Weight Loss Thread

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Ossoi Ossoi what’s your take on zero carb softdrinks, coke zero, pepsi max etc with regards to fasting/intermittent fasting?

I could give a fuck about fasting.

I posted already that I have a zero sugar monster a day. Habit I got into over lockdown.

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
What about vaping, glycol? Chewing gum?

Why are you asking me about fasting? I don't practice it

Admittedly, I was a member of /r/leangains for many years but the first time I tried it involved attempting to eat like 800g of sweet potato in one meal. That induced major diarrhoea and stomach pain. So I never tried it again

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Why are you asking me about fasting? I don't practice it

Admittedly, I was a member of /r/leangains for many years but the first time I tried it involved attempting to eat like 800g of sweet potato in one meal. That induced major diarrhoea and stomach pain. So I never tried it again
Curious what your thoughts are on it regardless.
Dumping syndrome, nice. That’s slimming too in the dumb way. Like laxatives.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
@Denamian @Lanx and any other mod that might be watching this, this discussion is over as far as I am concerned.

For the record, I'm very much notamod. The grown up forum is just one of the sections that I read the entirety of and the spike in activity caught my eye.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
For the record, I'm very much notamod. The grown up forum is just one of the sections that I read the entirety of and the spike in activity caught my eye.

Intentional spike pun?

Screenshot - 2021-03-09T003135.965.png

• 1Splash the Pot
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Ossoi Ossoi what’s your take on zero carb softdrinks, coke zero, pepsi max etc with regards to fasting/intermittent fasting?

I wanted to know the same thing because I had read years ago about not consuming diet sodas during intermittent fasting. I’ve been looking it up, and the recommendations seem to fall depending on who is trying to sell you what.

There is weaker data that suggests aspartame can trigger a release of insulin, but it may not be enough to have any effect on blood glucose levels. So the die hards say don’t drink it. But a lot of those sites that tell you that are selling their green tea, etc. I ended up on Peter Attia’s site and he thinks that diet sodas are about the same as coffee in that regard. If you’re fasting for “neurological benefit” or “gut health” then avoid them, but if you’re looking for weight loss it’s fine. But again, it depends on how extreme the guru is. The more reasonable, the more they say it’s fine to drink diet soda while fasting.

I sometimes wonder if people realize the pancreas continuously secretes insulin throughout the day and night (less than one unit per hour).

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Quality Calories

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Well I drink just water and those soda waters (jews call it seltzer). The ones with just a bit of natural fruit flavor in them and zero calories, no ingredients listed except "natural flavor". Hope that shit is ok because I like my carbonated water. I think my only saving grace is I never was a soft drink drinker, nor any of that other industrial garbage like monster, etc. Always just water and whole milk for me. Now just water since im doing keto.

I don't eat past 4pm, so I get my good full 16 hours fast in. Hope the magic works. I'm not obese , but sure could lose 30lbs.

I really don't want to do keto long term. I hope to move to no sugar/no grain (except oatmeal..) after I drop a certain amount.

I went to the drive in last night and had some popcorn, my first cheat in a month. Just ate half a small bag. I REALLY wanted some peanut M/Ms though. But once I talked myslf out of them and ate some popcorn , the fit passed and I was ok. Sugar is VERY addicting (to me at least).

Edit: some of the mechanics talked about in the mess of these last several pages was interesting to me. Especially the process the body goes through to prepare itself to consume fat tissue and how a fasting period (caused by duration between eating OR by exercising all the food out of your blood and basically leading to the same thing).

Last edited:

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
The carbonated water with flavors are usually infused/filtered and that has no sweetner or additives. I find it best to just avoid anything but the tea and coffee when fasting and go with unsweet tea with stevia with a meal because my insulin is going to spike anyways. Coffee and some green teas will break your fast, even apple cider vinegar will as well. If you’re doing the strict fast, water and nothing else carbonated water is fine and I’d avoid the flavored ones as well for strict fast other wise knock yourself out.

Apple cider vinegar, green tea and coffee will absolutely make your fast better though and help you burn fat during your fast. Unless your scared to not get the benefits of atophagy (sp?) drink that coffee black in the morning, that green tea for lunch and your apple cider to help burn fat. On days you eat I suggest stevia with apple cider vinegar, feel free to look up a recipe online. Mine is matcha green tea by Ujida, 2 table spoons of apple cider vinegar, cream of tartar, and I squeeze an entire lime into it and then pour 8 ounces of carbonated water and 3 stevia packets. On days I don’t eat my apple cider vinegar is the apple cider vinegar alone chased by 8 ounces of carbonated water.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Well I drink just water and those soda waters (jews call it seltzer). The ones with just a bit of natural fruit flavor in them and zero calories, no ingredients listed except "natural flavor". Hope that shit is ok because I like my carbonated water. I think my only saving grace is I never was a soft drink drinker, nor any of that other industrial garbage like monster, etc. Always just water and whole milk for me. Now just water since im doing keto.

