Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Werewolves Within (2021)

Tagline: A whodunnit with teeth.

Genre: Horror, Comedy

Director: Josh Ruben

Cast: Sam Richardson, Michael Chernus, Michaela Watkins, Cheyenne Jackson, Harvey Guillén, George Basil, Anni Krueger, Sarah Burns, Wayne Duvall, Catherine Curtin, Rebecca Henderson, Glenn Fleshler, Milana Vayntrub

Release: 2021-06-25

Runtime: 97

Plot: When a proposed pipeline creates hostilities between residents of a small town, a newly-arrived forest ranger must keep the peace after a snowstorm confines the townspeople to an old lodge. But when a mysterious creature begins terrorizing the group, their worst tendencies and prejudices rise to the surface, and it is up to the ranger to keep the residents alive, both from each other and the monster which plagues them.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Found out about this yesterday. Trailer looks good. Pretty excited for it but I am a werewolf nerd.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Found out about this yesterday. Trailer looks good. Pretty excited for it but I am a werewolf nerd.
Man, I'm the same. I desperately want werewolves to get a solid decade of movies like vampires and zombies did. I thought Wolf Soldiers and Underworld 2 and American Werewolf in Paris might spark that in the 2000s but ended up wrong.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Werewolves are just furries with better PR.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

Werewolves are just furries with better PR.
problem?

596c8febec863-twilight-film-still-taylor-lautner-1347622695-view-1

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I rented this on Amazon for like 6 bucks last night. It was fantastic. Very funny. Did a great job of transitioning between humor and tension. The director also stared in and directed another movie I highly recommend called Scare Me. This is a guy to watch. He's 2 for 2 in my opinion.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
We also watched this for the 4th and its a great little movie. Lots of lesser known comedic types (like the AT&T chick and Guillermo from What We Do in the Shadows).

• 1Like

Caliane

Catching this.

Milana Vayntrubme is gorgeous.

decently funny.

Wokeness scale. around the main character seems very low thank god. Dude is just a regular guy, and very likeable. they aren't screaming RACISM at you every 2 seconds.
The rest of the cast however its higher. This movie is much like a fargo, or twin peaks, where its ALL about the wacky characters. None of the side cast are normal people, they are all incredibly eccentric weirdos. Which is where the wokeness comes in. they are all fairly offensive depictions of rural people. It can be fine line being authentic and meanspirited. this does not feel like it likes its characters much. Its like Knives out. Feels like west coast elite writing rural people. zero empathy and understanding.
this paragraph is making it seem like a bigger deal ten it is though. its just a slight undercurrent.

Overall pretty solid movie though.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database