Werewolf signup thread

I'm interested in running this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

I've got several special roles in mind, but they will depend on how many people are interested. If we get enough people, the game will start next week with the first "night" commencing monday (2/4/13) at 9:00 pm eastern time (just to give people enough time to digest the rules of the game and the impact of the special roles). Indicate your interest here.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Came expecting this,
werewolf-wallpaper.jpg

Left disappointed.

For the uninitiated, Mafia (or Werewolf) is a game about a small number of informed players working against a larger number of uninformed players. At the start of the game, players are assigned a role (villager or werewolf). The werewolves will get a PM with the names of all the other werewolves. There will be a main thread for people to talk/point fingers/etc. Villagers (and werewolves) vote publicly about who to burn. The werewolves vote secretly about who to eat. The night resolves with the burning and then the eating (assuming there is a werewolf left).

If we get enough people, we can have special villager roles (which are also secret):
The Sheriff can protect one person each night.
The Inquisitor can determine the role of another player each night.
The Hunter can kill one player each night.

If we really have a lot of people, we can consider other "red" factions (which are also working against the werewolves):
The Vampires choose a villager to convert each night (targeting a werewolf has negative consequences which depend on how many people there are playing the game).
The Psychopath chooses a person to kill each night and only wins if he is the last player left.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I love me some mafia. I got into it when I was studying/working in the ex-USSR. It's insanely popular over there, with restaurants and bars hosting "mafia parties". It's especially fun when alcohol is involved. When I played it was generally kept pretty simple. I think the most roles we ever used were Mafia, Citizen, Doctor, Police.

I never thought about doing it on a forum. It doesn't seem like it would be as fun. A lot of the enjoyment is seeing people's reactions/bluffing/poker faces during the game.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
They have a bot on IRC that can do Werewolf/Mafia games too. We would play for hours.

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've played dozens of mafia games on forums. It is real easy, and a whole lot of fun. I just don't have time for it now.

I love me some mafia. I got into it when I was studying/working in the ex-USSR. It's insanely popular over there, with restaurants and bars hosting "mafia parties". It's especially fun when alcohol is involved. When I played it was generally kept pretty simple. I think the most roles we ever used were Mafia, Citizen, Doctor, Police.

I never thought about doing it on a forum. It doesn't seem like it would be as fun. A lot of the enjoyment is seeing people's reactions/bluffing/poker faces during the game.
It's actually pretty great on forums if there's enough time (like a day) between rounds. The werewolves can spread a lot of FUD and get people pointing fingers at each other and you have lots of time to analyze people's voting patterns. If we can get like 20 or so players I guarantee it'll be fun.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
This is something I've been doing a lot lately (playing video Mafia). If you're actually interested in this check outHomeorTwitchwhich we stream it to pretty much every night except Tuesdays (Tuesdays are All Stars onTwitch)

It's a lot of fun to do on video and there are some pretty crazy games sometimes