Weight Loss Thread

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Man I really don't get why I'm not losing weight faster on keto. Under 2000 calories every day, under 1500 most, exercising, I'm down like a pound this week. I don't get it.

splorge

Silver Knight of the Realm
Man I really don't get why I'm not losing weight faster on keto. Under 2000 calories every day, under 1500 most, exercising, I'm down like a pound this week. I don't get it.

what is your height/weight? how long have you been dieting? A pound a week is pretty good IMO. 1500 calories is very low for an adult male, if you have been doing such a large deficit for a long time your metabolism will start to downregulate.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
After going to school with woman in that age group (18-19) I'm gonna have to assume you have some predatory instincts because hearing them talk for more than 2 minutes will melt your brain

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
For Gilgamel, I would heavily guess that his measurements are slightly off, and it is throwing off his expectations. A 330+ (329 now?) completely sedentary person loses 1.5 lbs a week on his high-ball number. His 1500 should be much closer to 2.5 or more, before you even factor in exercise.

Just sayin, but the math isn't adding up correctly. Either your intake is a bit higher than you think as an average, or there is something else off by a bit. Basically, something about the reported information isn't accurate. Not sure what, but while I think 1lb a week is totally a healthy and sustainable rate, the kcal per day numbers paint a different story and seem off.

edit: And keto makes absolutely no difference in the world compared to any other diet when it comes to calories consumed. Being on keto doesn't make your body magically process calories faster, or handle caloric loads better, or any other thing you might have thought it would do. It -specifically- cuts out carbohydrates to a large percentage to force the body into using fats as a semi-primary energy source instead of as a backup to carbs. This has -zero- to do with consumed calorie totals and instead the types of calories consumed. If you are consuming 2k of lean meats and fats and zero carbs, when it comes to absolute weight loss (not talking about satiation or any other aspect) it is exactly zero different from consuming 2k of carbs and some mix of fats and proteins. The "bonus" from doing keto is that since you are skipping carbs, you automatically avoid a lot of the shittier empty carb items while consuming longer digesting fats/proteins, keeping you feeling sated (anecdotally) for longer. This reduces your overall daily intake basically as a side effect of consuming fats/proteins vs. having carbs in the mix.

Reporting your calories on keto means exactly the same thing as reporting your calories on any other diet in the world, because calories in < calories out is how weight loss happens. Period.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>

Just curious if you ever bother reading any posts in this thread, or do you just come here to post updates and ask questions and then disappear before reading anyone elses posts?

I told you, that you are already eating stupidly low calories and that keto wasn't going to accelerate anything and that any initial weight loss was just water. Aren't you also the guy that exercises six times a week too?

yet here you are a few weeks later "huh huh hey guyz why am I not burning more fat?"

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
And yes, 1.5 miles nonstop is as good as I can run right now, which is why I'm adding more cardio and less weight lifting. I think being able to run 13 miles once, even if I end up waking a significant portion of it, is a good goal.

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU TAKING STEROIDS THEN

christ, the stupidity in this thread is ridiculous.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
. And it's what weight is good for me to be building muscle.

You should be increasing the weight as much as possible, not just sitting there banging out the same reps, sets and weight every week.

Caliane

edit: And keto makes absolutely no difference in the world compared to any other diet when it comes to calories consumed. Being on keto doesn't make your body magically process calories faster, or handle caloric loads better, or any other thing you might have thought it would do. It -specifically- cuts out carbohydrates to a large percentage to force the body into using fats as a semi-primary energy source instead of as a backup to carbs. This has -zero- to do with consumed calorie totals and instead the types of calories consumed. If you are consuming 2k of lean meats and fats and zero carbs, when it comes to absolute weight loss (not talking about satiation or any other aspect) it is exactly zero different from consuming 2k of carbs and some mix of fats and proteins. The "bonus" from doing keto is that since you are skipping carbs, you automatically avoid a lot of the shittier empty carb items while consuming longer digesting fats/proteins, keeping you feeling sated (anecdotally) for longer. This reduces your overall daily intake basically as a side effect of consuming fats/proteins vs. having carbs in the mix.

Reporting your calories on keto means exactly the same thing as reporting your calories on any other diet in the world, because calories in < calories out is how weight loss happens. Period.

Weight Loss Thread
Didn't you read the link? keto cures cancer, alzhiemers, diebeties, and epilepsy, burns fat when sleeping, makes you run longer and faster, makes you smarter, gives better concentration, gives immunity to radiation, stress, and lets you eat less overall.
Now, imagine working garlic into your keto diet.

• 1Like

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
People read about keto, cut out the freight loads of trash food they've been injecting daily into their gullet daily since they were 20, lose 10 lbs of water weight in a few days, and praise jebus and begin preaching the amazing benefits of keto. After a week, the realities of weight loss begin to set in, and they start adding a few cheat days, which is a euphemism for eating a fuckton of butter and bacon and sleeping all day. Themodynamics starts being a truly annoying cunt.

Anyway, Khane will almost surely elaborate, but the whole idea of keto wasn't to permanently abandon an entire macronutrient group.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Looking to start a diet plan in the next few days here. I have previously been a big runner but a nagging injury has me sticking to walking for the next three months or so instead.

