Weight Loss Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've definitely had to remedy that. I still eat out pretty much every weekday for lunch at work, but I'm trying to be more reasonable with it. No more taco bell & burger king, sticking to stuff like turkey subs and grilled chicken sandwiches. I've only had 1 soda in the last 2 months as well.
Good to hear man, I was just giving you a hard time anyways

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Is it a work culture thing to go out for lunch everyday? If you can I recommend packing a lunch instead. You can control the number of calories you consume much better this way. If you continue to go out just make good, informed, choices. You'd be surprised at how calories are in some grilled chicken sandwiches or turkey subs. Add in things like fries or chips and it's shocking how many calories you are actually taking in.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Is it a work culture thing to go out for lunch everyday? If you can I recommend packing a lunch instead. You can control the number of calories you consume much better this way. If you continue to go out just make good, informed, choices. You'd be surprised at how calories are in some grilled chicken sandwiches or turkey subs. Add in things like fries or chips and it's shocking how many calories you are actually taking in.
I easily have time to make a lunch and take it with me, but I use lunch as an excuse just to get the hell out of the office for 30-60 minutes each day. If I sit and eat at my desk I inevitably end up doing work, or having people ask me questions about work while I'm eating. I don't feel like I really get a break from work unless I physically leave my office building.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I eat at my desk 4 out of 5 days a week and bill the hour and go home earlier

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I eat at my desk. There's a few of us who all pack and eat at our desks. We just BS during lunch.

If you really need to get out can you pack a lunch, head out for an hour and just take the lunch with you? I like packing because I can control exactly what goes in my lunch. I keep track of all of my calories and, like I said, it's shocking how many calories are in the "healthy" options when you go out.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I cook about 5 pounds of chicken on Sunday and pack 2 lunches (.5 lb each) for every day.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm so chickened out.. It really is easier to eat whatever you want and watch calories.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Pack a lunch and head out to a park and eat there.
would be an option maybe 4 months of the year tops. Its 90+ degrees from June to September, and under 40 from December to March around here. April/May, and October/November are real nice in the midwest though
smile.png

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
24 oz is 1.5 pounds which is what I eat a day in non-breakfast protein.
I read that as .5 per meal, not per lunch. my bad dog. Two lunches huh? I was doing that on my bulk, fuck it gets annoying.

What kind of chicken we talking here? I wish I had some decent slow cooker recipes.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I read that as .5 per meal, not per lunch. my bad dog. Two lunches huh? I was doing that on my bulk, fuck it gets annoying.

What kind of chicken we talking here? I wish I had some decent slow cooker recipes.
Throw it in the oven on 400 for 25 to 30 minutes, lightly coat with whatever seasoning you please. Breakfast, snack, two lunches, and dinner is my standard diet, I lose weight when I am on it. But I'm 6'3'' so... YMMV.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Yes chicken gets very old very fast. But it's a great protein to calorie food with very low fat (I assume nobody is deep frying it...).

We do the same thing. Take a couple of chicken breasts. Season it and then cook it for about 25 minutes at 400 degrees. Cut it up and and pack it into Rubbermaid containers with some vegetables. Now you've got dinner for the next couple of days. About once a week we'll do something other than chicken just for variety but chicken still is the core of our diet these days.

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
Well, I am now down to 218lbs now. Been doing 3 days of weights and 2 days cardio, with the weekends off. Right now mainly working on getting my form together, so I don't hurt myself plus build my way up rather than going hog wild. Ends up being about 30-35min each day, which seems to be working as a good start. I'm sure as time goes on that will get longer as I incorporate more into my workouts.

As far as food goes, working on getting calorie lists together for what I eat. From at least my rough look, it seems like I could incorporate more protein into my meals. I have been watching my snacks since that was where i was getting a lot of extra calories.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I can eat straight chicken maybe two days a week. If I decide to eat more my wife makes some sort of Mexican style soup and I'll shred up a rotisserie chicken or two and throw that meat into it, like hiding a dogs pill in a piece of cheese. I've pre cooked several pounds of chicken breast on many occasions and I always end up throwing half of it away because once that third day hits I'd rather starve than choke it down. Life's too short to eat the same shit every day.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Ya'll ever get your thyroid levels checked? I looked at my blood work for fun from last year and my TSH is like 0.79. Highly active thyroid like a boss. Maybe I have thyroid privilege.