I don't eat past 4pm, so I get my good full 16 hours fast in. Hope the magic works. I'm not obese , but sure could lose 30lbs.

I really don't want to do keto long term. I hope to move to no sugar/no grain (except oatmeal..) after I drop a certain amount.

I went to the drive in last night and had some popcorn, my first cheat in a month. Just ate half a small bag. I REALLY wanted some peanut M/Ms though. But once I talked myslf out of them and ate some popcorn , the fit passed and I was ok. Sugar is VERY addicting (to me at least).

Edit: some of the mechanics talked about in the mess of these last several pages was interesting to me. Especially the process the body goes through to prepare itself to consume fat tissue and how a fasting period (caused by duration between eating OR by exercising all the food out of your blood and basically leading to the same thing).
Sometimes when you are craving chocolate you aren’t craving sugar but the sodium in it, a great way to deal with cravings is to snack on some sea salt. Pink Himalayan sea salt or Redmond’s real salt, also helps with minerals and electrolytes for extended fast.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I have no investment one way or the other with what you're trying to prove with the article, but I do love that the author is a grossly obese millennial woman.
That article was terrible, stopped reading after she said she only ate “big meal” and was intermittent fasting while snacking all day.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I wanted to know the same thing because I had read years ago about not consuming diet sodas during intermittent fasting. I’ve been looking it up, and the recommendations seem to fall on
is trying to sell you what.

There is weaker data that suggests aspartame can trigger a release of insulin, but it may not be enough to have any effect on blood glucose levels. So the die hards say don’t drink it. But a lot of those sites that tell you that are selling their green tea, etc. I ended up on Peter Attia’s site and he thinks that diet sodas are about the same as coffee in that regard. If you’re fasting for “neurological benefit” or “gut health” then avoid them, but if you’re looking for weight loss it’s fine. But again, it depends on how extreme the guru is. The more reasonable, the more they say it’s fine to drink diet soda while fasting.

I sometimes wonder if people realize the pancreas continuously secretes insulin throughout the day and night (less than one unit per hour).

• 1Picard

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
last food was around 10pm last night. Woke up, sprinted 7.5 miles in bike to work. At work for 24 hours. Will see if I can go the whole day fasting just water.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
My Dominatrix friend told me last night she wants to go to Ibiza in June with me and a bunch of her hot friends.

Motivation to gym/eat right is easy when there's a specific date in mind. I was 75kg for NYE and 79kg before because the motivation dipped after NYE, plus gyms are still closed here and the weathers not been good enough to train outside.

A holiday is exactly the kind of motivation I need, and I will aim to go below 74kg.

Previously 72kg was my lower limit, I've never been lower than that because hitting 72kg (which corresponds to 8-9% body fat) is like hitting a wall in terms of fat loss. To get to that point I have to be on 12-1400 calories, weights and 15k+ steps a day, which is too much for someone not competing.

Now 74kg seems to be the lower limit, possibly because of I've added more muscle since. Remainder of March, April and May should be enough time to get to at least 74kg and maybe even lower

he’s a narcissistic

BTW, anyone else find it hilarious that Burnem Wizfyre Burnem Wizfyre calls me narcissistic?

I've literally weighed myself everyday for the last 4.5 years and have got progress photos going back even further.

If he'd ever got close to my condition then he'd realise that narcissism is a side effect of looking this good.

Last edited:

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
My Dominatrix friend told me last night she wants to go to Ibiza in June with me and a bunch of her hot friends.

Motivation to gym/eat right is easy when there's a specific date in mind. I was 75kg for NYE and 79kg before because the motivation dipped after NYE, plus gyms are still closed here and the weathers not been good enough to train outside.

A holiday is exactly the kind of motivation I need, and I will aim to go below 74kg.

Previously 72kg was my lower limit, I've never been lower than that because hitting 72kg (which corresponds to 8-9% body fat) is like hitting a wall in terms of fat loss. To get to that point I have to be on 12-1400 calories, weights and 15k+ steps a day, which is too much for someone not competing.

Now 74kg seems to be the lower limit, possibly because of I've added more muscle since. Remainder of March, April and May should be enough time to get to at least 74kg and maybe even lower

BTW, anyone else find it hilarious that Burnem Wizfyre Burnem Wizfyre calls me narcissistic?

I've literally weighed myself everyday for the last 4.5 years and have got progress photos going back even further.

If he'd ever got close to my condition then he'd realise that narcissism is a side effect of looking this good.

You measure steps?