Westworld

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
I've said it before, but it's worth repeating: out of all of my friends and family members who watch the show, NONE of them have even guessed yet that William=MIB. It is clever writing, just that it was spoiled for most of us because of people posting all over the Internet about it. Would most of us have guessed it by now without the spoilers? Probably, but I definitely didn't have it figured out after only episode 2. A lot of people turn their brains off when they watch a TV show, they're not necessarily watching it as intuitively as the people who post here.

I don't think it was spoiled at all. The internet provides a forum for discussion and for reinforcement of beliefs by like-minded people, but all this internet theorycrafting wasn't necessary to arrive at these conclusions. If you didn't suspect that William and the Man in Black were connected in some way by episode 5 then a) you were using Westworld as background noise or b) you're a moron.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

yeah. I noted immediately the symbolism between MIB and William.

Stupidmonkey was the first here to outright say, "MIB=William. look at the logos, and they do the same exact action with the can and Dolores." back on oct 13th.

I was pretty on board with that immediately. I was thrown off by the Dolores crashing into theie camp for a bit. But the very next episode? squashed that doubt, with the logan+william talk about the buyout, which sealed the deal for 2 timelines for me.
(I'll admit, I thought the Bernard=robot+arnold stuff was wrong.)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm confident enough now to say that neither William or Logan are the MIB. In episode 7 when MIB and Teddy save that woman and MIB remarks "I though they would have retired you by now." That woman is from the original storyline, from the town that Teddy massacres everyone in. That same town where Dolores has her flashback with William pulling the gun away from her head.

That town is buried by the time William and Logan visit The park. Yet MIB clearly states he remembers that host that was only seen in that original storyline.

• 1Like

Caliane

I'm confident enough now to say that neither William or Logan are the MIB. In episode 7 when MIB and Teddy save that woman and MIB remarks "I though they would have retired you by now." That woman is from the original storyline, from the town that Teddy massacres everyone in. That same town where Dolores has her flashback with William pulling the gun away from her head.

That town is buried by the time William and Logan visit The park. Yet MIB clearly states he remembers that host that was only seen in that original storyline.
Dude what? She was the same host that greeted William, and got him dressed after the monorail, before entering the park.. (Talulah Riley, Elon Musk's ex-wife.
reddit-talulah.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

H.A. Monkey

Why would a greeter host ever need to get retired? Only the hosts within the storyline get retired.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Dude what? She was the same host that greeted William, and got him dressed after the monorail, before entering the park.. (Talulah Riley, Elon Musk's ex-wife.
View attachment 100454
Wasn't Monkey also the one who was certain this was all one timeline? In other words, he's very bad at watching tv.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

IDK, why would you give 2000+ robots individual faces, names, identities and personalities at all? Why would you rebuild them over and over, instead of just making a new copy when you break one? Why retire them whole, instead of like removing the cpu/brain, and using the rest of the body for parts? Why reuse a robot in a different role at all?

who knows why anyone would do any of these things, which defy logic of machinery, production, etc. Logically..,. there would be like 10 Dolores's. One breaks, spare Dolores fills her roll in the story, so there is no gap.
But, we have to just take it they do treat them like people for some reason. And as such. a unique robot face, is a unique robot. and that robot is used in 3 different places. its not a body double.

• 1Like

H.A. Monkey

Wasn't Monkey also the one who was certain this was all one timeline? In other words, he's very bad at watching tv.

I didn't think it was a two timeline deal to start because I thought since the hosts are constantly being rebuilt that there were multiple versions of each host. Which still may be the case of certain physical characteristics of the hosts. Twins in the sense of looks. It turned out I was wrong on the timeline, but why would the park take a host that was already shot through the head and reinstate her as a greeter host? Specially after the shit storm with Teddy and Dolores. Then not only is she retired from being a greeter host, she's put back into a narative? Cmon now.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

H.A. Monkey trying to take Astr0's title. You gonna let him do that?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I didn't think it was a two timeline deal to start because I thought since the hosts are constantly being rebuilt that there were multiple versions of each host. Which still may be the case of certain physical characteristics of the hosts. Twins in the sense of looks. It turned out I was wrong on the timeline, but why would the park take a host that was already shot through the head and reinstate her as a greeter host? Specially after the shit storm with Teddy and Dolores. Then not only is she retired from being a greeter host, she's put back into a narative? Cmon now.
I'm ok with spit-balling all kinds of retarded theories. It's when people start saying this with certainty that I have to call it out.

It's been shown several times, across several episodes that the hosts are reassigned to all types of different roles. Not only does it make sense in the context of the story, it's not even remotely controversial, in my opinion.

• 3Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider

Seriously give up on this show man. You're never going to have a clue what's going on.

• 2Like

H.A. Monkey

H.A. Monkey trying to take Astr0's title. You gonna let him do that?

So the time the MIB references the major problem that happened at the park 30+years ago implying he was there then. And our knowing that William didn't visit the park until after those events. You still want to go with your MIB=William theory? I may have to change my stance on Logan though. He does have a prior visit(s). But no way in hell does William=MIB.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
C'mon, man. Let's not get crazy...
Think about it. Astro's stupid ass would probably buy into this "Logan is actually the MIB!" horseshit, but since he's astro, he'd call him William and everyone would be blissfully ignorant.

• 3Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So the time the MIB references the major problem that happened at the park 30+years ago implying he was there then. And our knowing that William didn't visit the park until after those events. You still want to go with your MIB=William theory? I may have to change my stance on Logan though. He does have a prior visit(s). But no way in hell does William=MIB.
I'm not actually sure what you're referencing here.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
uhm... yes? when did that happen?

Forget what I said, there was obviously some acid in my sweet tea. On Sunday night I seriously thought I saw Bernard give Ford the halt all motor functions command and he froze... just rewatched the scene again, and no that never happened. Holy crap

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Think about it. Astro's stupid ass would probably buy into this "Logan is actually the MIB!" horseshit, but since he's astro, he'd call him William and everyone would be blissfully ignorant.
Except for the 2 or 3 shitty youtube videos every week.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like