Weight Loss Thread

Sheriff Cad

scientia potentia est
<Nazi Janitors>
35,621
86,313
Think I have flown too close to the sun. ,169 this morning.
You're at the point I'd stop even looking at the number and focus on leanness and gaining muscle. Unless you are really short, you're a good weight. How are your diabetes numbers looking?
 
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,386
20,387
You're at the point I'd stop even looking at the number and focus on leanness and gaining muscle. Unless you are really short, you're a good weight. How are your diabetes numbers looking?
Numbers are incredible. Only reason I watch my weight is too make sure I'm not going too low... Which I might be. I will probably soon be trying to taper down. I'm 6'1-2"
 

Sheriff Cad

scientia potentia est
<Nazi Janitors>
35,621
86,313
Numbers are incredible. Only reason I watch my weight is too make sure I'm not going too low... Which I might be. I will probably soon be trying to taper down. I'm 6'1-2"
Is your doctor going to taper your tirzepatide or are you on that for good? You may want to stay on it at a lower dose for your diabetes numbers, but you being about the same height as me, 169 pounds is pretty light.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,386
20,387
Is your doctor going to taper your tirzepatide or are you on that for good? You may want to stay on it at a lower dose for your diabetes numbers, but you being about the same height as me, 169 pounds is pretty light.
This is likely a lifelong medication as it's doing a lot of heavy lifting for my numbers, but they're working with me and monitoring it. They told me if I started to lose too much weight we could taper down doses.
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sheriff Cad

scientia potentia est
<Nazi Janitors>
35,621
86,313
This is likely a lifelong medication as it's doing a lot of heavy lifting for my numbers, but they're working with me and monitoring it. They told me if I started to lose too much weight we could taper down doses.
Thats great. Congrats again on this, I know people will shit on you for doing it with a GLP but weight loss is weight loss. Great job.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ubiquitrips

Lord Nagafen Raider
708
166
Well done, man. That is great progress. At 6'1" / 169, without knowing anything else, I would hit the weight training and flip to muscle building at maintenance or slight surplus (if the meds don't make that feel gross).

I may be projecting, but I had gotten down to 145 being 5'9" years back and just felt small. I wanted to feel bigger and look like I lifted when in clothes. It definitely is a mental shift to reframe gaining weight as a good thing.
 

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,386
20,387
Well done, man. That is great progress. At 6'1" / 169, without knowing anything else, I would hit the weight training and flip to muscle building at maintenance or slight surplus (if the meds don't make that feel gross).

I may be projecting, but I had gotten down to 145 being 5'9" years back and just felt small. I wanted to feel bigger and look like I lifted when in clothes. It definitely is a mental shift to reframe gaining weight as a good thing.
The real issue is going to be eating food. I still am not pretty hard with the lack of hunger. I think if I drop anywhere close to 165 I need to immediately taper down.. which I am on the verge of.

The thing was I considered this my maintenance dose of medicine and plateaued at 175 for basically over a month. All of a sudden it started hitting me hard again. I read that it could be my hormones and metabolism were readjusting or something during the plateau.

Anyways I agree on the weight lifting (which I am doing). Just gotta figure the healthiest wsy to slow the train down
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sheriff Cad

scientia potentia est
<Nazi Janitors>
35,621
86,313
The real issue is going to be eating food. I still am not pretty hard with the lack of hunger. I think if I drop anywhere close to 165 I need to immediately taper down.. which I am on the verge of.

The thing was I considered this my maintenance dose of medicine and plateaued at 175 for basically over a month. All of a sudden it started hitting me hard again. I read that it could be my hormones and metabolism were readjusting or something during the plateau.

Anyways I agree on the weight lifting (which I am doing). Just gotta figure the healthiest wsy to slow the train down
Since you can't eat a lot due to being on GLP's, you just feel full earlier and aren't motivated to eat, I think you need to look at what foods you're eating and eat some that are a little richer/a little higher calorie (as funny as this sounds). If you can only eat like 1 liter of food (made up volume) before you get full, then you want the calorie content of that 1 liter to be higher so your weight stabilizes or you can start gaining muscle.

Eat nuts, nut butters, avocados, olive oil, whole eggs, fatty fish, full-fat dairy, oats, rice, potatoes, and dried fruit. Those are the highest-calorie foods that still deliver protein, healthy fats, and micronutrients instead of empty junk.