Current weight is 190lbs
Height is 5''10

I'd describe myself as above average fitness, but I'd like to lose 20lbs to get nice and lean. Any advice/input that doesn't involve me reading the previous 477 pages of this thread? Barring any insight from here I'll probably just cut down to a 1600-1800 calorie a day plan and see how it goes.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Depending on how your diet is made up in the first place, there could be some easy things to chop out. But that weight at that size certainly isn't obese (as you've stated) so I am mostly going to assume that you aren't consuming half your daily calories in starbucks or soda. 170 at 5"10 is pretty lean so you must not carry around a lot of muscle mass, and you mentioned you're a runner. I'd keep a fairly reasonable balance of carbs/protein/fats at 1700ish (lawlz, midpoint) if you are going to be low activity, and around 2k for moderate/high activity. Walking will keep ya limber, but as I'm sure you're aware its the diet that matters. Just keep your calories reigned in around the numbers you already sort of tossed out and you should be fine.

But yeah, if you're looking for a wonder drug, the only advice I'd give is to not do whatever it is that Antarius is doing.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Looking to start a diet plan in the next few days here. I have previously been a big runner but a nagging injury has me sticking to walking for the next three months or so instead.

Current weight is 190lbs
Height is 5''10

I'd describe myself as above average fitness, but I'd like to lose 20lbs to get nice and lean. Any advice/input that doesn't involve me reading the previous 477 pages of this thread? Barring any insight from here I'll probably just cut down to a 1600-1800 calorie a day plan and see how it goes.
Check out avatarnutrition.com. It's $10/mth, but I wouldn't expect you'd need more than a couple months before you got where you wanted to be and could cancel your sub.

This site uses the philosophy of Flexible Dieting. You tell it what your goals are and it spits out macronutrient goals. You have to measure and track what you eat, but how you choose to eat to arrive at those numbers is completely unrestricted and based wholly on your preferences. This is the only long term "diet" I've ever stuck with because nothing is off limits.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>

Current weight is 190lbs
Height is 5''10

What activity could you do?

Rowing machine? Exercise bike?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What activity could you do?

Rowing machine? Exercise bike?

I can't swim or run but according to my doctor I can do cycling. I didn't ask about rowing but I assume that's a yes. FYI it's an overuse injury (Achilles Tendinopathy).

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I can't swim or run but according to my doctor I can do cycling. I didn't ask about rowing but I assume that's a yes. FYI it's an overuse injury (Achilles Tendinopathy).

I don't know how you'd cycle with an achilles problem. You're pretty much pushing on the balls of your feet and flexing your achilles the entire time you're pushing.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
People read about keto, cut out the freight loads of trash food they've been injecting daily into their gullet daily since they were 20, lose 10 lbs of water weight in a few days, and praise jebus and begin preaching the amazing benefits of keto. After a week, the realities of weight loss begin to set in, and they start adding a few cheat days, which is a euphemism for eating a fuckton of butter and bacon and sleeping all day. Themodynamics starts being a truly annoying cunt.

Anyway, Khane will almost surely elaborate, but the whole idea of keto wasn't to permanently abandon an entire macronutrient group.

For me the appeal of keto is it allowed me to change my food intake for variety and it is higher protein. Eating coconut and now avocados is a welcome change, and I feel stronger and I actually have some muscle definition on my arms and legs now. I lost 1.9 lbs this week, which is fine, but I do literally work out every day so I'm hoping for 3-4 lbs a week. I am impatient person, and I always push harder for better/faster results. However, If I look at the last 30 and 90 days my progress is certainly good enough.
IOyjI7S.png

kg63atK.png

Do I wish it was faster? Yes. Am I doing everything I can to make it faster? Yes. Will I get annoyed if it takes 50% longer than I'd like. Maybe, but it definitely won't stop me.

Just browse the first 5 pages of r/keto or progress and you see people losing even faster than me, who maybe were smaller than me. If they can do it there's no reason I can't. I work as hard as anyone, I see no reason to expect less.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
For me the appeal of keto is it allowed me to change my food intake for variety and it is higher protein.

but I do literally work out every day

Yes. Am I doing everything I can to make it faster? Y.

LOL, yes - removing all carbs from the menu definitely is good for variety. If you were eating less protein before then that's your mistake. Protein is really the only constant - it is fat intake and carb intake that are manipulated for optimal results.

Working out every day is stupid and probably why you aren't losing weight at an optimal speed. Far better to do a solid hard workout for 60mins x 3-4 instead of what you are currently doing.

I don't think you're doing everything you can to go faster - you're overtraining and undereating. But I've told you this umpteen times.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Do I wish it was faster? Yes. Am I doing everything I can to make it faster? Yes. Will I get annoyed if it takes 50% longer than I'd like. Maybe, but it definitely won't stop me.

I know Ossoi is a hard charger and seems to delight in presenting his thoughts in the most off-putting way possible, but I agree that you're not doing yourself any favors by working out every day (unless you're throwing around pink dumbbells for a few sets of 10 and calling that working out).