Fish Oil helps with inflammation, get a good quality brand in liquid form.
Calculators that look at waistline, neckline, height and weight put me at ~12-14%, but they are notorious for underestimating. I haven't had it measured, but my best guess it that I'm sitting at ~18-21%.

Thanks for the reminder about fish oil. I keep forgetting!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Calculators that look at waistline, neckline, height and weight put me at ~12-14%, but they are notorious for underestimating. I haven't had it measured, but my best guess it that I'm sitting at ~18-21%.
Yeah, if I put in my neck/waist on the phone app I use to track my weight, it puts me at 2%!

I would drop all carbs for a week, except for green leafy veg (spinach, kale etc) and increase protein to ideally 4g per kg. If you feel/look leaner around the waist then I would suggest keep doing that for another 1-2 weeks - by which point you should be noticeably leaner and you can then reintroduce carbs post workout

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Anyone know of a food with little to no carbs / protein, a lot of fat, but no saturated fat? Cause, I cant find one . . . Lol

Khane

Got something right about marriage
0 saturated fat? That's not likely to find. Low in saturated fat? Nuts.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Avocado and cashews are close, but one has to much sugar and the other sugar and protein.

Ketosis diet. Doing it for another couple weeks and looking for new food

Olives look like a winner