Nuts and nut butters (peanut, almond, cashew): ~190–210 calories per 2 tbsp. Easy to add to oatmeal, yogurt, toast, or shakes.
Olive oil or avocado oil: 120 calories per tablespoon. Drizzle on rice, vegetables, meat, or salad. Two extra tablespoons is 240 calories with almost no extra volume.
Avocado: ~240–320 calories per fruit. Add to eggs, bowls, toast, or blend into smoothies.
Whole eggs: ~70–80 calories each. Eat the yolks.
Fatty fish (salmon, mackerel): 230–300+ calories per 4–6 oz cooked plus protein and omega-3s.

Add more of these to your diet and up the calories a bit, with your weight training if you get some good calories in you you should see some muscle gain. Let me tell you, if you haven't actually seen your muscles in a while and you gain some added muscle and you're relatively lean... you will like the look of your body way way more than you did before. And liking that look is self-reinforcing where you'll want to do more of it.

This is actually a good problem to have, you've dieted "too well." This isn't usually the issue people have. :)
 
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Potato del Grande
12,285
13,415
Since you can't eat a lot due to being on GLP's, you just feel full earlier and aren't motivated to eat, I think you need to look at what foods you're eating and eat some that are a little richer/a little higher calorie (as funny as this sounds). If you can only eat like 1 liter of food (made up volume) before you get full, then you want the calorie content of that 1 liter to be higher so your weight stabilizes or you can start gaining muscle.

Eat nuts, nut butters, avocados, olive oil, whole eggs, fatty fish, full-fat dairy, oats, rice, potatoes, and dried fruit. Those are the highest-calorie foods that still deliver protein, healthy fats, and micronutrients instead of empty junk.

Nuts and nut butters (peanut, almond, cashew): ~190–210 calories per 2 tbsp. Easy to add to oatmeal, yogurt, toast, or shakes.
Olive oil or avocado oil: 120 calories per tablespoon. Drizzle on rice, vegetables, meat, or salad. Two extra tablespoons is 240 calories with almost no extra volume.
Avocado: ~240–320 calories per fruit. Add to eggs, bowls, toast, or blend into smoothies.
Whole eggs: ~70–80 calories each. Eat the yolks.
Fatty fish (salmon, mackerel): 230–300+ calories per 4–6 oz cooked plus protein and omega-3s.

Add more of these to your diet and up the calories a bit, with your weight training if you get some good calories in you you should see some muscle gain. Let me tell you, if you haven't actually seen your muscles in a while and you gain some added muscle and you're relatively lean... you will like the look of your body way way more than you did before. And liking that look is self-reinforcing where you'll want to do more of it.

This is actually a good problem to have, you've dieted "too well." This isn't usually the issue people have. :)
Fucking love avacado's, but I loathe trying to pick good ones, and I hate going to store more than once every week, ideally 2 weeks. So then you are fighting their expiration there too. Not to mention good produce in bumfuck OK is tough. Biggest thing wife misses from CO.
 

Control

Avatar of War Slayer
6,398
17,771
The real issue is going to be eating food. I still am not pretty hard with the lack of hunger. I think if I drop anywhere close to 165 I need to immediately taper down.. which I am on the verge of.

The thing was I considered this my maintenance dose of medicine and plateaued at 175 for basically over a month. All of a sudden it started hitting me hard again. I read that it could be my hormones and metabolism were readjusting or something during the plateau.

Anyways I agree on the weight lifting (which I am doing). Just gotta figure the healthiest wsy to slow the train down
Just taper down the dose a bit. Assuming you're using preloaded pens and don't want to try splitting them up (you can inject them into a sterile vial and use insulin syringes to inject what you want, but it's bit of a pain in the ass), just wait an extra day between doses, then two, etc. I plateaued for a while for whatever reason, but down to 228 this morning. Still some pounds to lose but that number feels crazy to me. I started tapering a bit this week, just feels like I'm not eating enough to have any energy. I desperately need to start lifting, but physical activity just feels horrible right now.
 

