Weight Loss Thread

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If you have a mongolian grill somwhere by you it could be a good place to stock up on protein. I do one lunch there, fill the fucking bowl so high with chicken and ribeye and some veggies I get stares, then I eat some there, then take the rest with me, its like 2 or even 3 more lunches all for $12.

rrr_img_122145.jpg

I swear you could not buy so much steak and chicken at the grocery for $12.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
The easiest thing to prep is to just buy some broccoli, brown rice (basmati is ok too), and chicken breasts. It takes all of 30-45 minutes to prep and cook, then you just portion it out into tupperware.

Some people do the full 7 days but I feel after 3 or 4 days the chicken is turning nasty.
Skip the rice and make lentils or quinoa. It's healthier and not nearly as many carbs. :}

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I was a diet pop drinker like that, not as bad, but still. Replaced that shit with tea. I brew up a huge pot of tea every night, add lemon juice, and sweeten with splenda. Drink it over ice.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Just buy the 200mg caffeine pills at Walmart. Jesus dude 10-12 diet sodas a day is not good.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Skip the rice and make lentils or quinoa. It's healthier and not nearly as many carbs. :}
I do black beans, chicken, broccoli with like 1 cup of brown rice spread between 5 meals. Works pretty well for me and super filling.

Sloshed

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't imagine what your teeth look like. Are you diabetic? Lol.
Ha Teeth are fine. And for people who can't stand to drink water this is harder than most realize. I've tried flavoring water in the past but I hate that too. I can drink sweet tea but I don't want all that sugar since I'm dieting. I don't really care for unsweet tea and I don't want to flavor it with artificial sweeteners since that's going to force my body to release insulin just like the diet drinks I'm trying to come off of. I'm hopeful after detoxing for a week this will be easier.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I think you will come to realize in a week or so after being off of that shit that water tastes fucking delicious, lol.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The easiest way for me was to do sparkling water 1L bottles from the supermarket. I was not on 12 cans a day, but still. Is that like almost a can every hour that you're awake?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ha Teeth are fine. And for people who can't stand to drink water this is harder than most realize. I've tried flavoring water in the past but I hate that too. I can drink sweet tea but I don't want all that sugar since I'm dieting. I don't really care for unsweet tea and I don't want to flavor it with artificial sweeteners since that's going to force my body to release insulin just like the diet drinks I'm trying to come off of. I'm hopeful after detoxing for a week this will be easier.
Like with eating healthy, switching to drinking nothing but water sucks for a week to a month but eventually you will realize you don't mind it at all. The hardest part is your body coming off the caffeine and sugar, which you are already starting to experience. That part should not take more than a week. Another bonus to water, drinking a lot of water will sate your appetite, making it easier to make it between meals without snacking. I'm currently fighting through the cravings part of eating healthy after the holidays. It sucks but everybody goes through it and once it passes you feel great.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I loaded up on BK a few times out of convenience over the last few weeks and it's all I'm thinking about this week.

I have my A1C/etc. blood tests next week too.. really hoping it went down since I was hospitalized. Sugar is still crazy high, but NEW YEAR NEW ME

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Chicken can get real boring real quick, which is why I keep a decent assortment of hot sauces in the fridge.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, for cheapness chicken is great, but you really want to work in some variety. Fish (salmon is my go to) is also relatively cheapish depending on your location, and even just a can of tuna in water drained to toss on some salad can break up the monotony.

I also do the occasional tofu stir fry depending on mood. It's light, decent protein, and is pretty much just going to taste like the vegetables/sauce it was cooked with.

Whenever I'm prepping more than a couple pieces of chicken at a time, I always break it up a little bit by throwing 1-2 of the breasts into some light sauce (usually just balsamic vinegar) and letting it soak for a day or two after cooking with salt/pepper/garlic. That way even if I'm just going to be grabbing some veggies and warming up the chicken, it's got a different flavor than just salt/pepper. If you aren't pan-averse, chicken doesn't take long to cook and you don't even really need to add oil if you have a reasonably decent teflon pan. You can then do whatever you want sauce wise in the pan to change things up a bit.

But yeah, you definitely want to look at having some variety in your protein, otherwise it is going to be harder to stick to. Especially at first. Also I can't handle the flavor/texture of brown rice, no matter what is done with it. I'll shift calories around for some calrose or something else, but man fuck brown rice hah.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The holidays turned my clean cut into a dirty bulk. So dirty. Sick gains.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I drank one of those 36 packs a day of diet soda for almost a year and it wrecked my shit so bad, and getting off that habit was awful. I agree on diet sodas - that shit is awful for you. I'm so glad I overcame that mess. I was sick almost every other week in 2014 in one way or another. I've actually switched to pure sugar (non-corn syrup) sodas generally when I need a soda (I keep it to like 2-3 a week tops), and switched to iced vanilla coffee (home made) for my caffeine fix in the morning.

I've actually lost 7lb since 12/25 changing some habits, cutting out things, and working with a nutritionist to get my diet in better control.

Speaking of the coffee:

Brew coffee, refrigerate overnight.

when ready to serve:

ice in cup
put half and half or milk, your choice
add Torani Vanilla Syrup (Sugar Freeornot)

Use amounts you like to your liking.

As for meats, you should make korean kalbi short ribs. Those are fucking GREAT when prepped properly. Sauce I usehere.

I like that sause so much I use it in other things too. It is a little high on the sodium though so don't overdo it. But it's like the old bay of sauses for me.