What are you listening to at the moment?

Picked up an appreciation when I was dating the woman that is now my life. Her dad was in the Houston symphony and she drug me all over to listen. When I lived in Pensacola I went to the symphony a lot. Everywhere else I've lived the symphony would be someone from deliverance playing a banjo.

I went to the Cleveland Orchestra for like 6 years, before the prices busted me. Severance Hall. Superb pure acoustic sound. Very addictive. I would get a season subscription, 13th row center.

Of course the price was peanuts compared to what you'd have to pay for those seats in Carnegie Hall. If you could even get on the waiting list.

You said "a lot." I found that is what really started getting me into the groove. The spaces are plush, the sound is gorgeous, the music grows on you the more time you spend on it.

And your father-in-law is in the biz. Nice.

Ever sit in the first 4 rows or such? I'd do it sometimes if I feel saucy. An orchestra at full tilt is *loud*. A good brass section can blow your monacle off.

Raskoljnikov

Lord Nagafen Raider
Definitely, he was so creative. We can only imagine how many great songs there would have been.

I also like this one

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Listening before it's gone. Everything that has dixie in it getting wiped out apparently. Dixie berewery is changing their name I saw today. At one point this was the second most covered song behind White Christmas. Been covered by 100's. Made famous by Elvis.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
my personal fave live version. Charlie Watts is what I recommend here; he just takes the beat over when he sits down, and everything from then on just dances on top of it. Brilliant shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users