Weight Loss Thread

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
They're renovating my office so 2 of the 3 elevators are out of commission. The building is only 4 stories high yet the fatties still huddle around and wait 5 minutes for the lone elevator.
Don't judge them too harshly. Take it from someone who has been both fat and in-shape at different times in their life - the stairs are not something you want to tackle in business attire when you're fat. You get sweaty, out of breath, and need several minutes to recuperate after just one flight, let alone four.

Would the stairs help them? For sure. But nobody wants to look foolish at work.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm not even sure what you're talking about
You're disdain for fat people and the feeling of fullness coupled with your general dislike of the act of eating.

It would be lightning in a goddamn bottle. I mean shit. Who doesn't like eating? What the fuck?

I'll tell you, I have never taken any kind of supplement or pill and have never even thought about doing so. It's all snake oil and bullshit. But I would actually buy that pill if it existed.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
You're disdain for fat people and the feeling of fullness coupled with your general dislike of the act of eating.

It would be lightning in a goddamn bottle. I mean shit. Who doesn't like eating? What the fuck?

I'll tell you, I have never taken any kind of supplement or pill and have never even thought about doing so. It's all snake oil and bullshit. But I would actually buy that pill if it existed.
Just take adderall if you want that, people forget to eat all the time while taking it.

Khane

I just want to not care about eating and that's it. I have a hard enough time sleeping as it is.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't mind eating. I don't like the feeling of being full so I rarely overeat. Almost always there is food left on my plate at every restaurant I go to because the feeling over eating is far, far worse than the small enjoyment of the act. Also, you know, the fatness.

I think you've misinterpreted that I find eating to be a hassle because I need to do it every 6 hours or so. So if I had the option to never eat I'd probably take it.

Khane

I think you've misinterpreted thatI find eating to be a hasslebecause I need to do it every 6 hours or so.So if I had the option to never eat I'd probably take it.
Pretty sure I haven't misunderstood anything.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Who in their right mind would ever eat frozen > fresh?
All the "fresh" fish, chicken, and beef, that you buy in the supermarket has actually already been frozen at least once. If you're arguing against buying prepackaged and pre=seasoned foods than I agree.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I'm with Tenks on this one, as much as I enjoy the act of eating, I'd happily do without. It's such a hassle to make food as often as i need to eat so I usually end up just eating cliff bars or candy just to fill the calorie void.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Has your activity level changed besides the stairs? It's my understanding that type 2 diabetes is simply described as a very high insulin resistance and can effectively be cured by being more active (along with a low carb diet). As your body exhausts its stored glycogen, insulin can function as it does in healthy individuals and get rid of the serum glucose. I wouldn't think the stairs alone would be exhausting enough glycogen to make you more insulin sensitive, but if you were extremely sedentary before then it could explain your numbers.
No nothing has really changed. After the holidays I have been trying to eat better, but it wouldn't explain the massive drop. Only thing I can think of is it took 2 months for my new medicine to finally kick in - that doesn't really seem right to me, but it's all I can think of. 10 flights of stairs does wind me, don't get me wrong, but I also doubt the 5 minutes of walking up/down the stairs a day would lower it that much. My first thought is the medicine, my second thought is I am dying.

In a normal person 100 would be considered normal after eating, but for me it was troubling. I don't even know what it was before I ate but it must've been really low.

Khane

Noodle. You're not doing a good job of explaining this.

You are eating better but you don't think that's got anything to do with it. Instead you believe it's because you burned an extra 6 calories walking up a flight of stairs?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Noodle. You're not doing a good job of explaining this.

You are eating better but you don't think that's got anything to do with it. Instead you believe it's because you burned an extra 6 calories walking up a flight of stairs?
I mean eating better a little bit - I didn't go from pizzas every night to grilled chicken and quinoa, and I certainly didn't cut enough carbs to warrant the drop. I'm just watching my diet a little more these days. The drop from 200+ to 100 (or even below) felt like an anomaly at the time.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
All the "fresh" fish, chicken, and beef, that you buy in the supermarket has actually already been frozen at least once. If you're arguing against buying prepackaged and pre=seasoned foods than I agree.
Depends on the market, but as a generalization, that's fairly accurate. Flash frozen shit is the standard, especially for seafood. Not 100% certain on other meats, but unless you are getting your shit direct from the harbor, your seafood is always flash frozen first.

That's just how they do.

Depending on location, veggies/meats are superior once through the flash freezing process. Hours hanging out waiting for transport, and then hours in barely legal temperature ranges in transport vehicles do a world of bad for basically everything. If flash frozen, they have a much higher tolerance for time delays, since they are... you know, frozen. Fresh shit has a very small time frame in which it can even be considered "fresh" and it is mostly not adhered to by purveyors in general.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Depends on the market, but as a generalization, that's fairly accurate. Flash frozen shit is the standard, especially for seafood. Not 100% certain on other meats, but unless you are getting your shit direct from the harbor, your seafood is always flash frozen first.

That's just how they do.

Depending on location, veggies/meats are superior once through the flash freezing process. Hours hanging out waiting for transport, and then hours in barely legal temperature ranges in transport vehicles do a world of bad for basically everything. If flash frozen, they have a much higher tolerance for time delays, since they are... you know, frozen. Fresh shit has a very small time frame in which it can even be considered "fresh" and it is mostly not adhered to by purveyors in general.
This 100% true for seafood which is generally frozen at sea as it's caught. The only way to get fresh fish literally is to pull it out yourself. As for chicken and other meats, Beef is about a month old by the time you get it, by the time the cow is killed, butchered, aged and moved it's seen a lot of time. That is OK with beef cuts as they benefit a lot from ageing. Chicken on the other hand is best to get fresh, I am a chef and generally we order our chicken 3 days before we get it because they actually kill the chickens to match our order and send us fresh but a lot of grocery stores might not give you the same quality.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sugar has been bouncing low (88, 100, 110) a few times in the past two weeks so the doctor suggest against Keto for now until my body levels out a bit. 88 was after eating too, so I can't imagine if I hadn't eaten any carbs with the meal.

I'll just have to do a normal diet for now.

I've been mostly eating chicken, peppers, broccoli, and basmati/brown rice most nights. The rice gives enough carbs to keep me stable. You'll never sell me on quinoa.