What are you listening to at the moment?

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
I'm listening to nostalgia at the moment. The year is 2000. I'm working at the best buy repair desk after a short stint in college. I'm riding high on my assertions to all my friends and family that the Y2K "bug" won't do anything. Al Gore wins the popular vote, but George W. Bush is the new president? This new show MTV cribs is on my HUGE 30" CRT TV with the speaker grills beside the screen. Eminem's follow up album is blowing up the charts. My Nokia 3310 is around here somewhere, hopefully I still have some minutes left. I don't know much about the world, including NYC where the twin towers are standing.

One day I hear that those guys that did that "One Step Closer" song i've been hearing on the radio released a full album, Hybrid Theory. Let me dial-up and load Napster and see if it's there yet. After downloading the tracks, I am blown away. I like rap, I like rock, this is just perfect. It is such a new and different sound, that guy rapping is pretty good but the grit and range of that guy singing is blowing my mind. I have to pick up this CD.

I played the Hybrid Theory CD everywhere I went and followed Linkin Park ever since. I didn't think much of the 20th anniversary release, but after listening to it with the volume cranked, I'm taken back to a much simpler time, before so many awful events of my life. It is going to be back in my rotation for a while.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
A guy at work brought up Auto-Tune today at work, so I played Cher again just to remember when she brought it to the world on a mass scale. Thanks, Cher.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users
A guy at work brought up Auto-Tune today at work, so I played Cher again just to remember when she brought it to the world on a mass scale. Thanks, Cher.

Cher is lawful neutral. She is a wonderful person and cultural icon, as steady as the north star, but she has no problem destroying huge chunks of music history for a lark if that is what is getting her out of bed that week. She's kinda dumb.

Some people say she is lawful evil, but I think people like that are just bringing too much of their own negative energy to the table. Cher is alright in my book, but flaky as fuck.

Gwyneth Paltrow is lawful evil. See the diff?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user