Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
3.75 star(s) Rating: 3.75/5 4 Votes
Title: Werewolf by Night (2022)

Tagline: There's no escaping the night.

Genre: Action, Fantasy, TV Movie

Director: Michael Giacchino

Cast: Gael García Bernal, Laura Donnelly, Harriet Sansom Harris, Kirk R. Thatcher, Eugenie Bondurant, Leonardo Nam, Daniel J. Watts, Al Hamacher, Carey Jones, David Silverman, Rick D. Wasserman, Richard Dixon, Jeffrey Ford, Erik Beck

Release: 2022-10-07

Runtime: 55

Plot: On a dark and somber night, a secret cabal of monster hunters emerge from the shadows and gather at the foreboding Bloodstone Temple following the death of their leader. In a strange and macabre memorial to the leader’s life, the attendees are thrust into a mysterious and deadly competition for a powerful relic—a hunt that will ultimately bring them face to face with a dangerous monster.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Loved Marvel stretching their legs a little on this. I would really enjoy seeing them do something in this vein every Halloween. The tone wasn't exactly perfect for mimicing the Universal monster movies, but extremely enjoyable all the same.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
While I know this was hardly a masterpiece, it was decent. Kept my attention the whole way through.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Thought this was really fun and a welcome change from the usual, stale MCU. And Man-thing looked fucking cool

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was fun. I loved the atmosphere throughout. Man-thing was awesome. Nice to see something done right. I had only one minor complaint.

When they first showed Elsa Bloodstone I thought "Hell yeah, Jessica Jones is in this????" . They were too similar.

Worth the watch unlike a lot of stuff recently shown.

• 2Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That was fun. I loved the atmosphere throughout. Man-thing was awesome. Nice to see something done right. I had only one minor complaint.

When they first showed Elsa Bloodstone I thought "Hell yeah, Jessica Jones is in this????" . They were too similar.

Worth the watch unlike a lot of stuff recently shown.
I thought it was Cassie David from Umbrella academy haha.
cazzie-david.jpg_346753400.jpg

FdjFa14XkAMuPVm.jpeg

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Even though it only had 10 minutes or less of screentime, I really didn't like the werewolf design. Looked more like ape-man to me.

Caliane

Don't have marvel, so didn't watch. but just watched the trailer.

My thoughts on that. yeah. had no idea what I was clicking on, so was surprised at "elsa bloodstone" at first. Did also think the actress/outfits looked too much like Jessica jones. ha.
Universal throwback is a bad idea imho. IDK, you guys seem to like it. it is all black and white? The tone and looks are off. I would have made it a homage to 70's/80's British horror. That would have fit the tone to a tee.

Does Blade show up? Patsy walker, Hellcat could have as well. TV version of her is a mess. But comic version of Hellcat has ties to the Bloodstones. And her power is the ability to sense magic.

Homsar

It's such a short watch all the throwbacks and nostalgia is over with before you know it.

I have no clue why or how this got made but it's the best option for phase 4

• 3Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Even though it only had 10 minutes or less of screentime, I really didn't like the werewolf design. Looked more like ape-man to me.
I tend to like the more monstrous design but this was clearly an homage to the Wolf Man. So I was totally okay with it .
I really enjoyed this.

• 3Like

Homsar

I tend to like the more monstrous design but this was clearly an homage to the Wolf Man. So I was totally okay with it .
I really enjoyed this.
Wolf man was done great. Don't think anything will top Werewolf n london

• 2Like

fris

Vyemm Raider
Watched with my boys, 10 and 13. Left the room early and snuck back in and scared the piss out of them.

Movie is worth a watch unless you hate Disney as much as Dems hate trump

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Pretty sure everyone hates Disney on here. I actually like they haven't done anything good lately so I'm not supporting them

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
Don't have marvel, so didn't watch. but just watched the trailer.

My thoughts on that. yeah. had no idea what I was clicking on, so was surprised at "elsa bloodstone" at first. Did also think the actress/outfits looked too much like Jessica jones. ha.
Universal throwback is a bad idea imho. IDK, you guys seem to like it. it is all black and white? The tone and looks are off. I would have made it a homage to 70's/80's British horror. That would have fit the tone to a tee.

Does Blade show up? Patsy walker, Hellcat could have as well. TV version of her is a mess. But comic version of Hellcat has ties to the Bloodstones. And her power is the ability to sense magic.

Watched last night to see if it would be appropriate for kids during halloween (its not, I'm pretty sure most kids would be bored), Blade does not appear. I didn't pick up any MCU connections although I'm sure there are tons of small easter eggs.

It was ok, I didn't hate it but I wasn't scared ever, the action wasn't good, I don't really understand why it was in black and white, and the whole thing felt very staged and small. Which isn't awful, and it passes by quickly at around 50 mins. Any of the Underworld movies are far better and they aren't exactly cinematic masterpieces.

Man Thing was definitely the highlight and fun to watch but he's in it for maybe 5 mins. I get the whole Universal Monsters 40s-60s connection and thats why it was done in black and white, but it shares little with those kind of movies in terms of themes/pacing/dialogue.

Actors were good, really only 2 people had anything to do and its mostly just awkwardly shuffling around cheap sets while dragging out the next X fights Y. I guess Elsa wanted the bloodstone to give her more powers and ?? but it woulda been nice if she talked about why she came back for it.

It is higher up in the MCU phase 4 content and thank god its not a 6 hour long series or some shit. Mostly it just tells me Marvel can't write a good story to save their life anymore.

I really hope the GOTG xmas special is better but after this I'm setting my expectations to pretty low.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database