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,386
20,387
Just taper down the dose a bit. Assuming you're using preloaded pens and don't want to try splitting them up (you can inject them into a sterile vial and use insulin syringes to inject what you want, but it's bit of a pain in the ass), just wait an extra day between doses, then two, etc. I plateaued for a while for whatever reason, but down to 228 this morning. Still some pounds to lose but that number feels crazy to me. I started tapering a bit this week, just feels like I'm not eating enough to have any energy. I desperately need to start lifting, but physical activity just feels horrible right now.
I'll just get a new rx for it honestly when I taper. Insurance keeps it at $25/month no matter the dose
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Potato del Grande
12,285
13,415
Didn't ever give an update and don't have numbers on me. But after first 5 weeks of injecting T instead of using enclino, T actually dropped a like from lik 880 to 820. But shbg and estriodal actually got worse. So the last few weeks it's been bumped up to 35 or 40 ml twice a week and taking half a pill of the estrogen blocker the day after.

Getting the expected ball shrinkage, sometime's a little tender to touch. Not really feeling any supercharged anything other than maybe a little sleepless been staying up until midnight. Don't days I guess a little more wide awake feeling but not exactly feeling like I want to go lift logs for fun.
Sex drive already high before, so it's actually kinda a pain trying to resist chatting the wife all the time. Biggest concern is no ed or anything, but I've suddenly had issues getting over the edge finishing. She doesn't want to take 30 minutes of plowing, and it's causing issues because she's doing the women freak out that omg she's not enough for me suddenly despite things being more lively and great instead of her trying to get off easy star fishing. Google says just likely some of those being out of whack but aside of getting them back inline guess I've gotta could turkey not getting off on my own.
 

Sheriff Cad

scientia potentia est
<Nazi Janitors>
35,621
86,313
Didn't ever give an update and don't have numbers on me. But after first 5 weeks of injecting T instead of using enclino, T actually dropped a like from lik 880 to 820. But shbg and estriodal actually got worse. So the last few weeks it's been bumped up to 35 or 40 ml twice a week and taking half a pill of the estrogen blocker the day after.

Getting the expected ball shrinkage, sometime's a little tender to touch. Not really feeling any supercharged anything other than maybe a little sleepless been staying up until midnight. Don't days I guess a little more wide awake feeling but not exactly feeling like I want to go lift logs for fun.
Sex drive already high before, so it's actually kinda a pain trying to resist chatting the wife all the time. Biggest concern is no ed or anything, but I've suddenly had issues getting over the edge finishing. She doesn't want to take 30 minutes of plowing, and it's causing issues because she's doing the women freak out that omg she's not enough for me suddenly despite things being more lively and great instead of her trying to get off easy star fishing. Google says just likely some of those being out of whack but aside of getting them back inline guess I've gotta could turkey not getting off on my own.
Tons of guys who have gotten on TRT report the same issue with the wife who is probably in perimenopause and certainly not interested in banging on a regular schedule/for more than 10 minutes type of thing.

They all say the same thing: get your wife on it too.
 

Sludig

Potato del Grande
12,285
13,415
Tons of guys who have gotten on TRT report the same issue with the wife who is probably in perimenopause and certainly not interested in banging on a regular schedule/for more than 10 minutes type of thing.

They all say the same thing: get your wife on it too.
She absolutely wouldn't inject, going to take some coaxing to even get tested, she's 40 at the end of the year. She's pretty good about going a little long, but I'm probably sabatoging my available time if she's gotten off 1-2 times before I even get to business.
 

Sheriff Cad

scientia potentia est
<Nazi Janitors>
35,621
86,313
She absolutely wouldn't inject, going to take some coaxing to even get tested, she's 40 at the end of the year. She's pretty good about going a little long, but I'm probably sabatoging my available time if she's gotten off 1-2 times before I even get to business.
Thoughts and prayers to you if she just doesn't think it's a problem and won't do anything to even get tested, much less make changes. Thats not a recipe for success. You will get more and more frustrated as you get older and her sex drive drops off a cliff and yours does not.

I'd consider going back off TRT if she won't get on it, you're just going to drive yourself crazy if sex is important to you and you value your marriage.
 

Sludig

Potato del Grande
12,285
13,415
Thoughts and prayers to you if she just doesn't think it's a problem and won't do anything to even get tested, much less make changes. Thats not a recipe for success. You will get more and more frustrated as you get older and her sex drive drops off a cliff and yours does not.

I'd consider going back off TRT if she won't get on it, you're just going to drive yourself crazy if sex is important to you and you value your marriage.
I'm holding out for the spacex brain chip or them perfecting life like bots