Westworld

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Oldbased

> Than U
So who's less likable, Evan Rachel Wood herself or the character she plays?
They created her ( both ) let them pay for it. In more ways than one. The worst we consumers have to deal with is the random shitty article. Fair trade for fair business.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
p41imyrqqe811.png

It’s also the reason Oceans 8 was badly reviewed. Clearly the 6th movie in the Oceans series was a masterpiece. Old white men keeping everyone down. Or building everything depending on who you ask.

• 2Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
It's definitely... both.
if she wasn't such a bitch, reading twitter about how she sucks at acting, and then reacting to it. It'd just be Dolores that was horribly s2 written. But somehow she interprets her shitty written s2 character as everyone is jumping on the misogyny train. Ignoring the fact that most ppl are "ok" w/ maeves storyline, if not pointless, but no one is like "maeve sucks", rather we find the humans around maeve (all men btw) retards.

but no, "ppl don't like me, MISOGYNY!!!"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Would have been funny if they wrote Evan Rachel Wood out of the show and simply went with Tessa Thompson's body being the new S3 Dolores.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Would have been funny if they wrote Evan Rachel Wood out of the show and simply went with Tessa Thompson's body being the new S3 Dolores.
I won't lie. I thought HBO had until the ending. I am still curious if HBO did it as a shot across the bow so to speak. Film that shit then wait a week or two and say oh ya, you are still alive.

• 2Like

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I won't lie. I thought HBO had until the ending. I am still curious if HBO did it as a shot across the bow so to speak. Film that shit then wait a week or two and say oh ya, you are still alive.

Same boat. Was truly hoping this was the case. Tessa is infinitely better, IMO. Rachel Wood is pretty, but her acting was, well, 'wood'en for the entirety of S2. Was really hoping they were getting rid of her.

• 1Like

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
That was a great analysis - especially the macro vs. micro conflicts. Thanks for sharing!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My first thought was, is this that Michael Rapaport? The answer was yes. And then I read the comments and I'm just baffled.

Dude has been an actor for fucking ever, but apparently he doesn't know shit about Hollywood. Okay then...

Oh, and that's ignoring that he was in one of the first ever SJW movies that I can remember in Higher Learning.

Edit: Also to bring this to be more on point, that video above was awesome. The "wheel spinning" part especially spoke to me, because it's my complaint about a lot of TV shows. The Walking Dead comes to mind with just "walking" and nothing happening. But in Westworld, for example, we were finally getting what looked like forward progress and we got the Shogun World episode. And then all of those characters proceeded to become background characters. They literally had no point. But we wasted an entire episode, one that was jarring with the rest of the storytelling, to introduce them. In all, the entire thing was just bad. Worst is that episode by episode most of us were calling out why it was bad. If we can see it, why can't the people making the show?

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just wrapped up S2.

It was a Straight pile of garbage.

Jesus that was bad. Moving on to Andre the Giant doc.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
my pitch for season 3 of westworld: reboot the show, the theme park is full of 80s Wrestlers. Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Macho Man, Randy Savage, that crazy arabian guy

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
my pitch for season 3 of westworld: reboot the show, the theme park is full of 80s Wrestlers. Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Macho Man, Randy Savage, that crazy arabian guy

The WWWE? (Wrestling World Wrestling Entertainment)

giphy.gif

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Watched season 1 end just now. That's some fine television indeed. What's season 2 like?

EDIT
Gask Gask Seriously. Season 1 was fucking perfect. Is 2nd season a let down like True Detective s2 - should I watch or move on?

Last edited:
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users