Weight Loss Thread

splok_sl

shitlord
I'll try to post a video later today.

Any previous issues with your knee that you can recall? Where in the knee is the pain (front/back/side (inner/outer))? Do you get the same pain using the leg press machine? Same pain when doing a body weight squat? Do you do any post workout stretching/foam rolling? Questions to think about.
Not really, I've hyperextended it a couple of times, but that was years ago and it wasn't anything that didn't fix itself after a few days. I don't get the same problem with the leg press machine, but then I'm probably not be doing a comparable amount of weight once my bodyweight (300ish) isn't involved. Bodyweight squats don't seem to cause problems initially, but it fires up once I add a bit of weight (like 90lbs). After it starts, even lighter weights/bodyweight is painful for a while afterwards. And no, no real stretching/foam rolling habit.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you experience any sharp, burning pains while doing any exercises you should see a doctor before anything else. Could lead to serious injury.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm 2 weeks into my cut and it fucking sucks. I just want to eat everything. I'm thinking I need to up my veggie intake just to fill my stomach a bit.

Hard to tell what my actual weight is since it fluctuates with water so much. Lost 2 lbs the first week (Saturday - 173), then gained a pound the 2nd week ( Saturday - 174), but down a pound this morning (Monday - 172). Shit's kind of obnoxious. I imagine there will be one week where I just drop 2-3 pounds suddenly.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
1300 calories? Just make water popsicles. And eat nothing but grilled chicken and lettuce. Hahaha.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Starting my weight loss this week. Not really going crazy with min-maxing, just trying to eat healthier overall and seeing where that brings me. For instance, I usually bring a small bag of chips for lunch everyday, I've replaced that with a small fruit salad. Cutting out my soda intake, even though I just drink Diet Mountain Dew - it's still not good for you. I have been completely energy drink free for about a month now, feels good not relying on one in the morning.

Still have to find time to make it to the gym. I'm adjusting to working full-time now, so it's a bit tough. I'm thinking my best option might be in the morning before work - and we have a gym here at work so it might be easier that way.

Clocking in at 6'3" 225 pounds, no idea on body fat but it's higher than normal I'm sure.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
So it's been a week since I cut off my drinking, down maybe 2 lbs 173 to 171. I did see a 169 one morning but that's more of a fluke. I'd like to see myself at 155 but the amount of effort that would take is not worth it.

I'm also probably gonna cave soon and get a gym membership, homegym is going to get too costly.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Starting my weight loss this week. Not really going crazy with min-maxing, just trying to eat healthier overall and seeing where that brings me. For instance, I usually bring a small bag of chips for lunch everyday, I've replaced that with a small fruit salad. Cutting out my soda intake, even though I just drink Diet Mountain Dew - it's still not good for you. I have been completely energy drink free for about a month now, feels good not relying on one in the morning.

Still have to find time to make it to the gym. I'm adjusting to working full-time now, so it's a bit tough. I'm thinking my best option might be in the morning before work - and we have a gym here at work so it might be easier that way.

Clocking in at 6'3" 225 pounds, no idea on body fat but it's higher than normal I'm sure.
I think I'm going to have to do this soon. I went into this just expecting to be able to drop a few snacks here and there, but I guess I wasn't thinking about the numbers much. I was probably doing 2800-3000 a day on my bulk, and that was gaining a pound every 1 and a half weeks or so. So dropping that to maintenance probably gets me to 2500-2700 calories. But my goal of 1 pound a week means another 500 on top of that, so 2000-2200 calories. I've probably been eating around 2400 the last 2 weeks, and I'm getting hungrier every day.

So I think it's time to drop the bulking diet with less food and go for an actual clean diet. I love shit like brocolli and sweet potatoes, so they'll probably become daily staples.

I don't remember if I mentioned it, but I did progress pictures at the end of my bulk (Jan 1st) and I felt fat as shit. Guess seeing myself in the mirror wasn't as evident. Once I get down to about 12% body fat I'll post em up for comparison.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So dropping that to maintenance probably gets me to 2500-2700 calories. But my goal of 1 pound a week means another 500 on top of that, so 2000-2200 calories. .
Rather than do a straight -500 every day I would distribute it differently. I would eat at maintenance on days you lift (assuming 3x a week) and have a bigger deficit on days you don't, if maintenance is 2500 then I'd aim for 1800 on non training days. At least then you have some days where you get to look forward to more food. 1800 4x a week and 2500 3x a week would still net you almost 1lb a week

3g protein per kg minimum, ideally 4g per kg and keep the sweet potato to post workout only - green veg the rest of the time. It's really not that hard, I relaxed my diet over Christmas and put on 3kg...1.5kg of that went in the first week
smile.png

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's something I'll consider. I have noticed a big drop in strength already.

The other option would just be to eat normally and add in cardio. But I hate cardio.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
That's something I'll consider. I have noticed a big drop in strength already.

The other option would just be to eat normally and add in cardio. But I hate cardio.
I did a couple of hiit sessions last week, first one was 30 minutes and then 40 minutes. Boring and didn't feel like doing another one today so did a ddp yoga workout instead, pretty good for twenty minutes work

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
There is a lot of talk about artificial sweeteners being linked to health problems like obesity and follow on problems like diabetes. The whole "aspartame causes cancer" thing has been pretty thoroughly debunked but I have a tendency to buy into the theory that it promotes weight gain/overeating/etc. Really, from my perspective, it just isn't worth the potential risk. Even if there is no risk, it doesn't taste the same, why treat yourself more often with an inferior product when you can have the real thing, only less often?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I doubt that is really the same as far as hydration goes. Drink water, pussy. Or tea. Pussy.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
As part of my weight loss i am counting calories. Usually i end the day around 1400-1700 of my allotted 1950 (this is food minus exercise). Today i am only at 1000 calories and im not hungary but im worried can i be getting too few calories? Looking for advice is there a min i should be going for looks like the government thinks its 1200 but what does your experiance say?

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
I'm 2 weeks into my cut and it fucking sucks. I just want to eat everything. I'm thinking I need to up my veggie intake just to fill my stomach a bit.

Hard to tell what my actual weight is since it fluctuates with water so much. Lost 2 lbs the first week (Saturday - 173), then gained a pound the 2nd week ( Saturday - 174), but down a pound this morning (Monday - 172). Shit's kind of obnoxious. I imagine there will be one week where I just drop 2-3 pounds suddenly.
omg my shit flucuates so much its so annoying. its not uncommon to see 4-5 pound swing in either direction on any random given day.

my foot just started feeling better after i hurt it by adding in jogging between lifting days. today i ran 5 miles and now my knee hurts to where its pretty noticeable. stupid

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
As part of my weight loss i am counting calories. Usually i end the day around 1400-1700 of my allotted 1950 (this is food minus exercise). Today i am only at 1000 calories and im not hungary but im worried can i be getting too few calories? Looking for advice is there a min i should be going for looks like the government thinks its 1200 but what does your experiance say?
If you're not hungry I wouldn't really worry about it. A lot of days I only get like 1400 calories and I don't feel hungry until I'm just about to go to sleep. People overplay the whole "starvation mode" thing. It isn't as if you don't follow My Fitness Pal to the letter and your body shuts down. Some other people are more educated than me, maybe there is some big risk, but I doubt it.