Weight Loss Thread

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Under 325 and no longer morbidly obese. Never has anyone been this joyous to be obese. 200s coming fast.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
you sound like me. hungry. all the time.
I even drink a ton of water. far more then average people. and tea.

Aside from the biking/running exercise, I found the best thing I did to drop the weight was Protein shakes for lunch. They were much more effective in satisfying hunger, and getting me to dinner then anything else. Then possibly another after dinner/evening, when I get hungry again 9ish.

Well yeah, the shit is hard to do, if it was easy, everyone would be skinny, lean and sexy. Add to this how food can be a crutch in certain stress situations and a comfort in others, yeah the shit is hard. But it does get easier, it takes time, but it does get easier as time goes on and you staying vigilant.

In fact the entire point of all this is a life change, dont think of this shit as "diet" because thats a short term thing, think of it as a slow life change in the way you eat.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Well yeah, the shit is hard to do, if it was easy, everyone would be skinny, lean and sexy. Add to this how food can be a crutch in certain stress situations and a comfort in others, yeah the shit is hard. But it does get easier, it takes time, but it does get easier as time goes on and you staying vigilant.

In fact the entire point of all this is a life change, dont think of this shit as "diet" because thats a short term thing, think of it as a slow life change in the way you eat.

Some people just don't have the urge to eat. I fight the urge to eat all the time, because I know it's harmful and I'll overeat/comfort eat if I'm not on top of it.

Tenks I think he said a few times that the idea of eating makes him sick. He's skinny as hell too. Those things are related.

My wife gets an upset stomach if she eats much at a time at all. Guess what she weighs 98lbs...

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Food is the greatest pleasure in life...yes, even better than sex! And the fight to not constantly eat it is real. People who don't like eating have a much easier time. I both envy and pity those people who are happy to subsist on shit like Soylent.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
you sound like me. hungry. all the time.
I even drink a ton of water. far more then average people. and tea.

Aside from the biking/running exercise, I found the best thing I did to drop the weight was Protein shakes for lunch. They were much more effective in satisfying hunger, and getting me to dinner then anything else. Then possibly another after dinner/evening, when I get hungry again 9ish.

Alright I would give this a try. Any suggestion on the protein shake?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Alright I would give this a try. Any suggestion on the protein shake?

a protein shake for lunch is a terrible idea, the very notion that 25-50g of whey protein will somehow keep you full until the evening meal is lolz. Just another example of the bad advice routinely shit out by this thread

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Food is the greatest pleasure in life...yes, even better than sex! And the fight to not constantly eat it is real. People who don't like eating have a much easier time. I both envy and pity those people who are happy to subsist on shit like Soylent.
I don't like sex but like food.

Caliane

a protein shake for lunch is a terrible idea, the very notion that 25-50g of whey protein will somehow keep you full until the evening meal is lolz. Just another example of the bad advice routinely shit out by this thread
lol. ok.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
How about instead of drinking a disgusting protein shake you just eat some protein?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
How about instead of drinking a disgusting protein shake you just eat some protein?

This guy gets it.

But by all means Calimoron please do explain how 50g of whey protein is more filling than 200g chicken and some veg/salad

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Under 325 and no longer morbidly obese. Never has anyone been this joyous to be obese. 200s coming fast.

Congrats man, a great accomplishment!! Keep it up!

I weighed in at 237 last weekend, down from my high of 310 in July. Just 17 pounds to go until I'm where I want to be (I'm 6'3").

Got blood work yesterday, awaiting those results but expecting A1C to still be in the mid-5s. No longer no CPAP. Can fuck wife for hours without being tired. Life's good man. Fuck b being fat, man... never again. Never ever again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'll tell you what, if you guys have a Zoe's near you their protein power plate is pretty great. Tastes good, relatively filling (I always get double chicken), and low carb all for like 700-900 calories I want to say. I weigh 178 pounds at 6' tall and I can't make it from breakfast to lunch on just a protein shake, and I've tried. Sometimes just switching the shake to boiled eggs and yogurt helps (with a snack around 9:45) and its not much more caloric intake.

Grats on the weight loss though Gil, keep on truckin'

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fuck b being fat, man... never again. Never ever again.
Thats how I feel about it. The first time I really went through my closet over a year ago throwing out stuff I thought to myself a second, "maybe I should hang onto some of the nicer clothes just in case." And that thought was just a second, because then I thought, "just in case of what?", I'm never going back to that size again. I'd just as likely kill myself before getting back to that size.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Thats how I feel about it. The first time I really went through my closet over a year ago throwing out stuff I thought to myself a second, "maybe I should hang onto some of the nicer clothes just in case." And that thought was just a second, because then I thought, "just in case of what?", I'm never going back to that size again. I'd just as likely kill myself before getting back to that size.

lol, yeah exactly. I had 42 waist jeans before this diet, and now I can wear my old 38s with a belt and even then they are falling off a bit. Thankfully I work from home and don't need to bother with a wardrobe, but I think 36s would fit now. Those 42 are monstrous. But I do suggest you should save at least something like a pair of jeans, or like a 5XL shirt or something from when you were fat, just to remind you how fucking awful that is, and to never do it again.

Oh, as for the food thing, I can easily have a protein shake for breakfast, and have it last until lunch, but I used to be able to do it from lunch to dinner, but not anymore. Now I generally have a chicken salad with avocados or something to that effect for lunch, which holds me over easily. I'm usually not hungry after that until 6-7 at night.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I kept my original jeans. I could barely button up the 50's, I'm in a 36 now. Wardrobe has been a problem, but as they say its a good problem to have. It'll be 3 years in march and I've lost 136 lbs so far. Of course I haven't lost as much weight this past year as previous, but I've definitely toned up a good bit this year. It's a bitch though, I bought new winter clothes last year and already its too big on me this year. And it seems like clothes in smaller sizes varies so much more so than the larger sizes, as in not all 36's are the same, not all larges are the same, etc.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just so some can hopefully learn from my mistakes, when you get closer to your goal weight, don't throw out 100% of your transition clothing. While you never want to get fat again, when you are comfortable enough to bulk you may need some of those clothes back. Nothing ridiculous, but I definitely had to make some trips to Old Navy and get some cheap jeans and such because I bought them at my lowest weight and then things started not quite fitting right when intentionally gaining weight again.